Its over...

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Anordin
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Its over...

Post by Anordin »

Just finished EBC tonight. And I'm slowly realizing that there's no more left to play. The only options I see if I want to stay in Lunar: find copies of the Sega CD versions; replay the remakes again; or cough up some dough for a Dragon Song. But I'm not sure of those choices at the moment.

I'm not sure how I'd rate the two games. Each has their pros and cons. EBC struck me as a kind of duty bound rpg. Lucia had a definite purpose and did everything to achieve it; everyone tagged along to make sure she accomplished it. SSC seems more of a coming of age story. The cast had to live in, and outshine the four heros. I'm not sure what I think of the love aspect of both stories. In a certain light, they both seem kinda weak. But then again, they follow the oldest plot: boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy rescues girl and live happily ever after.

Some things I'd like to see in a hypotheical Lunar 3: I'd name it Star Fall and have the basis premise of the Silver Star falling into the Blue Star (it's orbit being pulled in, like Mars' moons will eventually fall and crash into the Martian surface). And of course the traditional blue-haired heroine falling head over heels in love with a brown-haired hero, but each of them being descendants of the original couples.

This game really reminds me of Grandia: Slow at the beginning, but picks up and delievers a smashing ending.
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.
-Mencius, Bk V, Chap V, Legge Translation

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

I'd recommend hunting down the Sega CD games, they really are a lot better than the remakes, this is particularly evident of Lunar: The Silver Star compared to its remakes. With EB it's close to even, each version has its ups and downs.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

But . . . if the Silver Star were to collide with the Blue Star, wouldn't that sort of negate all of the work that Althena and Lucia did to revive the Blue and protect the Silver? I should think such a collision would ruin both worlds, tossing up enough debris to make the planet uninhabitable for quite some time.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a second application of Althena's Light.

Though, such a combined planet would definitely not be spherical, so there'd be a whole bunch of new environmental challenges even if Lucia manages to keep the orbit around the sun stable.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm assuming that the premise would be trying to prevent the collision.

But then, what do I know. I'm not the one who dreamed up the idea.

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

*blinks* yeah I thought it would be fairly obvious that the heroes of such a game would try to prevent such an event from occurring...and somebody 'evil' would try to help it along even though it would be a natural event.
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sounds a bit like Majora's Mask...but of course there are always going to be resemblances to something.

snaztacular
Lostest Boy

Post by snaztacular »

Wow, Anordin, I think that's a fantastic idea! To me, it seems like the perfect culmination of the history of the two worlds that they would reunite. With whatever power of the goddess that would be available, there would be a new moon put in the sky, the new Lunar, and then the cycle is complete.

Silentcrisis
BANNED

Re: Its over...

Post by Silentcrisis »

[quote="
And of course the traditional blue-haired heroine falling head over heels in love with a brown-haired hero, but each of them being descendants of the original couples.
[/quote]

i think alex and luna would have done somthing after sss so what your talking about is pretty nasty who knos how closely related they could be

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alunissage wrote:Sounds a bit like Majora's Mask...but of course there are always going to be resemblances to something.

It also sounds similar to Tales of Eternia (a.k.a. Tales of Destiny 2 in the US) - trying to prevent the collision of two sister-worlds.

...Though perhaps with less strange geometry. It boggled my mind how the worlds could be implied to be round (maps loop, curved horizon) yet when you traveled between them it functioned as if they were flat by depositing your party at the corresponding coordinate on the other world.

Silentcrisis wrote:i think alex and luna would have done somthing after sss so what your talking about is pretty nasty who knos how closely related they could be

Alex and Luna? Luna's a reincarnation of a goddess, it seems very unlikely for her to be closely related to Alex, or even genetically similar to him.
「まあいいけど。」

Silentcrisis
BANNED

Post by Silentcrisis »

are u trying to tell me after all of alexs hard work saving the world and luna he didnt get any

that would really stink to be him

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

... where did Shiva say that at all? She just said it's highly unlikely that they're related. Luna being a goddess-incarnate kinda makes it hard for them to be any sort of brother-sister, even though they grew up together.
-G1

Silentcrisis
BANNED

Re: Its over...

Post by Silentcrisis »

Silentcrisis wrote:[quote="
And of course the traditional blue-haired heroine falling head over heels in love with a brown-haired hero, but each of them being descendants of the original couples.

i think alex and luna would have done somthing after sss so what your talking about is pretty nasty who knos how closely related they could be[/quote]

the original statment was descendents of alex and luna so it would be like their kids getting together

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Maybe if a descendent of Alex and Luna and a descendent of Lucia and Hiro got together...then there's no inbreeding, and they'd make the ultimate power couple :lol:

Ok I'm done.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Never mind the fact that most everyone of the same race is connected if you go back 10-15 generations. 1000 years doesn't matter any; it's rather silly to think of that as inbreeding.

Think about it, if your and your wife's great x30 grandparents are the same. That's somewhere along the lines of a 31st-cousin, 30-times removed. The first-cousin taboo didn't really catch on until the 18th-19th centuries in Europe. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I have to agree with Kiz.

Blue_Sycro wrote:Maybe if a descendent of Alex and Luna and a descendent of Lucia and Hiro got together...then there's no inbreeding, and they'd make the ultimate power couple :lol:

Ok I'm done.

^___^ Hehe, ultimate power couple, good thinking Blue_Sycro. My inner fangirl is squealing "AWWW HOW CUTE!!!" XD I actually wouldn't mind a couple like that.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

*mental note* When posting anything, make sure to be as explicit as possible so there is no confusion over what you say.

So I'm going to have to an award to Blue_Sycro for hitting the nose on the target, or something like that. What he said, is what I meant when I said "each of them being descendants of the original couples." Maybe I could have phrased that better...

Anyone read Dune? You know how some of the characters can recall the lives of their ancestors? That's kinda what sparked the idea about these fated descendants. I'd figure, somewhere in the narrative of Lunar 3, when all hope seems lost and this hypothetical couple seems forever isolated, something inside of them will spark the memories of their genetic past. The child descendant of Alex and Luna could remember Alex's speech; the one that goes something like "we'll always be there, past, present and future." And the child descendant of Hiro and Lucia could remember Lucia's departure and Hiro's determined stance to her back. And somehow this relates to their situation, yadda yadda yadda, the protogonists go save the day.

Now that I'm thinking about it, wouldn't it just be easy for Nall and Ruby to watch of Luna and Lucia's brood and keep the bloodlines secure? This doesn't sound so far-fetched.

Going off topic, but how come the bad guys can be revived, or brought back from the dead, whereas the good guys always have to be a 'new' generation following a similar archetype? I suppose its because the heroes are watching the world and can always direct events or something; whereas the ultimate evil is always the same ultimate evil because we keep bringing it back from the dead, mainly because it's part death so its always there to be brought back. And we never learn because history repeats, but no one studies history, and again evil is there knocking on your front door.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Anordin wrote:*mental note* When posting anything, make sure to be as explicit as possible

This could get interesting...

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Actually? In the fanmade subgame Devnall and I are working on, we decreed Alex and Luna never had children (which doesn't stop nookie, mind...).

Mainly because Luna's child would inherit Althena's power. And Althena certainly doesn't want THAT. Not after all the trouble in Dragonsong and SSSC she goes through to kill herself.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I've maintained for years that they didn't have kids, and for essentially the same reason (that having little demigods running around doesn't really fit).

How is the fangame going, by the way?