RPGamer SSH Impressions

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

RPGamer SSH Impressions

Post by whitedragon_nall »

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/lunar/luna ... ssimp.html

Nothing really new here, but he seems to be enjoying it.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: RPGamer SSH Impressions

Post by Shiva Indis »

Seems like a pretty good place to mention that preorders are at 21k as of last week. Cheers!
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Let's get that number doubled and tripled.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I know absolutely nothing when it comes to sales figures...is that good for a PSP remake?

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Kind of.

In this case it's notable because that's nearly twice as much as it sold in Japan on it's first week.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Take into account that the game has only recently been announced by XSEED, and the trailer isn't even up for it yet. Once the trailer appears on Amazon it may help to push those numbers. Unfortunately social networking only has limited appeal as most people won't know where to look unless they are actually searching for information.

I also believe XSEED post-poned the street date to produce more copies of the limited edition. Call it a hunch.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Here I go again... last week's preorder numbers are up! To recap the game's history on this list:

01/09 - 29 - Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - PSP - 3 - 2,537 - 15,336
01/16 - 29 - Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - PSP - 6 - 2,959 - 18,085
01/23 - 25 - Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - PSP - 6 - 3,759 - 21,844
01/30 - 22 - Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - PSP - 5 - 3,723 - 25,567

March ever onward, SSH!
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Shiva, are you using VGChartz? I commented to XSEED about the pre-order figures and they said not to believe them as accurate even though they'd like them to be high.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I'm just hoping that a significant number of people who didn't pre-order will buy the game when it's released.
Last edited by Old_School on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

We're all hoping that. Hopefully they get a really good trailer up, and Jess from XSEED put it together herself. It seems like this game may be a slow burner with the largest sales from the initial pre-orders and then casual purchases.

With pretty much minimal advertising it's hard to get the game on most people's radar outside of word of mouth. Only fans seem to be aware of the game, and even then some don't even know.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Silver Phoenix wrote: With pretty much minimal advertising it's hard to get the game on most people's radar outside of word of mouth. Only fans seem to be aware of the game, and even then some don't even know.
And even some of the fans say they're not getting it because it's not exactly like SSSC. I sometimes post at gamespot under the name of "bubble_man," so I've seen how negatively some of the people over there view it.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's like that a lot of places, and frankly if people want to act like a whiny child over a different publisher then good riddance. They'll buy the game anyway even if they say they won't. People need to get over the fact that Working Designs doesn't exist, and Victor Ireland doesn't control the series.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Shiva, are you using VGChartz? I commented to XSEED about the pre-order figures and they said not to believe them as accurate even though they'd like them to be high.
Yes, they're from VGCharts, since this sort of thing doesn't seem to come from anywhere else. And I didn't figure I needed to mention that their numbers weren't spot-on. It's VGChartz.

On another note... I don't read magazines like I used to, but I did notice that Xseed runs print ads in Play Magazine. I'm going to try to keep my eye on that.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I don't even know if they'll have money for banner advertising, or print ads at this point. To even put ads in now with the game so close to release it seems a little too late. Yeah, it will get some notice but you want to build anticipation. This undoubtedly has to do with a lack of a street date.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I don't think UbiSoft ever put print ads out until close to the release of Legend or Dragon Song. I don't remember far enough back with WDs print runs. There's plenty of time to do print ads though. It's not like it'll hurt the game to have print ads out while the game is already released. If they started showing up magazines this month, I'd say that perfectly good timing.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Working Designs released ads a few months in advance, but it may also seem that way because the games were usually delayed. I remember releases appearing after the street date announced on the ads.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Working Designs released ads a few months in advance, but it may also seem that way because the games were usually delayed. I remember releases appearing after the street date announced on the ads.
Yeah, I remember all of the WD ads for their games. I'd see the ad for Lunar:EB and it first said like April, then another add said , vaguely, summer..*sigh* ah yes, WD and their delays..remembered forever via their ads :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Remember the text at the end of the EBC demo? It was something like

Coming November 2000 [or some earlier month]
(Oh thanks, now you've jinxed it)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Hahaha. I never actually played the EBC demo because it came with a game I had no interest in. Was it Alundra 2? Their street date should have just said "Coming....whenever."

The funny thing is, EBC came out a lot sooner than SSSC had. I think it took EBC 9 months (WD gave birth) and SSSC took over a year thanks to Vic holding a grudge and screwing over Saturn fans.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Hahaha. I never actually played the EBC demo because it came with a game I had no interest in. Was it Alundra 2? Their street date should have just said "Coming....whenever."
Alundra 2 was published by WD, so I don't think that was it. Maybe Vanguard Bandits, but I'm not sure.