Alex Punching Puppet on Ebay. The real deal?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Alex Punching Puppet on Ebay. The real deal?

Post by NallOne »

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-PROTOTYPE-LUNA ... dZViewItem

Sorry to say that bidding has already ended on it, but...real? Also, some of his other items include sealed copies of SSSC and EBC, which he says he can sign since he was the "USA Director/Producer/Writer".

Is this Vic? O_o

*stolen from GameFAQs* >>;
- Mike

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I believe so, GameGenie is indeed vic if I recall.

Edit: Too bad I couldn't have won that. Pfft. Also, do you think Vic will keep any of it for himself? I would think so, since WD went unter (still awfully sad about it, makes me want to cry when thinking about it.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Heh, well, guess who is the current highest bidder for those PSOne games? I too wish I would have known about Alex before it was too late...well, not that I'd pay $300 for a puppet that doesn't BM gold bricks (it should, for that price)...but it would have been nice to know about.

Oh, and NallOne...your icon rocks. That Gackt has some odd music videos, though. Do you have the Platinum Bible boxes?

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Ah, I was hoping it was Vic. Would be a down right shame if someone paid $300+ for a fake or something.

EDIT: I just noticed the "Reserve not met". That brings up two thoughts for me:

1) He wanted MORE than $300 for it? Yipes. *empties pockets* ...v_v

2) Does that mean the highest bidder "loses"? And that he might auction it again? I know very little about Ebay, I'm afraid. :(

YoungDyne wrote:Oh, and NallOne...your icon rocks. That Gackt has some odd music videos, though. Do you have the Platinum Bible boxes?

Thanks. And no I do not, though I want it badly.

...my birthday is in December. :twisted: :wink:
- Mike

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

In the event of the reserve not being met, it just means the person who is selling the item reserves the right to refuse to sell the item if they wish. Often used to insure a high price or none at all. I'm no e-bay expert but I'm pretty sure about this. I think he just put it at an insane price because he didn't want to pay too little for something so rare, but didn't actually expect anyone to reach it. Could be $600 for all we know. And probably was just used to see what the end bid was and consider it.

Well, that's what I'd do.

My birthday is also in december...I'll give it too you if you promise to give it back right away.

But, really, I bought boxes 2 3 4 and 5 for $40 on ebay. That's less than 10 bucks a pop, though one is only about 23 minutes long. The longest is 70-something minutes of Gackt. The other 2 are 50-something and 60-something if I remember right.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

They're just a collection of his PVs, right? I could probably afford that if I sold a few things, but I have no way of ordering things online. :cry:

Er to stay on topic: Ah. I see. Makes sense. <___<;
- Mike

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Eh, I would think that $300 to $500 is a bit of a fair price for something like that. We're talking about an insanely rare official Lunar item.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Oooh. Neat. o_o;
Lucia siggy~

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

*Cries* I can never get awesome Lunar merchandise like that... :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Maybe if I was rich, I would....but 300-500 dollars just for a doll (as rare as it may be) that's likely just to sit on your shelf....hm, nah.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

AlasdairPalemoon wrote:Maybe if I was rich, I would....but 300-500 dollars just for a doll (as rare as it may be) that's likely just to sit on your shelf....hm, nah.

i echo that. ::shakes fist at rich people who can afford such a thing::