RIP George Carlin

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

RIP George Carlin

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/06/23/c ... index.html

Your comedic wisdom will be sorely missed. :(
-Nobi

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: RIP George Carlin

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Oh no. George Carlin was always one of my favorite comedians! This is a bad week for famous deaths. First Miyuki and now Georgie? Darnit. Difficult to see him go. :(
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Carlin definitely had a major impact on comedy-- especially with his observational style. I particularly enjoyed his wordplay jokes. He was also amazing in Dogma.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I didn't like his comedy or his routines in particular, but I admit, like Werefrog said, he definitely had an effect on comedy overall. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I was wondering how long it'd be before this happened. :(

The last (and best, imo) of the trinity is gone. Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor and now George Carlin. Carlin was astounding in his observations and also offended everyone in a fair and equal manner. He said it when many wouldn't and he said it better than it would've came out had others tried.

For those of you who've managed to miss out, read a couple of his books and watch some of his stand-up specials. We've lost a brilliant man. I wish i could've seen him live. ( :lol: live)

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

A great man who accomplished much, he will be missed. As he stands in heaven (god willing) looking down at the world, he'll continue his fart jokes and outside the box point of view for all eternity.
To have no fear, you must know fear.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

BattleMedic wrote:A great man who accomplished much, he will be missed. As he stands in heaven (god willing) looking down at the world, he'll continue his fart jokes and outside the box point of view for all eternity.

I believe in Christianity. Carlin did not. If Christians actually ARE right, Carlin isn't having a good time.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I got to see a lot of his stuff while in 10th grade English. I think we watched the thing about the words you can't say on TV and the baseball is for wimps thing... OH and about how everyone needs stuff. He really made you think sometimes lol.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Here's a little parody/tribute. The 7 dirty words you can't say on Lunar-Net. :lol:

-Dragon Diamond- piss -Fatal Hopper- -Chiro Tail- cocksucker -Meryod- and tits

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm gonna have to look a few of those up, because I'm not even certain what Chiro Tail or Meryod are set to.
-G1

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Here's a little parody/tribute. The 7 dirty words you can't say on Lunar-Net. :lol:

-Dragon Diamond- piss -Fatal Hopper- -Chiro Tail- cocksucker -Meryod- and tits
:lol: :lol:
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Well, you can say three of them, anyway.

But that's probably because they don't come up much, a pattern which will hopefully continue. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

T_T

I always liked George Carlin, not necessarily for his routines, but for the idea of them... free speech activism.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"