Now available on Android

For discussion of the iOS platform version of Lunar.
DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Now available on Android

Post by DevNall »

jos24
Student of Vane

Re: Now available on Android

Post by jos24 »

Game arts account launch announcement on twitter today
Althena Bless u

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Now available on Android

Post by jay_are »

Man... I am happy to see Lunar still lives, but I am a lot more confused than happy about this.

Does anyone really play games on Android these days? Especially paid versions of old games? :lol: I dont see FF Pixel Remaster doing so hot there despite its success on console / PC.
In 2012 it made a lot more sense to me; the 3DS and Vita were struggling to make sales, AND a lot of ports were coming out on cell phones to a decent amount of feedback, including FF1-2-3. But that era is long gone. Once we got the Nintendo Switch, there was no more need for smartphone games anymore. So um... what is this doing here? This is late by over a decade. It's not gonna make enough sales. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful, I bought it as soon as I saw it, but why are strange decisions always made for Lunar, and not Grandia for example? That series is already on consoles / PC... We want Lunar where people want to buy it. We absolutely do not want GungHo / GameArts looking at this Android port 5 years later and deciding that Lunar isn't worth it just because it will make less than 10k sales. Are they not interested in growing this series so that it can make money and justify actually making more later on? Corporations are supposed to act in their best interests, AKA profits, not willingly releasing things they know will do poorly.

Also, while I appreciate the little updates they gave this game over time (including 60fps thank goodness), this still feels kinda undercooked. (I didn't even see NPCs walking when I tested it last night, oh it comes with an option to disable NPC movement :shock: but the font choices are strange). For a $12 mobile port, it's fine, but I hope they don't just copy paste this to consoles, which happens with some mobile games...
I noticed the character faces at the beginning of the White Dragon Cave when they melt the ice, Luna's face stays there while other characters talk.

I want to see Lunar 1 and 2 on consoles with these problems fixed.