Member Pictures 4: Return of the Members

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Prom + No date = BORING. :?

It was okay, I had fun with my friends. But I felt kind of silly, seeing as I had no date but everyone else in my group did lol. ^^; Prom is seriously over-rated though. I honestly felt like it was nothing special, I don't think I would have missed much if I decided to stay home.

And thanks for all the sweet compliments. You guys do wonders for my self esteem! xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I never went to mine. Nor homecoming. In fact, I never went to any of the dances except one I think. It just never appealed to me.

Everyone told me "Oh, you'll regret it when you're older!" Well, I don't really.

Oh, and how you didn't have a date is beyond me, Lunartic. Guys must not like their dates to be pretty where you're from. :P
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

LuNaRtIc wrote:Prom + No date = BORING. :?
Dude. I would've taken you to your prom.

Of course, it'd be sorta weird, since I'm 24. And gay. But whatever. :-P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kinda grainy, but it's the first pic in years that I've put online.
Last edited by GhaleonOne on Tue May 01, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-G1

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Mickey is teh s3x!

ilovemyguitar wrote:
LuNaRtIc wrote:Prom + No date = BORING. :?
Dude. I would've taken you to your prom.

Of course, it'd be sorta weird, since I'm 24. And gay. But whatever. :-P
That made my night.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

LuNaRtIc, I'm with G1 on this one, how the hell did you not have a date? O_O. Like Ilovemyguitar said, I would have taken you as well.

Meh, some people don't regrett missing their dances or whatever, but I do. I only went to homecoming my Freshman year with no date, but I had lots of fun dancing with friends and stuff. I regret not going to prom the most, especially for my Senior year, but I had no choice but to stay home. I only had a handful of friends in school by then and all where guys and to my knowledge, none went to Prom either. Also, we didn't exactly have money for me to rent a tux or whatever. *sigh*

The closest I ever came to Prom was when I worked at the hotel and had worked as in banquets the night of one of the Proms. I tell you, working at a hotel during prom night is funny as hell, kids come expecting rooms, we turn them down, and get this, their parents end up calling demanding we give their kids rooms. Sorry Pops, but if your kid is still in school and under 18, no way in hell are they getting a room :P.

G1. Damn dude, you look totally different from when I last saw your picture many years ago. You really have thinned out a lot it seems.

Ilovemyguitar... your gay? O_o

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I tell you, working at a hotel during prom night is funny as hell, kids come expecting rooms, we turn them down, and get this, their parents end up calling demanding we give their kids rooms.
You sure it was their parents calling in? Sounds more like their best buddy, older brother, older sister, or well, even themselves in disguise.

And yeah, I really feel tons lighter. I weighed in at less than a pound less than 60 pounds lost in 90 days. I find out Saturday whether or not I won the contest I was in. I don't have too much farther to go, but I want to put a little muscle mass on the upper body and drop another 10-20 and I'll probably be perfectly content for the first time since high school. It's an amazing feeling being able to run sprints and such again and feeling good after doing it.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ozone wrote:
Kizyr wrote:You're the belle of the ball.
Hah. I made a funny. KF
*smites*
Come on. You just know you were repressing the urge to say something like that!

Lunartic wrote:Prom + No date = BORING. Confused

It was okay, I had fun with my friends. But I felt kind of silly, seeing as I had no date but everyone else in my group did lol. ^^; Prom is seriously over-rated though. I honestly felt like it was nothing special, I don't think I would have missed much if I decided to stay home.
Well, I had a lot of fun at my prom, but that was mostly because of hanging out with my friends. I actually had more fun after I dropped my date off that evening and all the rest of us went out afterwards.
G1 wrote:I never went to mine. Nor homecoming. In fact, I never went to any of the dances except one I think. It just never appealed to me.

