Horrid Ebay user...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Horrid Ebay user...

Post by GhaleonOne »

This is something that really irks me. A few people know of my situation with an Ebay user by the name of videogameya. He's a hot seller on Ebay, with an extremely impressive positive feedback, while is why it makes even less sense at first.

Anyways, I bought three Lunar books from him on February 15th. After paying for the items and combined shipping, sending him two messages (one through PayPal and one by Email) telling him if more is needed for shipping to just let me know. No response, so I assume it's cool. A week and a half after the money went through PayPal, I begin to worry a bit, so I send him another Email. No response. Two+ weeks have gone by, I sent him another message, this time through Ebay. Nothing. Finally, 25 days after the end of the auction, I send two Emails. One from my normal account, and one from another account, just to make sure it's not a spam problem. Nothing from either one. Finally on the 10th of March, almost a month after the end of the auction, I send a PayPal buyers complaint. The guy refused to even answer them, and after looking through his feedback, almost all of his negative feedback was based on poor communication and no-send of the item. However, when you give him negative feedback, he replies with negative feedback to you with something nasty like:

"Buyer of illegal counterfeit items from a criminal. Violated description terms."
"Paid insufficient shipping & prefers f/b terrorism to paying correct shipping."
"A dishonest buyer of illegal counterfeit trash. Violated my description terms."

What I want to know... where does he get off claiming someone buys "counterfiet" items when they buy FROM HIM? And if they bought it in another auction, that has nothing to do with his auction, and he has absolutely no right to hold out on someone buying his merchandise.

The best response is this:

User leaves a neutral response:

"No communication at all, item arrive safely b/c sent by EMS."

This -Albino Baboon- gives her a negative feedback of:

"Obnoxious. Will not deal with again."

She responds to her own negative feedback with:

"Revenge b/c I left him a neutral feedback Myself did nothing wrong~"

In fact, take a look at the feedback he leaves others. He leaves a few good ones (very small compared to how many are left for him), but probably a fourth are negative, and all have problems with his communication:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 331&de=off

What I'm starting to realize from reading his negative feedback and even some of his positive (many positive's claimed he was a horrid communicator) is that while he's generally pretty good, when he screws up, he refuses to take the blame, and just levels you with horrid negative feedback. In fact, I'd be willing to be many of the people he screws over are like me. Scared to give him negative feedback, because he'll blast back with his -Dung Beetle- lines and screw my small but good feedback over. Oh, and I also find it ridiculous that the guy has no problem accepting good feedback, but refuses to return the favor and give positive feedback back to the buyer. However, the few times he will give feedback is when anyone messes with his. And when I bought three seperate items, I have no desire to have my measily 100% positive feedback on 15 auctions turn way down on a 15/18 positive feedback.

Either way, he's refused response with PayPal over my claims, and I'll be getting my money back tonight.

All I can say is:

DON'T BUY FROM VIDEOGAMEYA. While 9 times out of 10, you'll probably be okay, that 1 other time, you'll get screwed over and have to go through the process of buyers claim from PayPal to even get your money back. I'll certainly read through a users negative feedback even if he's got overwhelming positive feedback in the future. This guy is a complete -Albino Baboon-.
-G1

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

Thanks for the heads up. I definately won't be buying anything from videogameya. That was pretty shady on his part. Although having a business on ebay can be quite hectic, it's still no excuse for the poor communication and negative feedback.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Wow, that guy's a horrible person. Why would you try to ruin someone's feedback like that? If I had an ebay business and he pulled that on me, I'd scream libel. I'd probably do that even without an ebay business. Also, notice that he makes a point of saying when someone is from another country. For example things like, "Another French criminal." I think that's what annoys me the most about him.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm sorry to hear about all this. :( I had no trouble dealing with him aside from a lack of communication.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Yeah, I've bought from him before. I even think it might have been lunar stuff, but I'm not sure. Or soundtracks. I haven't been burned by him in particular but if you run across someone by the name of Sphiatt DON'T buy from him. He's got a TON of positive feedback, but I got screwed in the end he said -I- was the one with "Poor Communication. Hard to please, beware!" A load of crap. I had basically the same problem you did, however, he didn't send my items because they were "backordered". Yeah, isn't that fraud? I even reported him to the IFC but nothing ever came of it. I finally received my DVDs after months... and now I don't have that perfect 100%, but I'm still glad I reported him. I felt it was worth it. I mean, if someone doesn't speak up then he'll just keep getting away with it. But, on the otherhand, I can see where you're coming from as well Ghal. It's a tough decision.

