Christopher Lambert

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Christopher Lambert

Post by DaWrestla »

In a fit of nostalgia, I decided to watch my DVD of Highlander last night. Which got me thinking, besides Highlander and the first Mortal Kombat movie, has Christopher Lambert been in any good movies?

Beowulf had potential, but fell short.
Vaporized before my eyes

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I think he did decent in Highlander: End Game, as did Adrian Paul, but the problem lies in poor lines and bad scripting. Albiet shorter, I also think he did a good job with the pilot episode of Highlander: The Series.

Nice to know there's another Highlander fan around though! I was obsessed with the TV series when it was on, and actually plan on getting the entire series on DVD with my first paycheck next month now that they've dropped in price so much.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah, too many good actors get undercut, typecast, and end up not having much of an opportunity to shine.

There are, perhaps, three actors only I can think of that can even make lousy lines sound magnificent. Those three are Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins, and Raul Julia. Raul Julia deserves special props because his last film was Street Fighter, and while Bison had the cheesiest lines you could think up, Raul Julia managed to make them sound good.

But anyway, yeah, Christopher Lambert I think got shortchanged... I can't think of anything major he's been in. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

I love the original Highlander movie! I watched it all the time when I was a little kid.

Personally, I never got into any of the other movies or TV series, because they all blatantly contradict the first movie.

And Highlander 2: The Quickening was absolutely terrible. I couldn't believe that Sean Connery let himself do such a crappy movie.

Anyway, Lambert plays Connor Macleod beautifully.
Vaporized before my eyes

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, Highlander 2 was horrible. I don't really feel the TV series contradict the first movie, but the other movies did, including End Game. The first movie was never really given a set date, nor was the TV series. They could have had the TV series set before Highlander 1, but when you start adding in the other movies, and specifically End Game, you throw a huge wrench in things. Though my understanding is that the producers said that each movie and the TV series were alternate dimensions from the first one. But either way, the only ones that were exceptionally good were the first movie and the TV series. The TV series really shined later on, though the first few seasons weren't bad by any strech.

I'm just a huge fan of Peter Wigfriend who played Methos. That entire character was extremely intriguing. Having the oldest man alive from 5000+ years before having lived even before the Flood made for some great backhistory, but it'd be nice if they come back and explore it more. Perhaps the new movie coming later this year will do so. It's looking to be a lot better than End Game was.
-G1

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

Hay G1 you forgot the cartoon. Now their was a steaming pile if ever I saw one... :|

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

True dat. You know they're working on another cartoon? Or rather, an anime this time. I kinda doubt it'll be worth the crap.
-G1

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

GhaleonOne wrote:True dat. You know they're working on another cartoon? Or rather, an anime this time. I kinda doubt it'll be worth the crap.

oh... oh my... um I don't even know what to say. If GI Joe: Sigma Six wasn't bad enough right?

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

From what I understand, is Lambert supposed to be in the new movie...after he was beheaded in End Game?
Vaporized before my eyes

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not that I know of, but he could be in flashbacks I suppose.
-G1

ShadowAce
Student of Vane

Post by ShadowAce »

He's been in a lot of stuff. :P I don't know about anything mainstream like Highlander, but he's been in films like:

Knight Moves
Greystroke (Greystoke?) The Legend of Tarzan
Fortress
Druids (blergh. crappy movie)

Looking on IMBD, he's mainly acted in foreign films. heh