Everyone told me "Oh, you'll regret it when you're older!" Well, I don't really.
Pfft, yeah right. I honestly wouldn't've regretted not going. The entire thing is rather overrated, particularly if you put too much money and effort into it (really, who are you trying to impress anyway? It should be about having fun). I think part of the reason I did enjoy it was because my date was running late and we got "dinner" at Ben & Jerry's instead of this expensive restaurant, so my expenses for the evening were pretty cheap considering that, well, it was prom.

Our prom was also in Opryland Hotel, which is a beautiful location. If you're ever in Nashville, just go there. It's worth it wandering around the park inside the hotel for half the day.

Yeah, tangent... Anyway, prom. You're not missing out on much if you don't go. If you do go, then go so that you can hang out with your friends and generally have a good time, not because you're trying to impress anyone or have the 'perfect night' or something ridiculous. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:
I tell you, working at a hotel during prom night is funny as hell, kids come expecting rooms, we turn them down, and get this, their parents end up calling demanding we give their kids rooms.
You sure it was their parents calling in? Sounds more like their best buddy, older brother, older sister, or well, even themselves in disguise.
Positive man, I had to speak with one parent, and unless the guy got some very mature grown man, it was defininately someone old enough to be the guy's father. One even wanted to come down and get the room himself and then leave, but we told him we wouldn't allow that to happen.

I don't know what people try to pull stuff like this. We had like, 5+ security guards with order to throw any kids from the prom out if they went past certain points in the hotel. Hell, two guards + 2 police officers stood right in front of the elevators leading to the rooms so even if they where able to talk us into giving us a room, no way in hell could they get past 4 people (and the elevators where the only access to the room above from where the prom was, and I doubt any of the kids could manage to walk around the hotel unnoticed and find the escape stairs. Whenever we have a prom (we had a lot) the several police show up and our security is beefed up ALOT. You can thank the dumbasses that pulled a knife in a fight in the parking lot for the increase in security and police (before, it was 3 security + 1 or 2 police.)

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

You guys post too much :? Lol. I agree with the guys lunartic, Unless your the kind of girl who wants a nice guiy who isnt worthless I don't know why the hell you wouldn't have a date :roll: I don't know why girls who do not look bad at all seem to think they are fat and or ugly. Girls like you should not have self esteem issues lol. You didn't know that phyco? I am here for only a lil while and ascertained that. There is a art forum and ilovemyguitar says that he has a majopr crush on this guy who drew him. I am not too sure phyco. I thought you were around twleve by what I read of you =/ that goes to show my noobiness on the boards lol. After I got ur age, ur like 30+ somethig right? I figured you would be the kind of guy who is kinda smaller and or short, really bubbly and nice. Like short black hair, not much facial hair and loose clothes. Face is a bit different too. But not all that much. And lol on that one phyco, I don't have a problem speaking my mind, gets me in some issues sometimes though lol. Awwww. I am at school right now and i cant access ur pick ghaleon one. I will wait till I get home. Well thats kind of cool to phyco, You can change ur look any time, it can make a few advantages if you think about it lol. I didn't go to my prom. I hate all of the slutty girls in my school, I don't like the people much. I don't dance, well can't lol. And I don't think any of em like me :wink: lol. Question, being as I am going to post my pic like tonight maybe, how do you think I look? Get descriptive too, this'll be fun :D [/i]

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Well, I had a grrrreat time at my senior prom once upon a time. My date and I went with a group that rented a limo together, and after the prom itself, we went to a big after-party. Then the next day we all went on a mini-road-trip to Chicago, where we spent the weekend hanging out and seeing the sights. It really was an awesome time, and we all set it up, planned it, and paid for every last bit of it ourselves. Was it expensive? Sure. Was it worth it? Absolutely.
phyco126 wrote:Ilovemyguitar... your gay? O_o
Yup. But don't go gettin any ideas. :P

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Kizyr wrote:
Ozone wrote:
Kizyr wrote:You're the belle of the ball.
Hah. I made a funny. KF
*smites*
Come on. You just know you were repressing the urge to say something like that!
That's a negative, chief.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

RPGMan wrote:I am not too sure phyco. I thought you were around twleve by what I read of you =/ that goes to show my noobiness on the boards lol. After I got ur age, ur like 30+ somethig right? I figured you would be the kind of guy who is kinda smaller and or short, really bubbly and nice. Like short black hair, not much facial hair and loose clothes.
Gah, 12? Well, your're off only a little bit. Try adding 10 years ;).

