... and God hates retarded fundlementalists

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

... and God hates retarded fundlementalists

Post by phyco126 »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21566280/

Sorry, but you know, if I was that father of the soldier, I probably would have killed me a few zeolots.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Yeah, I was just reading an article about this incident. I'm all for the right to free speech and everything, but behavior like that is ridiculous. I'm glad they were made to pay through the nose.

And besides, even if these guys want to push this crazy agenda that the war is punishment for tolerating homosexuality (which, as much as I hate it, they have the right to do), this is both a horrendous way to do it and not even all that likely to have any sort of an impact other than showing the world what lunatics they all are.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Wow.

Someone FINALLY took action against that horrible family?

It's about time.

Sorry, but it is hard for me not to hate a Church with every part of my being - as a gay man - when their entire doctrine centers around the fact that all of the evil in world comes from "f*gs and f*g enablers" and that our men and women in Iraq are burning in hell for fighting for a country that doesn't hate "f*gs like God does".

Bleh. If a few more of the HUNDREDS of families they have done this to take them to court, maybe that mess of a family will go bankrupt and we'll hear the last from them.
- Mike

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

NallOne wrote:Bleh. If a few more of the HUNDREDS of families they have done this to take them to court, maybe that mess of a family will go bankrupt and we'll hear the last from them.
They're already bankrupt on account of this. Did you read the last part of the article?
~Kizyr (they|them)

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Kizyr wrote: They're already bankrupt on account of this. Did you read the last part of the article?
Makes me wish that the concept of "debtor's prison" could get revived now and again.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Serves them right for preaching hatred. Not to get overly religious or anything, but these were the kind of people Jesus denounced, for they were misrepresenting God. The church leaders are really gonna get it for teaching their children to hate. The way I see it, these are the kind of people God has no sympathy for, and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for anything.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Bravo 29 wrote:Serves them right for preaching hatred. Not to get overly religious or anything, but these were the kind of people Jesus denounced, for they were misrepresenting God. The church leaders are really gonna get it for teaching their children to hate. The way I see it, these are the kind of people God has no sympathy for, and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for anything.
i'm not so sure on the "no sympathy" thing, but yeah i also had to make sure people didn't just assume that this is how christianity is.

real christians live and let live. they have genuine smiles. they understand that sins are equal and having just one on you makes you unfit to pass judgment on another for theirs.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

DezoPenguin wrote:
Kizyr wrote: They're already bankrupt on account of this. Did you read the last part of the article?
Makes me wish that the concept of "debtor's prison" could get revived now and again.
'Cause arbitrary justification for jailing poor people worked out so well in the past? Though, I'm sure you're just exaggerating.

These folks are already labeled "the most hated family in America". I don't see much of a reason to compound that by focusing extra energy on them. They lost to an $11m lawsuit, and regardless of the payment scheme, they'll probably need to file for bankruptcy. The only good coming out of this is that they now have a strong incentive to quit defiling other people's funerals.

I kind of feel bad for their children, though. They were raised in an environment that emphasized absolute hatred of other groups, not to mention completely misguided and misplaced hatred, so that's likely what they'll stick to for their entire lives. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
i'm not so sure on the "no sympathy" thing, but yeah i also had to make sure people didn't just assume that this is how christianity is.

real christians live and let live. they have genuine smiles. they understand that sins are equal and having just one on you makes you unfit to pass judgment on another for theirs.
Okay, maybe I was out of line saying He has no sympathy such people, but He also can't work through them, either. And now, their zeal has cost them everything, except their lives, and I really hope it doesn't come to that. Otherwise....

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Meh, a news paper claimed that the pastor is going to appeal and expects it to be overturned in "5 minutes." They also plan to continue picketing funerals, including the memorials for the recent fire that killed those 7 students...

