Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

"new episodes"

Post by vicdaman »

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: "new episodes"

Post by Dark_Fairy »

One new bit at the official site concerns one of those new episodes. This episode will cover an event from over ten years prior involving the game's legendary Four Heroes as they tackle some major incident. The site describes this as a missing link for for the game as told for the first time from the original scenario writer, Kei Shigema.
That has officially made me want this game x10 more than I already did! Yay for more information on the Four Heroes! ^_^

Also, nice new character art for Kyle, Jessica, and Mia. I also hope we get the soundtrack pre-order bonus overseas too. That would make me sad if it was Japan only.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

The new episode should be fun, particularly if we get a bit of control over the scenario. Here's hoping that they sprinkle more than just one Four Heroes experience throughout the game.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Unfortunately, as with the initial batch, the screens are super tiny. It's like Gung Ho wants to hide how nice the game's remade visuals look. Oh well.
Aw c'mon XD. Those screenshots are only 72% their original size! More than enough to appreciate them :lol:
But at least it shows how much they love the game!

Ana
Saith Pirate

Post by Ana »

I only heard about the preorder soundtrack, not this other stuff. :O But yeah, more about the 4 heroes is awesome. Hope they put up music samples sometime too, I'm really anxious to hear the new music.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

They mentioned this in the original Famitsu article (...did anyone even read that?)

I'm glad that GungHo finally updated the website. There'll be an update on LunarNET about this tonight with all the content. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There's also a decent revamp of the site coming tonight to promote the new game heavier. Check the mainpage in a few hours. I'll have some new screens and artwork and the like.
-G1

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Kizyr wrote:They mentioned this in the original Famitsu article (...did anyone even read that?)
Er, but wasn't the article much less specific? This at least mentions some of the new episodic content instead of just mentioning new episodes generally.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Kizyr wrote:They mentioned this in the original Famitsu article (...did anyone even read that?)
Er, but wasn't the article much less specific? This at least mentions some of the new episodic content instead of just mentioning new episodes generally.
Yes, true. Don't mind me too much; I'm just feeling inadequate. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Wait, "over ten years prior"? I hope that's rather a lot over ten, like at least fifteen, because just ten years before Alex's journey wouldn't make any sense at all with SSS's continuity and barely more than that in TSS's. And it just seems really unlikely that SSS's continuity would be discarded in favor of TSS's at this point.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

NCSX can't make pre-orders available soon enough! I'm so getting this, I don't care if the US version is a short time frame away I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!! :-P
-Nobi

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'll be importing too, even if the US version comes out a month after. I really want that soundtrack too, just in case they Xseed doesn't bring it here.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It never occurred to me not to import, of course. It does mean finding a vendor that will also make the soundtrack available, of course. I don't know if NCSX and the like usually do the preorder bonuses as well.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I hope they do. If not NCSX, whoever does gets my money!
-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Guys... guys guys guys...

They're going to have new voice clips.

More on that tonight. Check for updates. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If that's the case, they may not be able to use the same voice actors. I really hope John Truitt remains as Ghaleon.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:If that's the case, they may not be able to use the same voice actors. I really hope John Truitt remains as Ghaleon.
John Truitt is still awesome enough to be up for it. I get the feeling Rhonda Gibson and Jenny Stigile would be good for it, too. As for the others, I don't know how easy they would be to reach.

Oh, and forget about Ashley Angel. He got a taste of fame with O-Town and is too good for anything now. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

FYI, both Kiz and my updates are on the site now. A bit more revamping to come tomorrow.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Alex were rerecorded. Though what would be interesting is if the Japanese voices were kept. :P

Egad. Another thing to get up on the site -- the comparative voice clips from the Korean and Japanese games. I think the MegaCD Ghaleon was different from the Saturn/PS/PC one, so that's four Ghaleon voices to compare.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Alunissage wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Alex were rerecorded. Though what would be interesting is if the Japanese voices were kept. :P

Egad. Another thing to get up on the site -- the comparative voice clips from the Korean and Japanese games. I think the MegaCD Ghaleon was different from the Saturn/PS/PC one, so that's four Ghaleon voices to compare.
Weren't all of the seiyuu different from Mega CD --> Saturn?
-Nobi