NCAA

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

NCAA

Post by GhaleonOne »

Surprised noone has made a topic yet. Just curious if anyone is watching the games? I don't get into much outside of soccer, but I can get into the NCAA finals sometimes. Not sure who I'm rooting for, but I know people around here are going nuts. Wichita State, the local university, is in the tournamen for the first time since 81, and won their 1st game solidly. I hate the school, as their admissions and financial aid offices are pure crap (the main reason I ended up going to one of the private universities) but it is nice to see them doing well in the tournament after all these years.
-G1

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I'm glad that Indiana is still in it. A few weeks ago it looked like they might not make the tournament at all.

Oh, you meant to talk about this year's tournament? No can do, sorry.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

*thinks* Basketball...?

Once upon a time I paid attention to NCAAs, when I was in marching band and therefore attended a number of games. Went to the Sweet Sixteen in 199something; it might have been Jason Kidd's last year there. We washed out at the first game, though, and got deported back to Berkeley at 4am the following morning.

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

I went to a basket ball game once, I forgot who won or who was even playing for that matter but I do remeber I drank alot of Coke adn had several hot dogs..with ketchup..and the bun was toasted so the bread was really warm and good.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm split evenly between Kentucky and Tennessee.

The first one is a childhood/family favorite. I'm used to watching them. From Rick Pitino to Tubby Smith, I have very good memories.

It used to not be a conflict, back when Tennessee was struggling. But now they have one of the top seeds, and while they're fond of pulling very close games (Winthrop...), I must cheer for them too. I just hope there's a fluke and they morph together to form the STATE OF FRANKLIN!!! *guitar riffs*

[EDIT] Oh, we're playing Wichita State today! We're sooooo gonna beat your local team, G1. :P Because Major Wingate is the most awesome name ever. [/EDIT]
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh, we're playing Wichita State today! We're sooooo gonna beat your local team, G1. Razz Because Major Wingate is the most awesome name ever.

Shut down! 80-73 baby! Tennessee goin' home! This is the first time in 25 years WSU has made the sweet sixteen. Hell, first time in 25 years they've even won a game in the NCAA final tournament.

Course... North Carolina is the next team if they beat George Mason. :P
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Owww, yeah, I saw, while I was bowling yesterday. Made me laugh, after making this post.

I'm still banking on Kentucky though, and now that there's no possible contradiction to happen, I'm going for them all the way.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wow, North Carolina got beat too for an upset. We're playing George Mason instead. That means neither of the two teams that were in the finals last year are even in the tournament now.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I saw that while I was watching Kentucky. Kentucky lost narrowly (though the end score was 6 points apart, they were pressing until desperate fouls on Connecticut led to foul shots led to impeccable foul shots being made, which led to despair). It's too easy to say that a shot here or there would've done it, but really... if Kentucky had made a couple of more 3 point attempts, they would've been good. And the defense pwned them for a good deal of the game.

So, I guess I'll support Wichita, for the men's. Hopefully my bad luck won't rub off. ;)

As for the women, I'm all for Tennessee. ^_^ Pat Summitt, woo!
Sonic#