My cat is tripping balls right now.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My cat is tripping balls right now.

Post by Jenner »

Wherein I pretend to be exigence but with better spelling.

My cat got a nasty cut on her eye from something, and it grew into an ulcer, and then it got worse, and then it melted through the layers of her eye and then I took her to a kitty ophthalmologist to have it checked out. Discovered that she was on the final membrane of cornea deterioration and that she could lose her eye at any moment, SO, we had to do surgery. They gave us some drops and put a cone on her and gave us some pain medicine. When they brought out and measured out the pain medicine it had a massive label that was all "OMFG SERIOUSLY GOOD -Dragon Diamond-, MAKE DRUGS OUT OT ME" Anyway, we gave it to the cat just a minute ago, and now she is totally tripping balls.

and it is hilarious.
and I feel guilty for getting my cat high out of necessity.
I'm calling the vet tomorrow to investigate into finding something that will not make her high.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: My cat is tripping balls right now.

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Aw, poor cat! D:

I feel bad for her. First she cuts her eye, then she gets drugged out.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

This kind of reminds me of when I was in the hospital almost a year ago. Anyway, the doctors and nursed told me that if I felt any pain, I should let them know. I felt a small twinge of pain -- nothing major, but hey, I figured they may need the info for my chart or something, so I told them. They came back and offered me morphine, but I was like, "No thanks. It was just a tiny twinge of pain -- I just figured you may need to know about it for my chart or something."

A few hours later, when I was visited by my friend who works in the hospital, I told him my story. He responded, "Wait a minute... You were offered morphine and you refused? ARE YOU NUTS!?"
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ha ha. We had a kitten who got her neck shut in the door (more like slammed in the door). We took her to the vet and they were like "She is very lucky to be alive, but kittens are pretty much the bouncy balls of nature. She has several shattered (note shattered) vertibre. Here, take this and give it too her several times a day. It is important that she does not move very much, as any movement can kill her instantly."

Ever see a cat that looks like its hallucinating? Its pretty funny. She always was the miracle cat.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:This kind of reminds me of when I was in the hospital almost a year ago. Anyway, the doctors and nursed told me that if I felt any pain, I should let them know. I felt a small twinge of pain -- nothing major, but hey, I figured they may need the info for my chart or something, so I told them. They came back and offered me morphine, but I was like, "No thanks. It was just a tiny twinge of pain -- I just figured you may need to know about it for my chart or something."

A few hours later, when I was visited by my friend who works in the hospital, I told him my story. He responded, "Wait a minute... You were offered morphine and you refused? ARE YOU NUTS!?"
You're not nuts. I hate being knocked out over small things. I'd rather just feel the pain, unless it's unbearable, than not be able to remember anything.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Jenner's cat got some primo cat nip, it seems.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I get to take her into Akron tomorrow too, so they can remove the stitches.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I just remembered that Exigence lives in Ohio too. Maybe he was the one who give your cats the drugs. He's never said that he wasn't a kitty ophthalmologist. Now did he?

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Werefrog wrote:I just remembered that Exigence lives in Ohio too. Maybe he was the one who give your cats the drugs. He's never said that he wasn't a kitty ophthalmologist. Now did he?
I think you may have something here, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Not me i've been real busy this is my first time looking at these boards in almost 3 or 4 months, but i hope your cat starts feeling better soon.