Game Arts purchased

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Game Arts purchased

Post by drumlord »

Game Arts is essentially no more now. They've been swallowed up by Gung Ho. Details are scarce, but it's looking like they'll just be focusing on the new Grandia MMOG. No mention of if anything is intended for Game Arts licenses...like you know...Lunar.
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

... wow.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Doom is upon us all! *cries*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Post by Guest »

Game Arts is essentially no more now. They've been swallowed up by Gung Ho. Details are scarce, but it's looking like they'll just be focusing on the new Grandia MMOG. No mention of if anything is intended for Game Arts licenses...like you know...Lunar.

Nooo I want another Lunar to make up for Lunar:dragon song we need to buy out Game Art's and make another Lunar game totally made by the fan's of the Lunar series now all we need is money umm anyone got some like $100 million or maybe we need someone here to win the powerball.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

For $100 million, you'd be purchasing Gung Ho itself, not the Lunar property ;)
-Rich-

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Hey, if you can somehow get the rights, I'll organize and manage development ;)

(When we were doing it, I thought console development was way easier than PC development -- though our team liked and was experienced with low-level dev, anyway.)

Post by Guest »

For $100 million, you'd be purchasing Gung Ho itself, not the Lunar property

Ok cool then that means the Lunar community would own a game company to :D .
Hey, if you can somehow get the rights, I'll organize and manage development

Alright now this is what i like we can get the whole Lunar community to develope Lunar 3 :) I'm so happy now for a bright outlook for the new Lunar series. :D
now I just need to figure out how to buy the rights for Lunar I have $20 can anyone loan some money.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Doom is upon us all! *cries*

No, that's not until this Friday.

DevNall wrote:Hey, if you can somehow get the rights, I'll organize and manage development

That'd only kill it faster! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

No. ...No! Lunar: Dragon Song CANNOT be the last Lunar game I get!!!!

Arrrgghhh! Curse Althena!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Maybe the realization of a new game will depend upon the success of the Grandia MMORPG. I mean, if they hit it big with this... maybe they'd also show us other things? Or... is that unlikely?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

MiaOne wrote:Arrrgghhh! Curse Althena!

HERESY!

EDIT:
Sonic# wrote:Maybe the realization of a new game will depend upon the success of the Grandia MMORPG. I mean, if they hit it big with this... maybe they'd also show us other things? Or... is that unlikely?

Sure. I can see it now. Lunar Online: Where Everyone Can Be a Dragonmaster

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

:cry:

I guess I just need to come to terms with the fact that the Lunar I love is no more. :(
- Mike

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, if I where to win the powerball, I would spend the money far more wisely. For instance, I would only buy back Game Arts, then give the company major funding for a Lunar 3. Then I will approach WD and give them a few mil to make damned sure the game is translated by them. Then use the rest of the money to buy everyone's Lunar collections :) Oh, and whatever money is left I plan on building an ub3r house and waving money around hungry children like the rest of the world does :twisted:

And doom is still upon us all, whether it be today, tomorrow, next year, or 11 billion years from now :)

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

phyco126 wrote:Actually, if I where to win the powerball, I would spend the money far more wisely. For instance, I would only buy back Game Arts, then give the company major funding for a Lunar 3.

You sir, have a different definition of "wisely" than me. Game Arts is no guarantee of getting a quality game title. You're much better off hiring the dream team and finding enthusiastic Lunar fans to handle the development. But most important, find people who are smart enough to say "Getting hurt while running is stupid. Are they a bunch of gimps?" "Your battle system sucks" "People don't like when their equipment breaks all the time." "Nobody likes a game that is half fetch quests" and other such intelligent remarks ;)
-Rich-

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Are you certain that "GameArts will be no more"? Usually, the original teams stay intact for at least a little while under new administration.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, I was saying wisely as a joke ;) Besides, picking GA is no different than a fan boy paying the original Jame's Bond to voice in his video game. Always has to be sentimental value (or something along those lines, eh?)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

:cry: First to get it out of the way, this really sucks. I love Lunar and Grandia, and not knowing their future (aside from Grandia Online) really makes me nervous.

Does anyone know what other games/licenses are affected by this?

I think the Evolution series had something to do with them, even though they were made by Sega. Wait, no, I think that's just Electronic Software Publishing. Were there any other licenses they owned?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The only series that would be affected is Grandia, Lunar, GunGriffon and Silpheed. Evolution was by Climax, and yes, published by ESP. ESP was just a collective group of developers that pooled together to create a publishing company. GameArts, Climax, Treasure, and others I believe.
-G1

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

Do you guys think this could be a result of the poor sales of DS?
Vaporized before my eyes

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Damn, the Lunar series can't end on a note like Dragon Song... it can't!! Noooo~! *runs out into traffic and lays down on the road*