What would be a great English dub cast?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Dark Sploosh
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What would be a great English dub cast?

Post by Dark Sploosh »

Obviously with the amount of time that has passed since SSSC, getting the entire original cast back is likely impossible, especially since I think most of them don't do voicework anymore. There will probably be a ton of replacements, so I was wondering if anyone had thought about who a good cast for the English dub would be. I came up with my own to share and get the discussion going.

Alex- Johnny Yong Bosch (yeah, I know he's in everything. But he's good and it would work).
Luna- Michelle Ruff
Nall- Julie Ann Taylor
Mia- Karen Strassman
Nash- Quinton Flynn
Jessica- Kari Wahlgren
Kyle- Kyle Hebert
Ghaleon- Liam O'Brien
Xenobia- Megan Hollingshead
Royce- Kate Higgins
Phacia- Stephenie Sheh
Mel- Steve Blum
Lemia- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Laike- Michael McConnohie
Quark- Jamieson Price

I know I left some characters out, but my brain is kind of fried at the moment.
"The most powerful weapon on Earth is the human soul on fire." - Marshal Ferdinand Foch

Raikage
Meryod Yokel

Re: What would be a great English dub cast?

Post by Raikage »

Strangely enough, I can see most of those voices working......except for Liam O'Brien as Ghaleon. I personally think Chuck Huber would be good as Ghaleon, his voice is similar to John Truitt's and I could see it working. Too bad I don't see it happening.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I will kill you right now. Johnny Yong Bosch is way overused, and was better as a Power Ranger.

Dark Sploosh
Saith Pirate

Post by Dark Sploosh »

Yeah, Ghaleon was the hardest one for me, O'Brien was really all I could think of at the time, although I still wouldn't say he couldn't do it. Haven't heard of this Chuck guy, I'll have to check him out.

And while Johnny is definitely overused, I don't think he was better as a Power Ranger. He gets cast in everything, but he's definitely had a few roles that he really owned, like Vash the Stampede and Lelouch Lamperouge (Your mileage may vary on that one, but I thought it was killer). Still, I can understand if someone thinks he wouldn't be good as Alex. Care to offer your own suggestion?
"The most powerful weapon on Earth is the human soul on fire." - Marshal Ferdinand Foch

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I still say Kirk Thornton for Ghaleon, but Liam O' Brian or Chuck Huber would be fine too. Actually, I didn't even think of Chuck Huber. He would be a better choice over Kirk. ^_^

Alex is hard, but I wouldn't say Johnny Young Bosch. Everyone else looks perfect.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I know the perfect voice for Alex! Ashley Angel!...... Oh wait.

Alex is a hard choice, and I'd prefer someone who's balls have dropped. Taylor Lautner(sp?) from Twilight, just because he's sexy and sounds like a mo. Perfect for Alex. :P

As for Ghaleon, there is a VA that has apparently done a lot of work but I only know him as the voice of Yamaki in Digimon: Season 3 Digimon Tamers. He would be a nice take on Ghaleon and could certainly give him the expression he needs.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I will kill you right now. Johnny Yong Bosch is way overused, and was better as a Power Ranger.
Heheheh.

Also, unrelated, and not necessarily a bad thing, but I hereby give you a trophy as thread-ender.
Attachments
woah.png
woah.png (55.22 KiB) Viewed 21100 times
aka Maou

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I feel like I just got a bunch of successive cherries on the Lunar-Net slot machine. I couldn't have been the only person on the whole page, and was it the Lunar:Silver Star Harmony page only?

I have been pretty active on the site lately, but for a while I had been M.I.A. or my visits were very sporadic.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

On a side note, I feel like I should reply to every single post on this page to really freak people out.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I guess I might be in the minority here and, since I don't really follow anime a lot, I really don't care who they get to do the voices. As long as they do a good/great job at it, then it's all good to me :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

liquidpolicenaut wrote:I guess I might be in the minority here
I can hardly participate in this one either, but whatever happens with the voice acting rest assured I'll be ready to criticize it. :P
「まあいいけど。」

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Eh, I'd have to disagree on Johnny Yong Bosch for the role of Alex, though not because he's overused. I happen to love Johnny Yong Bosch; he's overused cause he's effin' good. But, I think his voice is a touch too pushy for Alex' roll as the naive youth., Greg Ayres may be more suited for Lex'.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

One thing is for sure, if the casting sucks there will certainly be an uproar. After the years of suffering with no (decent) Lunar we get yet another remake, so at the very least it should be handled with care.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Why am I expecting Bosch to appear as Nash?

On a side note, if they put David Gallagher in as Alex and Hayden Panettiere (Or Carrie Savage) as Luna, i'm good.

Also, Nall would seem right if this person is voicing him: Brianne Chierighino Siddall.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Bosch as Nash? I don't think the voice would fit. Nash needs someone with a pretty boy voice.

As for Nall, there are different cutesy voices people can do but I don't know if they plan to stick with the vocal distortion of previous games. I certainly thought he sounded way too feminine.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Oh man, don't even get me STARTED on this topic. *Voice actor NERD.* :P
I need to get to bed right now, but I may add my two cents later.
However, I will say that...
Omega wrote:Also, Nall would seem right if this person is voicing him: Brianne Chierighino Siddall.
THIS was the best suggestion of the bunch so far. Bree is my favorite female voice actress. I'd be tickled pink if she were to voice Nall. She could voice for Nall as a baby dragon AND in his human form. She would be fantastic. <3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Why does it have to be a female voice anyway? Expand your horizons mister!

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Why does it have to be a female voice anyway? Expand your horizons mister!
Expand your horizons, ma'am. ;)
Nall doesn't HAVE to be voiced by a girl, but I really admire Brianne's work. She voices for adolescent male characters most of the time anyway, so it's almost like getting a guy to do Nall. One of her more popular roles was Tsukasa from .Hack//SIGN. :D
She can pull off the little creature voice. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gRh7NXjc7o) And she can act for teenage boys as well. I don't have time to dig around on YouTube for an decent clip right now, but this will have to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7WRY-6a-7A
Skip ahead to 3:10, she is the boy with the blue hair. There's a little more at 3:35 as well. A very short, small example, but I know she could do it. :)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Every (Lunar 1) Nall voice thus far has been provided by a woman; to cast another woman to the role seems appropriate rather than uncreative. (Rei Sakuma, Jackie Powers, Junko Hagimori, Seong-hye Yoon) Also, as a veteran of boy roles, the actress being suggested seems a lot more appropriate for Nall than WD's casting.
「まあいいけど。」