Hope everything does work out and you have better luck in the future.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, he's a regular Ebay user. DragonmsaterDan also ordered from him and had no problems. I think it's just a matter of him making a mistake here and there and no willing to admit it. I won't be dropping him feedback though, because I bought three items, and if I leave bad feedback, he'll destroy my rating. With a 15/15, if I were to get three bad feedback's, that would knock my rating down to 83-84%.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Now I'm one of the fortunate that have never had a major problem buying from ebay. But after reading videogameya's feedback I have a question. What's wrong with having private feedback? Other then the fact that if you do people like videogameya are going to call you a malicious fraudulant criminal. :wink:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Nothing, other than the possibility that they're hiding lots of negatives.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Now, I haven't used Ebay in over a year, so my memory tends to distort things. However, at one time, didn't there used to be a feature that you could report someone for leaving fraudulent negative feedback?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Probably, but when you consider people like this have such good feedback already, it's probably not going to get you anywhere.

BTW, I notice he already relisted the stuff I bought from him, well before our matter was settled. Real nice.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, isn't there also a feature that you could have put in for for Ebay to investigate it? Getting money back is one thing, getting a company's lawyers on a jackassed person for alleged fraud would certainly clean up his act real quick. I'm pretty sure you could have filed a complaint with Ebay itself. (Unless you did and I just missed that part when reading :P)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I did with PayPal, which is owned by Ebay. In fact, I tried to file a complaint with Ebay, and they forwarded me to PayPal.
-G1

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

WTF...

The guy just now responded to me, with 1 hour left on the PayPal auction problem, saying I need to pay another 6 dollars for shipping...

That's ridiculous.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

That's also hilarious. Just shows how irresponsible this guy is with his mistakes. He just pretends like they never happen.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm just going to pay it and get my stuff. I'm still wary and will reopen the complaint if I don't get the items promptly. He sent me a message through Ebay like "You didn't pay sufficient EMS shipping prices for the three items. Please send another 6 dollars". Why couldn't he have said this... 5 weeks ago? Or better yet, presented me with an invoice, so this would have been avoided.
-G1

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm just going to pay it and get my stuff. I'm still wary and will reopen the complaint if I don't get the items promptly. He sent me a message through Ebay like "You didn't pay sufficient EMS shipping prices for the three items. Please send another 6 dollars". Why couldn't he have said this... 5 weeks ago? Or better yet, presented me with an invoice, so this would have been avoided.

It's possible he didn't have the item(s) due to an error on his side. Since you already paid the man, it wasn't on his 'to-do' list of informing the buyer of his mistake(s). And of course, while you were waiting for a month, he finally got a hold of the item(s) that were missing. And while he's at it, he'll go ahead and milk his customers as much as possible with the pitiful, insufficient shipping costs excuse.

What a scumbag. Or...maybe he's paying for his daughter's bladder transplant by building an e-business and taking advantage of people here and there, just so his daughter can go to the can like regular folks. The man should be awarded a medal, for the honorable sacrifice of his morals. Let's give the guy a round of a applause. 'Unless you want stumps for hands,' courtesy of Jessica De Alkirk of Lunar fame.

G1, I feel your pain. :x

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

I had intended to create a robot army to take over the world. Now I intend to use it for... different purposes.

Lying is bad.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You know, just because he goes overboard when saying negative things doesn't mean you all have to sink to his level.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

To be honest, I think he's just a horrible communicator. If there's no snags in shipping/payments/things of that nature, he seems to be pretty good based on feedback. He's just horrible when it comes to communication. If I get the product, I'll be happy.
-G1

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

He delivered. I got the books (mint condition as well), so I figured I should do the guy justice in that he does deliver. Just bad in the communication department. In fact, once the shipping issue was taken care of, he shipped the stuff quite quickly. I just wish he had gotten around to informing me sooner about the shipping and this could have been dealt with a month ago.

Ah well, I got the products.
-G1