Will Xseed dub the songs or just subtitle them?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Roogle
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Will Xseed dub the songs or just subtitle them?

Post by Roogle »

I am guessing that XSEED will dub the songs based on the fact that Luna will have an English voice actress and the character is present and singing during Winds Nocturne.

The last game that had a singing protagonist as a part of the story, going from memory, is Final Fantasy X-2, I think. That game had its songs redone, too. Almost all of the songs from games that I can think of that haven't been dubbed haven't really been part of the storyline -- they're played in the credits or during an introductory movie or something like that.
So, now, our journey begins...

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Will Xseed dub the songs or just subtitle them?

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Roogle wrote:The last game that had a singing protagonist as a part of the story, going from memory, is Final Fantasy X-2, I think. That game had its songs redone, too. Almost all of the songs from games that I can think of that haven't been dubbed haven't really been part of the storyline -- they're played in the credits or during an introductory movie or something like that.
Eh, there are lots of games where the singing voices are left intact. Elena from Grandia II still used the same Portuguese songs sung with a Japanese accent from the original game. The English actress didn't rerecord the songs. Same goes for Dahna in Grandia III. Also, there's Tear, the melodist of the party in Tales of the Abyss. Her fonic hymns remained as sung by Yukana. And the localization teams for Ar Tonelico and Ar Tonelico 2 left all of the Hymnos intact even when the singer was specifically supposed to be one of the Reyvateils in the party.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II