Where you heading?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Where you heading?

Post by Dragonlord911 »

This is something that I just thought would be a good topic.
So, where is everybody going for Spring Break???????
I, myself, happen to be going to Florida for some fun in the sun or out of it.
It depends on the temp.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Hmm... I'll be headed to my local Wal-Mart where I'll be workin'.

I'll be in the Garden Center though! It'll have plants and sun and... PEOPLE!

...oh I hate the people...
ImageImageImage

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The grownup world doesn't have spring break. :P I do get one day of it off as university staff, but I don't expect to be going anywhere.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, I'll be lucky to even notice if school is out for the season. As soon as you leave school, you have 3 forms of vacation. Unemployed, employed with paid vacations, or if you die. *shrugs*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I'm not going anywhere for Spring Break, but the week after that I'll be visiting Madison, Wisconsin for a day (kind of annoying scheduling but there's nothing I can do about that).

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If you don't have anything going on in Madison, one of the regulars here is from Madison. LuciaOne. I'm sure she'll respond if she see's this.
-G1

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

My plans hopefully involve staying as close to my house as possible. Dangit if I'm not going to make a nice butt-groove in my couch again.

Either way...I tend to believe that going away on vacation takes away
the point of having a vacation. While I enjoy travelling, I find it
anything but restful, and right now all I want is rest.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I am going home to relax, get my Gamecube fixed (finally), and sew together a roman tunic in time for a festival my Roman legion reenactment club is going to. The prerequisite for that is that I must learn how to sew! Or have my mom show me. ^_^

Oh, and I have a bowling tournament near Nashville.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

What is this spring break you speak of? I'll be taking one day off from work...to play concerts for kids in school...
-Rich-

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:The grownup world doesn't have spring break. :P I do get one day of it off as university staff, but I don't expect to be going anywhere.

Come to think of it, this is the first year where I don't have a 'spring break' since I was four years old. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Man, that sucks.

I have to enjoy this vacation as much as I can. Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, the hole shabangabang. This is the first vacation during Spring Break in 3 years. I may not have another one for another 4.

Atra gulai un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise skolir fra rauthr. *room lights up in a blinding flash*
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Not really. I enjoy my job, so it's not like I miss not having breaks. Plus which, I still take occasional time off. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I will be going to Du Fells Nangoroth for eka un Shur'tugal!

Se mor'ranr ono finna.

Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Since I work at a school, I get a paid week off.

I'll probably go SCUBA Diving a bunch.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

DeathBeforeDenial wrote:Since I work at a school, I get a paid week off.

I'll probably go SCUBA Diving a bunch.

Well after tomorrow it will be like a spring break for me. My store is goin' through Inventory... and it is hell! But after they count everythin' we already counted, we can relax and I can take a day off. NO MORE DOUBLES!!

I want to go to Boston on Friday, but I can't find anyone to go with me!! That will be my vacation if I can.
ImageImageImage

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Add me to the list of people with no spring break...

That said, even when I did have it -- I mostly used it to sleep. :) There were a couple times when I actually had to do homework over it, though. :(
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I hate having to do homework on a break. Why do they call it a break if you have to do homework during it?
Eragon

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Dragonlord911 wrote:I hate having to do homework on a break. Why do they call it a break if you have to do homework during it?

I will admit that it was a case of bad luck when I had to do it. It just so happened I had two different classes that had major projects due at more or less the same time after break. The only way I could get both done was to work over break on them *sigh*.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, a lot of my professors would give homework over Spring Break, and students would complain. The teachers would always be like "Do your homework the first day and you'll still have all but one day for your break". Yet, when every teacher you have gives large assignments due right after break, apparently thinking no other classes would do that, it can totally ruin the idea of a "break".
-G1

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I've been unemployed for a week, so I guess I'll consider that my "break". Thankfully, I have a job starting monday, so I can relax about where my money is coming from.

But, back when I was in school and had real spring breaks... I used to do absolutely nothing but draw, play video games, and watch my favorite tv shows. Ah, that was the life. :D