TWO new magazine scans found!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

TWO new magazine scans found!

Post by YoungDyne »

Yo, everyone! I found 2 new scans for Silver Star Harmony. The first is from a magazine called "Otonafami" which I think was released about a month ago (note the interesting shot where it looks like Alex casting one of Nash's patented Thunder Seals?) and the other may be from the recently released Famitsu.

Anyway, Linkage:

Otonafami:
http://www.psphyper.com/psp/new-scan-re ... r-screens/

Famitsu:
http://www.psphyper.com/psp/lunar-scan- ... ly-stages/

Enjoy!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: TWO new magazine scans found!

Post by GhaleonOne »

Thanks! I'll post them on the site shortly, but some of the screens are looking even better than before. Reminds me that I need to get the SSH characters page up finally.
-G1

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Well this confirms without a doubt that the game will be following SSS and not TSS, since we can see Luna on the Hispaniola.

Am I the only one who is bothered by the new character artwork accompanying the text? It seems to huge and obtrusive, especially when you consider it is going to be on a tiny handheld screen. I liked it at first - it kind of reminds me of Disgaea - but the difference is that in Disgaea that there usually isn't much going on behind them to be blocked. Plus Disgaea had the added bonus of all the text being voiced. Maybe they'll do that here? I wish!

I'm still excited. I need a PSP, argh.

EDIT: I just noticed, in the bottom left corner of the famitsu scan, you can see a spell menu. I can't wait until Kiz translates that - maybe we'll get a better idea of whether they'll have new spells/skills or not. I really hope they give Alex some actual magic again like in TSS.

(A quick glance at the MP Costs - though I can barely make them out so I doubt Kiz will be able to make out the characters - don't seem to add up with the MP costs from SSS. So either there are new spells or they've changed the MP cost for them!)

15th EDIT: I love love LOVE the artwork in the center of the famitsu scan, with the sword close-up and Alex, Nall and Luna off in the distance, looking at Vane. I would kill for a wallpaper size of that.
- Mike

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh yeah I meant to mention that artwork in the news update. I really did not expect even more new artwork for the game, but hot damn, I hope we get ahold of larger versions of that.
-G1

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

This remake is worth it just for the new artwork. Maybe we'll get new artbooks and everything. I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE LUNAR BUG ONCE AGAIN.
- Mike

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The Famitsu one is the one I just picked up earlier this week. The Otanafami is one that PGJ sent me, but I hadn't gotten around to translating it before I left. I'll do both of those when I get back. kF
~Kizyr (they|them)

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

The new screens look beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
I had no idea this was gonna make me MORE excited about getting the game. :shock:

BTW, Why was almost everyone expecting this game to be closer to TSS than SSSC anyway?
TSS was tons of fun and unique, yes, but wasnt it crystal clear that this was gonna be an SSSC remake from the very beggining? As interesting as it would be, it will never be like TSS again XD.
And I even heard someone say that there are copyright issues that prevent them from using TSS stuff... and i want TSS to remain untouched >=D.
Anyways, I love both versions too much to be any disappointed =D

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

NallOne - I actually prefer the larger character portraits, and really look forward to them. But then, I generally assume too that there won't be much I'll be missing behind them.

The screenshots for Burg and the White Dragon Cave look gorgeous. I will have to work very hard to procure a PSP. :)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Aaagh! I'm even more excited about this now!
NallOne wrote:Maybe we'll get new artbooks and everything.
Dear Jesus,

If you can make this a reality, I promise to stop maiming random people on the street.

xoxo,
ilovemyguitar

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

This looks like a reallt good remake. I'm still disappointed that its only on the PSP, but hear's hoping for the rest of this deserving series...and what's starting to look like a new quality entry into the series.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

In that Otonafami scan on the right page it looks like Alex has a new spell. They look like atom spheres. Unless I haven't played SSSC in so long that I forgot the spell. The great thing about TSS was that each character had more spells, even if some of them weren't worth having. I don't like having such a limited range of spells/skills.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Silver Phoenix wrote:In that Otonafami scan on the right page it looks like Alex has a new spell.
Eh, honestly, I think that's still Nash with the blue flap of his tunic to the side a bit. The clothes look yellow with blue accents like Nash rather than yellow with green like Alex.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

swordandshield
Lyton Singer

Post by swordandshield »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Silver Phoenix wrote:In that Otonafami scan on the right page it looks like Alex has a new spell.
Eh, honestly, I think that's still Nash with the blue flap of his tunic to the side a bit. The clothes look yellow with blue accents like Nash rather than yellow with green like Alex.
You're right, that is Nash. Judging from the animation of it he's casting his Thunder Thrust spell I believe.

That crest that's engraved on the spell's opening animation looks identical to how it looks in SSS with Nash.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's just been so long since I played SSSC that it would have been a nice change incorporating new spells. Lazy developers...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

ilovemyguitar wrote: Dear Jesus,

If you can make this a reality, I promise to stop maiming random people on the street.

xoxo,
ilovemyguitar
BLASPHEMY! Everyone needs a good maiming once in a while! It's your given duty!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

phyco126 wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote: Dear Jesus,

xoxo,
ilovemyguitar
BLASPHEMY! Everyone needs a good maiming once in a while! It's your given duty!
But... new artbooks... :(

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I suppose there has to be something else that one can sacrifice to ensure our prayers are answered. Child sacrifices anyone?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

phyco126 wrote:I suppose there has to be something else that one can sacrifice to ensure our prayers are answered. Child sacrifices anyone?

Sponsor a starving child and then stop sending the money and if you find out they died, count that.