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

No surprise there. The whole family is crazy. A man did a documentary about them for the BBC - I can't remember the name of it, but the whole thing is (or at least was a few months ago) on Google Video. - and one of the girls flat out told him to his face that he was going to hell, and that basically everyone is going to hell, and that if she got hit by a car her Father would celebrate it because it would be her fault and she'd be in hell for it.

True story.

Though the worst part, for me, was this guy who joined the church AS AN ADULT. He supposedly went to them filming his own documentary (or as a reporter, something like that) and was so drawn in by their psycho doctrine that he joined up. The family I can understand - they were raised in that atmosphere - but for a grown man to buy into that is just depressing.

The family is absolutely insane. It's hard to take offense from their statements when you look at just how mentally unbalanced they all are. While it drives me mad that they do what they do, I just consider it a blessing that they are not SLIGHTLY more psychotic and don't turn to violence in the name of God, as opposed to pickets.

And thanks, Kiz. I only glanced over this topic so I didn't see anything about that. Good to know. I was about to say - how could they possibly be worth more than 11 million? They're not exactly prime candidates for investments.
- Mike

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Reading that article just made me feel ill.... and pissed off.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Same here, made me sick... they are sticking kids in the protest?! Do these kids even understand what they are protesting? It's sick if they are using kids as puppets. Anyway, they have their opinion, no matter how messed up it is >< Makes me sick...
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Boris Moskovitz
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Boris Moskovitz »

I don't see how anyone could be offended by what the family's been said to have expressed; to take them seriously would mean giving them far more respect than they deserve. The idea that US soldiers soldiers died because of gays is about as out there as it gets. At least the whole "Katrina happened bcuz of duh fagz lol" 'reasoning' had something behind it. This, on the other hand is just... silly. I swear, even if I reached out to make a silly joke to my friends, I couldn't come up with something like this even if my life depended on it.

Although my stance on freedom of speech is one of absolute support, I am happy to know that at least for once the gov't is being consistent with what it does. If people can get jailed for something like Holocaust denial, it's only natural that an act such as this should be found punishable.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Boris Moskovitz wrote:Although my stance on freedom of speech is one of absolute support, I am happy to know that at least for once the gov't is being consistent with what it does. If people can get jailed for something like Holocaust denial, it's only natural that an act such as this should be found punishable.
Only European countries have any laws regarding Holocaust denial. Something similar in the US would violate the first amendment. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

By the way, the holocaust didn't happen, Presidential candidate Obama made it up to scare people to vote!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

wow. european countries are stupid. are they afraid that it'll somehow become arguable? if everyone on the planet says that the earth is flat, that still doesn't make it true.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I think it is illegal there because of the fact that it was such a horrible thing to happen in that continent and it generated so much hate, they where afraid that it could always happen again. So whenever someone denies the holocaust, it is generally because they are hatefull anyway towards whomever.

I think.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

they need an uprising. a lot of countries do. group up and kick the governments ass and then make it a better one. maybe if a ton of other countries do this then people won't try just flooding into the US.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:they need an uprising. a lot of countries do. group up and kick the governments ass and then make it a better one. maybe if a ton of other countries do this then people won't try just flooding into the US.
...wow, that statement is so ridiculous it's almost funny.

Ok, for starters, there is a lot of immigration into Western Europe and the European Union; your statement assumes that immigration is primarily into the US, as if it's not something significant for Europe as well.

Second, it seems like a pretty minor reason to start an uprising and replace a government (I'm assuming you mean a democratic shift in power, not a violent uprising). Lastly, there's absolutely no connection between being able to deny the holocaust and immigration--I find it hard to respond to that, just because it's such a ridiculous presumption to begin with.
phyco wrote:I think it is illegal there because of the fact that it was such a horrible thing to happen in that continent and it generated so much hate, they where afraid that it could always happen again. So whenever someone denies the holocaust, it is generally because they are hatefull anyway towards whomever.
There are probably many reasons for it. But a lot of it has to do with the fact that WW2 did occur there, and did start over there. It's the same reason why, in Germany, publicly displaying Nazi symbols is also criminal. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)