I love loose clothes, but many of my clothes are a bit tight since I gained nearly 60 pounds in less than 2 years. Thankfully, I haven't gained any more in the last year. Unfortunately, I don't have money to buy too many new clothes, so I'm stuck with tight jean shorts and tight shirts. Only a couple of outfits I have fit nicely.

I am pretty short though, many people I know are taller than me. I'm 5'6" actually, wish I was at least a few inches taller. I'm also really nice. I just hold malice, contempt, hatred, and anger for many things in this world, but over all I'm a very nice, easy going guy. I don't know what you meant by bubbly, but if you meant chirpy or something, yeah... I go well beyond that. More towards the point of acting like I'm 5 and bouncing off the walls alot. Especially when I'm in my manic phase.

I didn't used to have much facial hair... still don't compared to many people. What you saw in the picture was several months worth of growing without trimming or shaving, so that has to say something about the speed my facial hair grows. Speaking of which, I have to shave again, but I hate shaving, it's a freaking pain in the butt. Not to mention my razor is dulling out and it's leaving me with some rather painful razor burn. Don't have the money to replace the blades either :( Life is one big catch-22 I swear.

I don't have black hair, (I have brown) but I usually keep with fairly short. Hair cuts cost money. :(

Also, I used to be quite thin. 135 pounds when I gained plenty of muscle mass and I stayed between 125 and 135 for years until about 3 or 4 years ago, which coincided with me graduating from school. No P.E. + no 10 minute walks to the bus stop + no walking to libary for internet + friends moving away so no longer walking to their house over a mile away + no walking to school when missing the bus or when I didn't have morning classes (or 4th period classes, I walked to school and walk home from school) + weight retention meds (side effect) + constantly hungry because of meds (side effect) = massive weight gain. *sigh*

Ilovemyguitar, no worries man, I'm straight ;) Much to the ire of someone I know though, hehehehehehe.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

GhaleonOne wrote:Image
LoTRs!!!!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Lord of the Rings? I'm standing in front of the Lord of the Rings box. :P Narnia is there though.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Lord of the Rings? I'm standing in front of the Lord of the Rings box. :P Narnia is there though.
So is Arsenal! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

And right next to it is Barcelona, and on the other side is an even bigger Brasil. :P
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

One ring to rule them all...

FOR NARNIA! AND FOR ASLAN!!!! *charges*

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

GhaleonOne wrote:And right next to it is Barcelona, and on the other side is an even bigger Brasil. :P
FC Porto forever! :P
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Sounds kinda like me phyco. I am a really nice guy, laid back kindas immature/funny to hayve a god time. I liekt o joke and relax, I talk a lot too :P What is surprising I have a severe temper. If someone even looks at me in a way that disconcerts me in the least bit I seriously have the urge to choke them. I have great self control and know right from wrong lol. I have never snapped bad. Well that has yet to be seen, I think the only thing thgat would set me off is someone cutting my hair, or hurting my fam. I get reallllly sadistic if you talk about or hurt them. I told wone of my bf's (best friends) that if he hurt tasha (my sis, well friend who is a sis known her for like 7 years, shes 14) I am going to take a cheese grader to his woohoo. and that was the beginning. :D Funny thing is I probably would if said case happened... Well know :) I ahve the same reasons why I gained weight phyco. Pretty much the exact smae reasons :P I am 16, byut people say I look like I am 20, so I guiess I am not far behind u lol. like 3 months! Wow. I grow that in like a week or two. at most 3 weeks. Well, I started gertting facial hair when I was 11 though.. I keep mine kinda like the pic u had, a go-t and a mustach. Hey, describe how u think i look. ggotta go, class is over. will finsiish post later.