Favourite show? ^^

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Favourite show? ^^

Post by Mei Ling »

Self explainory. What's your favourite show you watched on TV? =D

OOC: ...I HAVE A NEW SIG. HAH. *shot*
Lucia siggy~

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ever? That would be ... oh. A tie between Star Trek: TNG and The West Wing. Very different, I know, but for both of them, the cast really do make it. The characters work. The stories... oh, they vary, but can be very provocative and intellectually delicious.

As for right now... I don't watch nearly as much, but I've been addicted to Project Runway lately. Something about fashion design... mmm...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Easy.

Firefly.

I love Firefly more than I do Lunar.

Yeah. I said it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Hmm... that's how to say, I've never really been a fan of t.v. I didn't watch it for a few years. But watchin' Drawn Together, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

That is my current favorite!

But I do love The Shield, I don't watch them till they come out on DVD though, I always miss them on t.v.
ImageImageImage

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

My favorite comedy would probably be Third Rock from the Sun.

For drama I'm going to have to go with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

As for shows that are currently running, I'd say my favorite is Law & Order.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

My favorite t.v. shows have a tie for second.

1. Chappelle Show

2. South Park or Drawn Together

3. Deal or No Deal

I don't watch much t.v. really. There's usually not something on that I want to watch, and that's saying something because I'm 15.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Current: Scrubs and The Office (NBC American)

All time: Cheers, Seinfeld, Arrested Development (A few weeks ago that would have been on the current list :cry: )

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Red Dwarf, Scrubs, Coupling, Iron Chef, um a few others I guess.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sonic# wrote:As for right now... I don't watch nearly as much, but I've been addicted to Project Runway lately. Something about fashion design... mmm...

Thanks for reminding me I have an episode of that to watch. My dad and sister and I watched the first four or five when I was home in December/January, and I-Gene saved one on the Tivo for me but I keep forgetting to watch it. Though I'd rather see them all, and of course it was more fun with my folks to talk with about how bizarre some of the stuff was and how impenetrable the judgment of the people who actually pay attention to (or make) fashions is.

I don't really watch TV, though. In 1991 I started college and didn't have a TV and stopped watching and never started watching things regularly again. The only shows I missed then were the Simpsons and Murphy Brown, and the latter kind of deteriorated around then anyway, as I recall. When I'm visiting my folks I sometimes like watching Law and Order, but I never seek out the TV; I just happen to be in the room when it's in use.

At home, we watch some cooking shows (Good Eats, Iron Chef) and the occasional Canadian comedy. He likes Corner Gas, but it's hard to get here so that's on his laptop. And Red Green, which has some funny unexpected moments amidst sitcom stuff. I don't seek out any of these, but I generally don't mind watching them when they're on.

I have a feeling I'm forgetting stuff. Oh well. I'd rather read or play games, generally. ^^

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

All-time favorite would be Highlander: The Series. I keep meaning to just buy the series on DVD now that they've dropped in price considerably. I don't watch much TV these days though.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Werefrog wrote:Current: Scrubs and The Office (NBC American)

All time: Cheers, Seinfeld, Arrested Development (A few weeks ago that would have been on the current list :cry: )

Arrested Development! Oh, that one was definitely close. I've only seen the first season and the last few episodes, but when I get season two... oh, it's going to be glorious.

Kizzington wrote:I love Firefly more than I do Lunar.

If Firefly were a video game, I'd commit the same blasphemy.

Alunissage wrote:Though I'd rather see them all, and of course it was more fun with my folks to talk with about how bizarre some of the stuff was and how impenetrable the judgment of the people who actually pay attention to (or make) fashions is.

Oh, yes! The artistic visions of some of these people are really off the wall. Strangely, I like some of the odder ones more than I do the others (Santino, for example, makes what I see as beautiful garments, even when the judges see it as too ornamental... except his lingerie was REALLY over the top). As for the judges... I agree with them more as time goes on as far as who gets eliminated, but... they're harsh, and with a thing like fashion design, where I'm going on a vague aesthetic while they look at construction and everything else... sometimes their harsh words elude me.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Arrested Development is easily my favorite, and despite popular belief, it's not yet been cancelled and reports are that SHOWTIME is going to pick the series up!

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=3475

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... xml&coll=2

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

DragonmasterDan wrote:Arrested Development is easily my favorite, and despite popular belief, it's not yet been cancelled and reports are that SHOWTIME is going to pick the series up!

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=3475

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... xml&coll=2

Well, it's not confirmed that Showtime is picking up. It was in the gossip section of the New York Post. I hope it gets picked up. Even though the writers ended the show so well, I'd love to see it make a comeback.
Alunissage wrote:And Red Green, which has some funny unexpected moments amidst sitcom stuff. I don't seek out any of these, but I generally don't mind watching them when they're on.

Oh God... I haven't thought of Red Green in about a year. I love that show, but I haven't watched it since college. There were some moments of genius in that show. The newer episdodes weren't as good but still better than most American television.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's the opening of Red Green that is what amuses me the most. Somehow I never see the pun coming. "It's not a chandelier...it's a MANdelier."

And oh, gosh, the lingerie episode of Project Runway was weird. I think that's the last I saw. Didn't Santino just barely stay after that one? And the goddess-themed set which somehow turned into bondage instead...what is it with that association? The designer looked so meek, too. The one set of designs I could more or less understand what the judges meant were the Barbie ones, though I favored the second-place one (which I think was also Santino's) over the one that won.

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

Sci-Fi - Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Animated - Gargoyles

Comedy - The Simpsons (before it decided that plot wasn't necessary)

Drama - The Commish

Talk Show - Life on the Rock

Game Show - The Price is Right

Yeah, only two of those shows are actually running now.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

CSI, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, and The Simpsons. :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The Price is Right rules!

Just wanted to make that statement.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The Price is Right rules!

Just wanted to make that statement.

I remember when I used to watch that show, back before we had cable. It was a cool show, with that wheel that they spin with the number of cents on it, and the beep noises it would make. Then I grew up, had cable. Now everytime I see that show on, I hit random buttons on the remote just to get away.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

CSI, Monk, and Numbers

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

JWL wrote:Sci-Fi - Star Trek Deep Space Nine

I'm always glad to see another Niner! DS9 never really got the attention it deserved, IMO.