Getting the ability to see laungages on my PC

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Getting the ability to see laungages on my PC

Post by phyco126 »

Okay, so I'm hoping one of you can help me, as I am getting no where fast. On my second PC, which runs Windows 98, I downloaded several updates from microsoft that allowed me to view foreign websites in their actual language instead of those square boxes. However, I can't seem to find anything for Windows XP, and if I can find them it would be very useful to me. Thanks in advance :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You don't download those for Windows XP, they're actually on the installation CD itself.

Go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options, then click the Languages tab. Under there you should be able to see options for installing different non-Roman language fonts. You'll probably need your installation CD for this. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Odin48
Burg Farmer

Post by Odin48 »

Heres a link explaining a bit more, if the language you want isn't listed here God help you :S

Bites Phyco back?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ah, thanks guys. Fortunately, I have a disk, but not around me at the moment, but I'll likely be installing it later this afternoon.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."