Videogame infiltration that normal ppl don't know

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Videogame infiltration that normal ppl don't know

Post by Roas Atrades »

Well, it's happened several times now, and it makes me laugh and shiver at the same time.

Several times now, during the ER previews of the following week, they are playing the Song of Nephalim from Xenosaga during the clips.

Song of Nephalim always creeps me out, but I have to chuckle that the normal viewer has no idea what they are hearing.

Of course....there is always the chance that the Song of Nephalim was from something before Xenosaga, but had never heard it before then.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Videogame infiltration that normal ppl don't know

Post by Agawa »

Roas Atrades wrote:Several times now, during the ER previews of the following week, they are playing the Song of Nephalim from Xenosaga during the clips.

What's ER? Is it a show or something?

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Agawa wrote:What's ER? Is it a show or something?

I can't tell if that's a joke without some emoticons to help me out :P

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

ER's a hospital show, a drama.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You want some real infiltration of video games? I saw a puppy who was brown, who was born to a dog who was white, who was owned by a 13 year old child, who went to school, who's school banned video games being on school grounds, which is because a single parent heard that the kids played games during lunch, which is true because games are fun, which came about from technology being better to develope better games, which came from new discoveries, which came about from the idea of a computer game, which has evolved from Mario. :P

Though I do have to admit I though ER was like E3 for a smaller area, lol. See how often I watch TV these days?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote:
Though I do have to admit I though ER was like E3 for a smaller area, lol. See how often I watch TV these days?

It's been on for somewhere near ten years. :) I think they should probably find some new drama to replace it. It's definitely seen better years. I really like the NBC concept of two hours of comedy followed by an hour of drama. Especially when the comedies were shows like Cheers and Seinfeld.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

With video game music in general, people annoy me. My brother has always made fun of me for listening to Lunar music and other good game music. While I don't listen to it all the time, I see no reason why it's bad just because it's game music. I had both of my parents listen to it in the car when going to my bro's soccer games over the past two years without telling them it was game music. They loved it and wanted copies. When I told them it was game music, they were shocked.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, game music just has then mentality about it that people deem bad. I don't know why either. As for ER, I know it's a TV show, I just forgot about it and didn't even realize that was what they where talking about.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

GhaleonOne wrote:With video game music in general, people annoy me. My brother has always made fun of me for listening to Lunar music and other good game music. While I don't listen to it all the time, I see no reason why it's bad just because it's game music. I had both of my parents listen to it in the car when going to my bro's soccer games over the past two years without telling them it was game music. They loved it and wanted copies. When I told them it was game music, they were shocked.

1/3 of my iPod is Videogame music. I tend to prefer tracks when they have been put to orchestra, although sometimes I just take what I can get.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

1/2 of my ringtones are video game tunes. Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Brothers, Zelda. You name it, and I can get it.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Dragonlord911 wrote:1/2 of my ringtones are video game tunes. Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Brothers, Zelda. You name it, and I can get it.

I'd really like the Zelda Overworld Theme as my ringtone, but my phone is too old. I may get a new phone for the Phoenix Wright games that are coming out .

And back on the original topic, I was watching Two and a Half Men, and the little kid wanted his dad to rent the new Final Fantasy for him. They later showed him playing it on the PS2 with SNES Final Fantasy music playing in the background. Must have picked up Final Fantasy Anthology on accident :wink: .

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Agawa wrote:
Roas Atrades wrote:Several times now, during the ER previews of the following week, they are playing the Song of Nephalim from Xenosaga during the clips.

What's ER? Is it a show or something?

I was being serious. :wink:
Thanks, Alunissage.

That's neat, I guess. I don't really think of video-game music as different (although, I suppose other people do...) but it does seem unusual.

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

It's almost a prerequisite that video game music be good. It sets the mood. Game music helps you enjoy doing something, rather than just watching something. Imagine battles without battle music. Battle music gets your blood pumping and lets you completely forget that nothing plot related is happening while still having fun.

The thing is, you don't really know this unless you play or watch video games. Unlike books and TV, video games are heavily dependent on input, even if you're just watching someone else play.