Business venture

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kobalt
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Business venture

Post by Kobalt »

Hey 'yall

I know that this will probably sound strange but recently I've been thinking about going into the webhosting business, and I was hoping if someone could give a few pointers on this subject before I decide to fully emerse myself in this idea. Any advice would be most appreciated.
No one can know the path that I walk.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Set up yourself a PayPal account, have your hostee's make monthly payments through that, or perferablly annual payments are easier to get ontime.

Where will you be hosting? Off your terminal PC or an actual built server tower with a dual Xeon chipsets are always recommended. Majority use Win2000 servers which are always prime targets of hackers and viruses, you may want to review your options on server OS.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

I hear Linux is good for servers.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

I owned a webhosting business for 3 years Kobalt. Let me ask ou somthing before I give my story.

Are you just hosting peoples sites or are you designing them for them and then hosting?

Kobalt
Lann Fisherman

Post by Kobalt »

I owned a webhosting business for 3 years Kobalt. Let me ask ou somthing before I give my story.

Are you just hosting peoples sites or are you designing them for them and then hosting?

Well, at first I'll just host sites, but during and after the time I am in school is the time when I'll start designing and hosting.
No one can know the path that I walk.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Thats cool. Cant wait to see your site.

(p.s. that is an awsome avatar.)
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon