Microsite is live!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Microsite is live!

Post by GhaleonOne »

No, not XSEEDs. It's actually my microsite I've been working on for the game. As the news update says, I'm not that happy with the design. I don't have PSDs of the artwork like I did in the past, so I couldn't just pull a high-res backdrop for it. So unfortunately the background image is a bit choppy and pixelated. I also just didn't have the amount of time to really put something amazing together. Still, it's up, so enjoy.

http://www.lunar-net.com/ssh/microsite

Oh, and tell me if you find any problems with it.
-G1

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Microsite is live!

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Wow! I happen to think the site looks damn nice! Man, thats the kind of website I want to create...but I really need to beef up my website creation skills.
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

That is classy. Shame XSeed won't let you make the official one like Ubisoft did.

One mistake I noticed: Royce & Phacia's bios have Ghaleon's text.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I knew I should have looked over the characters bio's better. I wrote those in a hurry and used Ghaleon's as placeholders. I'll try and get that later today.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Shiny!

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

The text gets cut on character bios for me. Its the same on Chrome, Firefox and IE.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Damn, great job G1! The only thing that is a little bothersome is the picture shifting. I can't help but feel a filmstrip style for the images may have looked better, and reminiscent of WD's packaging for the original remakes. In some panels it works, and others it's just a little congested looking. I understand what you were going for, and XSEED should take a good look at what you've done here. We, after all, are the epitome of Lunar fandom.

I think the main splash page looks fantastic, and if the characters scrolled a little more fluidly it would be perfect.

As creator of "Poll of the Souls," which I released on Christmas Day so many years ago... I would like to thank you and everyone else involved with this site, and all things dedicated to one of our most cherished series that doesn't get the recognition it truly deserves. To all things Lunar, Ghaleon One you are a shining soul.

"Ahhhhh, you are indeed the brave one. You have proven the purity in your heart."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I might try and touch up the character scrolling effect a little at some point. After it gets done loading each of them, it kinda jumps at first, based on where the mouse is.

As for XSEED, I'm sure they have something planned, and likely use an outside agency to design a lot of their microsites (see the Wizard of Oz website for an example). They have the luxury of having PSDs of everything too, so I imagine mine won't compare to their microsite in the end, but I did the best with what I had. That's not me complaining at all though, as I don't really have the time to put anything better together right now. I have two massive websites I have to have launched for other projects by January 22nd (I'll post them here when the time comes, as one of them will have relevance to LunarNET in a small way). If there's a EB remake or true Lunar 3, you can rest assured, I'll be putting together something massive for it, given time.

Anyways, Sonix, let me know if the character description text still cuts off. I built a small "fix" in that I hope might take care of it (you may have to clear your cache first). Also, text for Phacia, Xenobia and Royce have been added.

Oh, and SP, I don't know if I ever told you, but the year after you did the original Poll of the Souls, I took that tradition to Althena's Court Online, which I'm sure you've heard of, but if not, it was a collection of Lunar fans on AOL way back in the day. Many of the posters here (Kiz, Jenner, Sonic, etc.) are remnants of that. We kept that tradition going for quite a few years. Haven't done it the past two years, but maybe next year we should do it for the entire boards here.
-G1

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I just checked it out and the site looks pretty good to me! I would like to add that Xenobia, Phacia, and Royce still have Ghaleon's bio.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

May need to refresh your cache then. The XML has been updated. In fact, just go re-load this page and it'll probably fix it:

http://www.lunar-net.com/ssh/microsite/xml/lunarssh.xml
-G1

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Yea, it works great now.
Good job.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Wow G1 I’m impressed. It's nice, clean and uncluttered everything that I think makes a site great. BTW I really liked the character collage w/ the character bio’s it brings out all the characters emotions. Good stuff!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I heard of Althena's Court Online, but since I was never an AOL'er it wasn't on my radar. I don't know enough about the new posters here and there really only seems to be a smaller percentage of active posters on L-Net currently. The original poll was a lot of work as I had people email me about what they would like to say for each person, and then compile the comments to make a post about each individual person. I had spent the majority of Christmas Eve night into Christmas day getting it all done.

Of course the Lunar community was far more active back then, and hopefully we can see an influx of new fans. On a side note, your projects are due on my 30th birthday (Jan 22nd). :mrgreen:

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Nope, they still have Ghaleon's bio and the second link you posted doesn't work. I'm getting a pink screen "xml parsing error" that says "not well-formed."
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

neovane911
Reza Thief

Post by neovane911 »

wow.. the layout and detail are awesome! Really excited about this release.. yeah, second link isn't working for me either =[

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

GhaleonOne wrote:Althena's Court Online, which I'm sure you've heard of, but if not, it was a collection of Lunar fans on AOL way back in the day.
Re: the microsite: "It roaks!"
aka Maou