Website is up and its contents.

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Siazair
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Website is up and its contents.

Post by Siazair »

IGN has the Lunar at the Springs Video up in English...They redubbed everything, even the lalalas

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think Kyle's voice clip is taken from a booze induced scene. Nall sounds fine but very different, and they've taken his overly cutesy (girl VA) side away to give him some actual balls. I think this falls more in line with his transition to you know who, in you know what. He is male after all, and the original Nall is too close to sounding like Ruby.

I'm curious to see if the NA demo will give you the bonus weapon in the actual game when it's released, like the Japanese demo did.

One thing is for sure, as far as a remake goes this feels like something new all around given the change.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I just watched the Burg Springs video, and while it's not as cute and charming as the original Luna it still holds promise. I think they're going for a more spirited Luna in this game translation, and one that isn't a pushover.

Here is a link to both videos currently on IGN.

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/143/14349376/vids_1.html

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Just finished up the demo, it lets you to save the completion data, and Nall insists you do so too by saying "you'll see..."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's probably the same bonus weapon that you got by saving the Japanese demo, and then buying the full game. I think it's a Fire Sling or something like that.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Finished the demo as well and I really enjoyed it. I think this is what I wanted SSSC to originally be. Also got a chance to hear Quark. He's ok but he's no Hal Delahousse :) Maybe it's also that I am just so used to the same voice actors for over 17 years that it is hard and unnatural sounding at first. I'll probably get used to them as they aren't THAT bad to my ears....except Nall. While it's good he isn't as girlie as in the previous versions, he still sounds odd to me...
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, that opening song is nice! They did an excellent job on it. I so wish I would have had all the artwork and assets that they have when I did the microsite for LunarNET, but man, I doubt I could have put anything together as nice as they did. That official site is quality! Even looking at their other official sites for other games, LUNAR's is by far the best of the bunch. I'm not just saying that because it's LUNAR. They could win an FWA award with this.

Oh, I put up 3 updates with everything that's happened in the past 6-7 hours. Most of it is rehashing all that's already been said here, but I did put up an image of Burg's map that might interest some people.

Edit - actually, there was one more thing not mentioned here on the boards yet that I posted in an update. Pre-sales are looking good. It wasn't first on Amazon for nothing. Not sure what Japan sales ended up at, but North American sales will be pretty good, especially now that XSEED looks like they're promoting the game heavy. Everyone complained about lack of PR for it, but with the game still a month or two out, I imagine this is when the firestorm of media will hit. If anyone see's any magazine ads for the game, let me know. I'd like to get them scanned and on the site.
-G1

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

I agree, they really, really did a nice job on the site.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Hopefully with the Thursday PSN update, people will take notice of the PSP demo and check it out. It's a shame they didn't add it to the "What's New" section on the XMB screen for more exposure.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Oh my god, that website is amazing. The new recording for the opening song is excellent, and the new lyrics are even better than the original! And the piano songs that play afterwards are totally fun.

I'm downloading the demo right now. I'll share my impressions when I'm done. Keep in mind that I didn't bother with the Japanese version at all including its demo, so this is going to be a bona fide first impresson of SSH.

This is so exciting!

Edit: Okay, I'm done with it now.

The good: Battles move at a nice brisk pace, I love the streamlined menus (especially the shop menu), and the music sounds much improved from SSSC. Also, it all looks very pretty. Legend still holds the title for best-looking character models in a Lunar game in my mind, but this is a definite second place, and all the other visual aspects of the game look better than any other Lunar game.

The bad: Hoo boy, that voice acting. Well, maybe I wouldn't say it's bad per se, but it's definitely not on par with what WD did. Also, the dialogue (in cutscenes and with NPC dialogue) in general is decent, but a lot more stilted than WD's. And Nall and Quark sounding like normal people is totally wonky when you're used to the other versions' pitch-shifted voices for those characters.

The random: There sure seem to be a lot of treasure chests scattered all over town, aren't there? And what's with Alex's dad's name being named Ohro?
Last edited by ilovemyguitar on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I think I just went deaf. Could they have gotten worse voice actors?!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Aaron wrote:I think I just went deaf. Could they have gotten worse voice actors?!
It really could have been much, much worse. Ever played Grandia 1 US?

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Well, because of my slow connection, the website FINALLY loaded. Holy...Dang. The song is beautiful. XSeed did an excellent job on the opening song!

Yuri Lowenthal sounds good as Alex (I'm almost 100% sure it's him) and fits him well. I'm glad it wasn't Johnny Young Bosch. I think Johnny Young Bosch would sound good as Hiro if Lunar 2 is ever remade, though.

Luna sounds...weird. I don't particularly care for the voice for her. Nall sounds really annoying. Ramus sounds fine. Nash sounds...um...bad. At least they got his arrogance I suppose. Mia sounds perfect (I swear I've heard her VA before). Jessica sounds perfect. Kyle sounds perfect. Mel sounds awesome. Lemia's okay. Ghaleon....I had to listen to a few times. In all honesty, pushing his old voice out of my head and listening to the new voice open-minded, it actually fits.

In summary of the voices, all of them are quite good minus Luna, Nash, and Nall in my opinion. Yes, it's not what we're used to, but they sound good none-the-less.

If all goes well (and with my internet it won't), I'll download the latest PSP firmware and get rid of my custom firmware today so I can download the demo. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to have to wait for someone to decrypt the demo (or wait until Wednesday) since I won't have access to internet compatible with my PSP again until Wednesday. >_>

If that doesn't happen, I'm going to have to wait for someone to decrypt the demo (or wait until Wednesday) since I won't have access to internet compatible with my PSP again until Wednesday. >_>

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Well, I'm still buying the game, but the volume will be turned down. >>
-Nobi

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Wow, missed something important last night. Catching up on the website...

Audio - What a wonderful job they did on the song... I guess really do exceed. :mrgreen: Casting choices seem to be based on the Japanese version, what with the perky voices for Luna and Nall and the higher voice on Lemia. Mia is win. Mel is epic. The Ghaleon voice sounds like the result of a lot of consideration.

Continuity - Caldor => Honmel, Brett => Clyde, Jessica de Alkirk => Jessica Alkirk, girl who thinks she Jessica's sister => crossdressing boy in love with Jessica.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:Continuity - Caldor => Honmel, Brett => Clyde, Jessica de Alkirk => Jessica Alkirk, girl who thinks she Jessica's sister => crossdressing boy in love with Jessica.
Yeah I noticed some of the changed translations there. Although that last bit I never saw--isn't she not until the Shrine to Althena? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

There's a mention on the website of crossdressers at the Althena Shrine, and I infer that to mean the girl that gives you the Jessica bromide. In Japanese this NPC keeps carrying on about her 'oneesama' Jessica so it seems WD confused the Japanese sapphic schoolgirl trope for the NPC being delusional.
「まあいいけど。」

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I actually like all the voices so far, at least in terms of intonation. Obviously, we need to hear a bit more to judge them, but I think people are being a bit overly negative about them. Sure, they're not what you're used to, but that doesn't make the acting bad, nor can you sit there and listen to a couple of seconds out of an entire performance and proclaim them the worst voice actors you've ever heard. In fact, from those I can pick out, they seem to be some of the preeminent talents in their field at this time. All in all, this update is shaping up very, very nicely for North America.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Well since there are new voice actors does that mean it's safe to say there is new content? Or going to be new content?

(besides the prologue)

Erasculio
Reza Thief

Post by Erasculio »

I liked the site and the new song. Most voices are fine, IMO; Nall's voice feels a bit off, I really like Jessica's, and the rest feels ok. Luna's voice doesn't bother me.