New Lunar

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New Lunar

Post by GhaleonOne »

I know not everyone reads all the way down the board (in fact, I almost missed the post), but since many of you would possibly miss it down there: A new Lunar has apparently been anounced.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/5/3-22

Thanks to Lupin for pointing it out. It may have taken me a day or two to find that, had I not seen the post. The update is also on LunarNET now.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, if it is true, then sweet (and lets hope it's engine is better than DS.) However, I've looked at several gaming sites and haven't found news of it. So I'm going to opt to not believe it until after E3 starts and more news arrives.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's GamingAge... GamingAge is most certainly credible. Just as much as IGN or GameSpot, and with a smaller title like this, it's quite likely only one site would pull out the news first. I imagine those other sites will follow suit soon. I'm still wondering about the name though. It's kind of a strange name for a Lunar title. My guess is "Nights" might indicate something at it's "end". Perhaps the end of Lunar, and people moving back tot he Blue Star, or maybe way back to the Blue Star's destruction. Course, I'm probably way off. The logical one would be Four Heroes, but if so, Lunar Nights doesn't give any indication.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

If it is true, I would imagine that it could very well be about the four heros. Didn't the interviews state they wanted to do a Four Heros game? And also, if it was like DS, then it could be likely that Lunar Nights will be the Japanese title and the title will be different here in the US. (Would be cool if we got to Vote on the name again :D)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Depends. No word on a US publisher. I've never been able to find sales for DS except the first two months (though that's a good indicator). It's unknown if Ubi would pick it up. I imagine it sold well enough to make a little money (it was certainly low-budget), so it's really not a shock to see a new Lunar title announced, but let's hope they took note of the bad reviews and fixed up a number of elements.
-G1

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Hmm. Are we all looking at the same link, because your comments confuse me. For one, that site lists the name as Lunar Knights, not Nights. (Which in my opinion better suits a Four Heroes game, I guess.) It also mentions that the game is listed as being made by Konami...and as far as I know, Konami does not have any rights to Lunar - Do they?

Maybe I'm just confused. :shock:

EDIT: I only just now noticed the large gap of time between the last post in this topic and my own post, so I suppose there was plenty of time for the site to have been updated since then. Probably the source of my confusion.
- Mike

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Looks as if they changed it. I'll have to change my update to reflect it. I'm going to assume this may have shown up in one of the gaming magazines in Japan or something.
-G1

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

BTW, just got confirmation from Rich/drumlord from GamesAreFun that it's indeed not our Lunar. Just so everyone knows.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Phooey. Guess there is always plan B....

Grab ye pitchforks and torches!

lucia24
Student of Vane

Post by lucia24 »

*grabs sword to attack* :D

"Even if a day should go by when I don't say I love you,
May never a moment go by without you knowing I do."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm partially sad, partially glad.

I want a Lunar game, but I want a little time. No rational reason, just that it seems like they can start fresh then, learning from the errors last time.

... if they decide to try again.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Honestly, handheld Lunar can go to Hell. It's high time that a brand spanking new installment breathes true life on a console with full cinematics, voice and all. If the company doesn't want to put in the effort then the series ultimately suffers, and we the fans along with it.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

You're all missing the little blurb that it may not be a Lunar game, they say that Konami is releasing it after all.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I should have posted to clarify: This isn't a Lunar title. It's from the Boktai series. That's confirmed.
-G1

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Cool, another Boktai! But as far as the Lunar series goes, I'm pretty jaded at this point. I think a huge part of what made the main 2 games what they were was the combination of Game Arts & Working Designs. I don't know how you all feel, but I've been less than impressed with most of Game Arts newer releases, and with Working Designs out of the picture, I gave up hope of another Lunar game of the same calibre as SSS or EB a while ago. I think the best we can hope for is a new game that's a lot different from the others, and might still be good.
It's like when a sitcom that's been going for too long and has a different cast... it might not be bad, but it probably won't be as good as it was. At this point I'd probably be happy with a remake/port collection of both games and maybe Magic School. I'm not holding my breath. :wink:

rf_switch
Iluk Crackpot

Post by rf_switch »

I'm glad its not a Lunar game. Dragon Song left a sour taste in my mouth. I would also prefer the next Lunar installment to be on a home console.

TheRadicalAusa
Red Dragon Priest

Post by TheRadicalAusa »

Aww that stinks! I was hoping for the Four Heroes, but, I think that the creators are just teasing us with the story!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

TheRadicalAusa wrote:Aww that stinks! I was hoping for the Four Heroes, but, I think that the creators are just teasing us with the story!

Never lose hope.