Life where you live

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
lucia24
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Life where you live

Post by lucia24 »

How are things where you live?

For me gas prices have reached 2.83 and i cant go any where> :cry: But there is something that is good , schools going to end in about 3 weeks (yeah) :D

"Even if a day should go by when I don't say I love you,
May never a moment go by without you knowing I do."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ah, the two great deciders of life - gas prices and school. And I don't even have the gas prices at the moment, as I don't drive much (that'll change in a week).

Right now I'm going through final exams. This is actually one of the easier times of the year forme. I've had the toughest ones (Colloquium in Literature and Linear Algebra) already, and I'll be studying steadily into Tuesday. I really don't need to do anything else, so save those few hours, I'm free.

But that doesn't address the where. Knoxville is as congested as ever. *cough*

As for home-home, it's still alive as well. I can't really say much about either... except that they're both aggravating and beautiful, depending on what I'm doing. ;)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Sonic# wrote:Right now I'm going through final exams.

I just finished with final exams this afternoon. It's kind of weird for me to think that in just a couple of days I'll cease being a college student and become a college graduate. It still hasn't truly sunk in.

Anyways, things are pretty nice in Bloomington this time of year. It's nice and warm, but it hasn't yet reached the point where it's dreadfully hot and humid. It's kind of busy right now with people moving out and all, but it'll settle down in a few days once most of the students are gone. Another thing that's weird for me to think about is the fact that I'll be leaving soon. I've lived here all my life so far, but in August I'll be moving to Madison, Wisconsin. In some sense I'll miss it here (I've always liked the Midwestern college town atmosphere of Bloomington) but I'm also looking forward to living in Madison.

I'm not sure what gas prices are right now. I don't drive all that much, so it's been at least a month or so since the last time I bought gas.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well it was foggy, cold, and wet today. I loved it. Gas prices are about to hit $3 in some parts of the city. I hate it. I'm still unemployeed. I hate it. Normally it's been hot and dry. I hate it. I have Dill Pickle chips. I love it. My sister had her baby shower, and although I wasn't invited (it was a girls only baby shower Oo; ) I was still happy for her. :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Life where you live

Post by Agawa »

lucia24 wrote:How are things where you live?

For me gas prices have reached 2.83 and i cant go any where> :cry: But there is something that is good , schools going to end in about 3 weeks (yeah) :D

Gas here is...well, it's really expensive. I don't really know how to compare Canadian gas prices to American, since they're measured differently and paid for in a different currency.

Well...I'll have exams in about five weeks. It's getting closer.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well it was foggy, cold, and wet today. I loved it. Gas prices are about to hit $3 in some parts of the city. I hate it. I'm still unemployeed. I hate it. Normally it's been hot and dry. I hate it. I have Dill Pickle chips. I love it. My sister had her baby shower, and although I wasn't invited (it was a girls only baby shower Oo; ) I was still happy for her. Smile

Really? I thought I saw around 2.80 up here in the north area of the Springs. I'm heading towards Breckenridge in a minute though. It was really nice last night. The drive from Limon to the Springs was eerie with all the fog, and the weird valleys and hills. I wanted to get pictures, but they wouldn't have shown up worth taking. I'm starting to dig the Springs though. If they offer the job next week, I think I'll take it.

As for my hometown... Wichita, KS. It sucks. That's about all you need to know. Severe weather is our only real excitement.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

There was Fog from Limon to the Springs too? Yikes.

But yeah, in some parts near the city it's around $2.91 and rising. Maybe I should have said some parts of the city, since technically it's outside of town, but no more than a 10 minute drive out. We had more fog today. I love how eerie fog can be, really sets the mood for somethings.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

It's 70 and overcast, gas is $3.40/gal and traffic pushes me closer and closer to a psychotic episode, the only thing saving me is my imagination which lulls me into a state of sweet ignorance.

Right now I have only slept 5 hours in the last 2 days and am severly depressed for no particular reason. Traffic definitely played a role in it, but I think it's the fact that my mind, left to its own devices, will contrive scenarios within my mind to anger me.

For example my friends inability to receive a message and call me back, instead of leaving it at that I focus on the why and that leads me down a path of denigration from which is difficult to return from.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There was Fog from Limon to the Springs too? Yikes.

