Horrid Ebay user...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

If I may ask, what books are they?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The first TSS strategy guide, the EB manga, and another EB manga (the name escapes me, it's the one with the Alice character that has Xenobia in it). All imports.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Childhood's End.

Is that the purple TSS one (with the Disk 7 art) or the other one? I should know, but I don't remember.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

-G1

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

I'm not really into eBay n stuff but to me that sounds like regular old stalling. He probably didn't even have the stuff when he listed 'em. What a dirtbag. Would explain alot. And they cost more to him than he expected so he added that to yours and faked it as shipment cost. He could be a "eBay broker". He byus n sells forward.

Only my educated guess based on the description you gave :wink:

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

artzi wrote:I'm not really into eBay n stuff but to me that sounds like regular old stalling. He probably didn't even have the stuff when he listed 'em. What a dirtbag. Would explain alot. And they cost more to him than he expected so he added that to yours and faked it as shipment cost. He could be a "eBay broker". He byus n sells forward.

Only my educated guess based on the description you gave :wink:

Someone from Finland? Cool. I've been meaning to ask someone from Finland: is Conan O'Brien as popular in Finland as he claims?

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

....um, I actually just ordered an item from this guy yesterday (didn't read this post until today). The Childhood's End manga because not only I wanted to have it but to look at it along with reading the translation. I only went with airmail and sent him the payment and it looks like he shipped today.

Hopefully, it'll arrive well and good, since now I don't want to communicate with the guy. I just had a mild issue with trying to verify a total cost from a store over these Ranma tapes I ordered. It was one of those deals where the seller wasn't explicit on the item page about their combined shipping fees and it took a while for them to respond to my inquiries.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I wouldn't worry too much about it. My problem with him was over a combined shipping order (well, the problem was lack of communication really, but had it been one item, I wouldn't have had trouble likely). If it's already shipping, you're probably fine. In fact, Childhood's End was one of the items I ordered from him.
-G1

crying*for*the*moon
Meryod Yokel

Videogameya

Post by crying*for*the*moon »

I'm sorry, I seem to gravitate towards the old threads. ^_^;

I ordered from Videogameya as well with a combined shipping order. Did you add up combined shipping yourself or did you request a total? On the auctions' pages it said he would be away until Sept. 7, so I waited and sent a request total (so I'd know what shipping to pay) that day, knowing he probably wouldn't get to it for a few days since he just got back from somewhere. I was right and I did get my total a few days later. It's only been 10 days and he WAS on vacation or whatever, so I don't expect speedy service since he probably has a back log of orders. But I would like to know if you did the proper thing and requested the total directly from him with the request total form. It would be pretty sleazy of him to give you a total and then not tell you for a month that he needed more. Basically I'm a little worried since I've read this thread, and am hoping that since I went through my transaction very mechanically and got the total directly from him that I won't have to worry about his abusive temper if I innocently inquire after 45 days time (the amount of time Paypal gives you to file a complaint) about where my 7 books (total $212 since $50 was for EMS shipping-yes I'm a shameless waster of money when it comes to Lunar) are. I'm sorry for my lack of cohesion. I'm a terrible communicator myself, though I suppose I'm on the "Light Side" of the seriously introverted "Force". This Videogameya guy brings shame on all of us highly introverted loners. No wonder people assume we're all "Unibombers" and "Columbine Kids".

crying*for*the*moon
Meryod Yokel

Wow, I'm a "Meryod Yokel" because of my low quantity of posts. What a coincidence since I live in Indiana, the "Meryod" of the US.

crying*for*the*moon
Meryod Yokel

Excellent Experience with Videogameya on eBay

In case anyone's reading this, everything went perfectly with my transaction with Videogameya. I had a combined shipment and waited for him to send me the total. I ordered all the Lunar manga:
Vane: The Story of the Inheritance, Lunar: Childhood's End, Lunar 2, and the two Magic School ones. I also ordered the two artbooks. Everything looks brand new. If they're used, they certainly don't look like it at all. The shipping was very fast, though expensive, as well, especially considering that he had been out of town right before I sent my request total. I'm very impressed, though I do wonder about those occasional comments. Maybe a very busy/unhappy person? I just hope that those comments I've heard about were only emotional outbursts that don't actually reflect on the person himself. We all can be nasty sometimes. Although a seller should be mature enough to overcome their personal issues when dealing with customers, no matter the situation. Anyway, when using eBay, if you have a combined order, make sure you ask for the total if the combined shipping is not already figured out when you click on the pay it now (if using Paypal). If there's a blank where shipping should be and you don't want to assume, just send the seller a request total-it makes things clear-cut. It's better than sending an e-amil since many sellers on eBay receive a lot of e-mail everyday and yours may get lost in the mess or even placed in the junk folder. Just request total if you have any questions on the total with shipping, etc. Good luck and happy buying! As for myself, I need to stop shopping for a while. ^_^; broke the bank on that one...