For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The last section is open...

Post by DevNall »

The 'last' area of the site is now open:
http://www.gunghoworks.jp/game/lunar/fansite/

Not really sure what's it all about, but hey...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: The last section is open...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Looks like we can submit LunarNET to it, but I'll wait for kiz to look it over first.
-G1

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Wow, I just started messing around and clicking on links to see if I would end up on a fansite. I can't read a bit of Japanese, but I ended up somewhere with some nice Lunar fanart. :lol:

http://profile.ameba.jp/ozgarden

Just hit the "play" button beneath the fanart of Alex, Nall and Luna for some oekaki scribbles and whatnot. :3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Wow, Kinoko Nasu is an old school Lunar fan! He hopes that Lunar 2 gets remade again too! <3 Daisangen, a scenario writer for recent Memories Off games, credits Lunar for making him want to get into the industry, and Takumi Miyajima, the scenario lead for Tales of the Abyss is also a Lunar fan. The art is by Michiro Ueyama, a manga author probably most recognizable for Zoids: Chaotic Century. The little endorsement section was a great idea.
「まあいいけど。」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

They do seem to be doing a better job promoting this game than Marvelous did with Genesis. Or Media Ring with Legend for that matter.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'll take a closer look tomorrow, but yeah, we could submit LunarNET to it (under either G1's or my name, or just as the name "LunarNET"?). It's intended for, say, blogs and the like--but hey, we're good enough. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We're good enough, we're smart enough, and doggone it, people like us! =)

Apropos of nothing, I wonder if Akari Funato is still involved with Lunar at all.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm not at all surprised to hear that people in the industry site Lunar as an influence. I've always thought of Lunar as the thinking person's Final Fantasy.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I've always thought of Lunar as the thinking person's Final Fantasy.
I LOVE that! :lol:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alunissage wrote:Apropos of nothing, I wonder if Akari Funato is still involved with Lunar at all.
She seems to be pretty busy with her Victorian era period comic these days. I think she'd want to be involved if possible though. Fingers crossed for a comic strip or something. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Under the Rose? I know the title, but nothing else. I've always been curious about it, given the depth of the Vheen manga, but I know my limits with regards to languages I can't read. :P

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I just remembered that Funato has a blog, so no need to idly wonder if she's up to anything after all.

Her current publisher (Gentosha) is re-printing Vane Airship Stories for the occasion! It's due out next week. Something about a new cover design for it, too... (This is great news for me, I was just lamenting how shabby my copy is looking.) She's also going to compile all her old Lunar-related doujinshi in one volume and put them up for sale around the game's release date. Two things for Alun's shopping list. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

And here I *just* got my hands on the only Funato Lunar poster I know of, with the cover art of the Vheen manga. I wonder if there's any chance that some of the images from the first magazine version (tankoubon? or is that the other one?) might show up in one of those -- they're discussed in the article Rebecca Capowski translated which was originally on Funato's site, but it had been taken down and she (Rebecca) had lost the images which went with it.

So yes indeed, items for my shopping list. I wonder how to get them, though. I'll have to poke around Funato's site a bit when I get home; I remember it directing me to the electronic versions of Paper Moon and other stuff of hers.

Thanks for the update! This is indeed great news.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Sheesh, and I couldn't even get those bastards at Working Designs to send me the posters I paid for after cutting out those f'n order forms released with the Remake Strategy Guides.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

How strange I sent in mine and I got them years after the coupons expired (Before Working Designs closed). They even sent me a nice message saying thanks. I had them all in my car one day, and I let my sister borrow my car...she crashed and they disappeared. (my sister is fine btw)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well consider yourself lucky that you ever even received them, but odd that they just disappeared after your sister's accident. Maybe they flew out an open window?

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

yeah...probably the car rolled a few times.