But yeah, in some parts near the city it's around $2.91 and rising. Maybe I should have said some parts of the city, since technically it's outside of town, but no more than a 10 minute drive out. We had more fog today. I love how eerie fog can be, really sets the mood for somethings.

You should have taken a trip into the mountains then. I took that drive up to Frisco Friday afternoon, and the fog surrounding the mountains was surreal. I'm not sure how familiar you are with it, but you know that area where you come out of the pass about 40 miles west of the Springs and there's that HUGE high altitude plain and you can see tons of the 14ers all around? Yeah, right when you come out of the pass and see down into the giant valley, it started snowing, sleeting and lightning all at the same time with weird fog clouds and such drifting over the giant mountains. I got some pictures, but we'll see how well they turn out, considering it was a crappy disposable camera.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Et tu DBD?

G1, I'm not sure if I'm been to the area you mentioned. However, my mother was talking about going through the fog as she was coming out of the mountains from work that same day. I miss heavy heavy fog :P. One of the things I loved about going through the Apalachians, no shortage of clouds and water falls to calm the soul. I've been enjoying the past several days of nothing but fog, rain, and mist. We really needed the moisture.

lucia24
Student of Vane

Post by lucia24 »

well now gas prices went down 10 cents.... and it hasn't rained in about 2 or 3 weeks... its so hot outside that i cant play .... :cry: and sometime today im going to get a new kitty! :D

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

It has been quiet... A little too quiet... I hate to live in a little railroad town, nothing ever happens... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... So board... Help me. Anyway gas prices have gone up to $2.75. God help us.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Life's pretty good around here. Raining now and a little chilly, but otherwise weather's been nice and cool-to-warm. Running up on some deadlines at work, so I'm having to stay 9-10 hours a day, but otherwise everything's going quite well.

Gas prices are hovering around $3.00 a gallon here. But I use mass transit primarily, except for short trips and trips up to Baltimore--the latter for which I'm compensated, so it's not hurting me any. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Gas is about $2.89 and it is hot. The high tomorrow is 90. Today it's 80. Hmmm, how stange...oh no...Zophar!...no wait...
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

lucia24
Student of Vane

Post by lucia24 »

school is boring ... the teachers are giving easy work to pass the day.. in pe i have been going bowling for the past 3 weeks... i realy cant bowl good but the highest i have is 80... today in my biology class i had to dissected a frog ... and it didnt smell good... tomorrow i have to dissect a fish , maybe it will not smell as bad.... :shock:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

What you smell is most likely the preservatives, and yeah, that stuff stinks pretty bad. Luckily, I never had to disect a full creature. Just a heart, a brain, and an eye. Though in another class that I never took, students had to diesect cats. Although I wasn't in that class, I was still in the same room as the animals and boy, that sucked to sit through an hour and a half of preservatives.

lucia24
Student of Vane

Post by lucia24 »

today i got better at bowling ... i bowled a 93 *yeah*, well on the 20th of this month im going will the art club to a trip and i cant wait.. :D i think next week i get my braces off.. i hope so... and school is really boring.. :(

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Though in another class that I never took, students had to diesect cats.

Kitty killers. Be free my kitty friends. *unleashes all cats in an animal pound.* Be free. Worms, Frogs ( not French people ), and Fish I get, but why must you see the insides of a poor kitty.

P.S. How did the French-Frogs insult start. I don't get it.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I think it's because the French eat frog legs?

Though to be fair, it's not like we killed the cats. The school orders the dead cats from somewhere. It's not like our school has the means to kill, drain, and embalm an animal. Besides, the animals where probable sick, old, whatever.

Also, to defend disection, how to you think future vets are going to save a cats life? No different than when medical schools use real dead people to disect.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Gas is gas around here, floating around $3 a gallon, but its no big deal, I just try and use what i have wisely, carpool with friends, bike or walk to work. I just got back from san francisco/oakland where the weather was absolutely beautiful. Back on the east coast its rain, rain, with a side dish of rain. I can't wait for it to stop. I also just found out im moving out to hawaii for work, so i guess i have that going for me.
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out