Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Official Trailer

Post by SilentApprovalRobot »

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Official Trailer

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Good to see it got approved. The lack of full screen is a bit disappointing for the video. I think the lack of narration is to let the game speak for itself, whereas the Japanese version had an announcer. I think there is going to be a second trailer just like the Japanese version had.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Next comes the onslaught of the fans on this forum moaning about how the trailer sucks...whether it does not not...
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

People should keep in mind that XSEED doesn't have the tools for a high production value trailer without outsourcing it, and that costs more money. I would have added some battle segments and area exploring but perhaps that will come in a second trailer. XSEED is trying to refrain from showing spoiler footage for newcomers to the series.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

It does suck. And a teen with iMovie could have made a better trailer using JPEGs from the US version that are floating around.

I don't understand why its not on Gametrailers.com yet.

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Well this is to all the people that say it sucks.

MAKE A BETTER ONE YOURSELF THEN OR SHUT THE **** UP.

Seriously if your going to b**** about Lunar SSH at least back it up. If your going to complain about how bad something is DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Either shut the h*** up and do nothing, or at least do something about it if you can't. I'm sure there's quite a few people on here that could have done the trailer for xseed for free here too.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

TerraBemani wrote:Well this is to all the people that say it sucks.

Seriously if your going to b**** about Lunar SSH at least back it up. If your going to complain about how bad something is DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Either shut the h*** up and do nothing, or at least do something about it if you can't. I'm sure there's quite a few people on here that could have done the trailer for xseed for free here too.

I hardly think anyone that says that the trailer "sucks" is saying anything bad about Lunar SHH. Obviously we all love Lunar that is why we are here. We all have very strong feelings about the game and want it to do it's best. So we are going to express our opinions good and bad. Personally I thought the trailer was kind of cheesy and targeted the old fans. I think the game deserves a better trailer, but I am glad that there is even a trailer to watch.

I think it was odd that XSEED chose to highlight the enhanced graphics in the trailer because we all know that nobody plays Lunar for the graphics. Anyway I'm going to throw out my two cents which I'm sure nobody cares to hear.

1) I am sick of people who want to hear nothing but the positive and expect people to praise and worship (okay I’m exaggerating) XSEED for bringing us another version of Lunar. I will not kiss their feet, but I will give them credit where credit is due in my eyes. <3 the website it is beautiful! It still needs the trailer uploaded to it though, and outtakes plz. =)

2) I am also sick and tired of hearing people vomit on the game, we should all give it a chance. TerraBemani I assume you are also sick of this, by your response to Aaron.

In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Okay now I am going to sleep, sleep deprivation and posting is probably not the best idea. :oops:

sux2bme
Nanza Bandit

Post by sux2bme »

TerraBemani wrote:Well this is to all the people that say it sucks.

hate to break it to you, but even as a fan of lunar, the trailer is underwhelming to say the least, but that's probably because as AgPhoenix said, lack of fullscreen resolution, it's just too small for the naked eye...LOL

it's not an insult to the game but just to be honest, disappointed in the trailer, cause someone in here could probably might have done a better job...

its doubtful the trailer could sway buyers if they see the trailer, it needs to be upscaled for future lunar fans get an effect of the wonder called LUNAR SSH...that's just my piece...

anyway let's all get along...hehe

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

The demo, as meh as it is, has made me more excited for the game. The sprites are finally growing on me and the more I think about this as "another reimagining of Lunar TSS" rather than "a port of SSSC", the more I like the game.

The exotic sound for rework of the opening is interesting..

As far as doing something about it, I have been dying to make Lunar 3 in RPG Maker for years, I just don't have the skills or the rips of sprites/music/sfx to do it. ;( But then, whoever does Lunar now might get a hint... but then, that didn't work for SquarEnix. I didn't even get to see that 3-D C.Trigger... port it to DS all you want with a little extra footage, I want my Chrono Brake.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It is odd that they would put their own trailer on Gamespot before the official page.

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Apparently that's how it works nowdays.

Square Enix does it too, in Japan at least. Screenshots will be given to Famitsu to be published first, and then will appear on the product's official page.