Any Ebay experts here?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
localflick
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Any Ebay experts here?

Post by localflick »

I've recently fell into some financial trouble, and I'm trying to sell my stuff on Ebay, but no one is bidding on any of it. It's good stuff too! I even put up my copy of EB for Sega CD with the strategy guide :cry: <<hands in Lunar card>> I've already re-listed what hasn't sold with better listings, and still nothing is selling.

If there's any advice on how to write descriptions, or to set pricing (I went with the starting price they suggested, at half the price it usually goes for) or anything else, please let me know because everything must go so I can pay off my debts, or at least get my phone turned back on! I'm not re-listing anything else until I sell at least one item. I'm also selling a bunch of DVDs and other rare games that I have.

***Also I sent them a message because in their stock info they have Sega CD EB copyrighted at 1998, so I said it's 1994/1995. That's accurate right?***

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The reason it's not selling is the lack of case and manual. People are horrible completists. Especially with games like that. That's your likely reason. You'd probably be best to just sell them individually. You won't get enough to make it worth your while for the disc, but if you start the guide at a low price, you might make 20-30 bucks on it. Not sure what it's fetching right now.
-G1

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Yeah people are completists like that. I didn't entirely want to part with the game... I still have the case and manual, and on a completely unrelated note Gens boots up CD-Rs just fine.

If it doesn't sell again I might add the packaging, and sell the strategy guide seperately. A part of me wants to sell the PSX EB guide, because it goes for so much, but I'd never buy it back since it's usually over $100 now. And I used some of the stickers.

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

I might be interested in buying that EB + strategy guide... I'll have to discuss payment options with my mom about it. Do you have a link to the auction by any chance?

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Here's thelink

I also should have called it "Lunar 2: Eternal Blue" instead of "Lunar: Eternal Blue" I really don't know why I did that because if you search for Lunar 2 EB my listing doesn't show up. Like bad search engine optimization, it's useless if no one sees it.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

What you should have done was included the letters "EB" in there so that anyone searching for "Lunar EB" will have it come up. And you can abbreviate "with" as w/ to save space for more important words for the title. It's still a good title, just having EB in there would be good. This might be a little better:

LUNAR 2 ETERNAL BLUE EB SEGA CD w/ FREE STRATEGY GUIDE

Your's was:

Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD) with FREE Strategy Guide

The other thing, as you might see, is all caps. It gets better attention.
-G1

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

What you should have done was included the letters "EB" in there so that anyone searching for "Lunar EB" will have it come up.

I know... I've been kicking myself because I didn't even think of it in terms of SEO until just now which really sucks. Especially because in the last 4 months I've been doing a lot of it too. I've been doing a lot of air-headed things lately, but I've had a lot on my mind so eh. The next listings will be much better since I'll be putting more thought into them than, "oh crap, I've gotta get rid of all this in the next week or I'm screwed!" I'm not 100% certain, but I think the first time I listed it I did use all caps, if not than it was the other listings, but this one definitely should've had them too. Ah well.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I wouldn't go for just the disc myself. If you really want to sell it -- and yes, that means you're no longer entitled to a backup, so throw away that CD-R -- then you really should include the case and manual. And yeah, include the EB in the title. Don't bother with the 2, which isn't even part of the game's name.

If you're going to keep playing your backup then you should not sell the game.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Thanks for the advice mom.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm not gonna let this turn into an argument. The whole CD-R thing and the sarcasm issue is gonna end now; any arguments and I lock the thread. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zalbag »

Eh people shouldn't provoke period at all.

I hate when people start fights.

I'm thinking about buying it, not totally sure but if someone else bid on it I won't XD

But I do hope it sells.
I carry [Dyne's Sword]