Lunar Character Tournament 2...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Well I'm gonna take Ghaleon this time.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

LuNaRtIc wrote:Voted for Ghaleon this round, and I'm a little worried for Nall next round. T^T

Looks like I'm going to have to campaign as well. xD

Of course, you're all going to help me and vote for Nall, right? :evil:

That's what I thought. ^_^

Now that Mia's out, I'm all for Nall anyway. I'd much rather see him win than the expected Luna or Lucia, so let's get at'er and see some campaigning spirit!

And yes, I also voted for Ghaleon this round.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Hiro's hanging in there. He dosn't get enough respect. One of my top 3 in Lunar History.

I'm still rooting for Zophar though!! Go Team!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm still rooting for Zophar though!! Go Team!

Zophar's already out. :P
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Lucia, one might see her as a kind and loving goddess... but you'de be wrong.

In 1999, she made it clear that her mission was to protect the very life blood of the Goddess line, even at the cost of an entire world full of life. Do you want such selfish behavior to rule Lunar-net until the next tournament? I think not. Vote Nall, for Nall understands and cares for those around him. He helped saved the world only as a child dragon, and cares for an entire group of homeless abandoned children.

Vote Nall. Vote Nall For All.

This message approved by the LuNaRtIc's commity have Nall win.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

You've heard the ad claiming Lucia was on a mission to end the world. Well, we're here to set the record straight. Our candidate is not responsible for the cruel task set upon her. And furthermore, when push came to shove, she knew, deep in her own heart, that she could not allow humanity to perish, and instead allowed herself to be captured and tormented by Zophar himself. This young woman clearly deserves a medal, and your vote.

Re-elect Lucia.

I'm Angelalex242 and I approved of this message
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Keep in mind, if it wasn't for Ghaleon, Hiro and the gang wouldn't even have made it to Zophar. Just an FYI.

But... I still think Luna will end up taking the poll. I will say, Nall and Jessica get my vote in the next matches, and I have a feeling I'll be on the loosing end of both. But that leaves an interesting scenario. Alex vs. Luna in the next round? And if Hiro were to pull off a comeback upset on Ghaleon, the other side of the bracket would be Hiro vs. Lucia? Rather interesting scenario's. But even Alex vs. Nall is an interesting fixture.

Which reminds me. Anyone have suggestions or requests for specific artwork to be used in the next few battles?
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

While that may be true, let's take a look at Ghaleon's score card.

Good:
Zapped Leo to let Lucia and co escape.
Sacrificed self to give Hiro cofidence to beat Zophar.

Bad:
Dragon abuse, including imprisoning one batch in the Grindery and stealing Auras from the other batch.
Emotional distress inflicted.
Abuse of Vile Tribe.
Magic Emporer Ghaleon.
Grindery.
Shooting Vane out of the sky.
Kidnapping Luna.
Mindraping Luna.
Mindraping Althena.
Convincing Nash to turn traitor.
Nearly killing Alex, Nall, Jessica, Kyle, Nash, Mia.

Is this the kind of man we want elected? No! This is the kind of man who should be defeated!

Re-elect Lucia.

Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Lucia:

Good
---------
1. Changed mind on destroying mankind
2. Teleported Hiro and the gang to safety

Bad
---------
1. Was photographed attempting to bathe with the male populous
2. Was willing to destroy an entire world to save to Goddess life blood
3. Left her party to die, in which an avalaunch sweept the gang down a mountain
4. Can't sing

Vote Nall for All.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Wow, those are some really convincing points you bring up Phyco, I'm definitely not going to vote for Lucia now.... GO GHALEON!!! Go, um, NALL! And Luna (who can sing)! xD

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kidnapping Luna.
Mindraping Luna.
Mindraping Althena.

These are bad things? Where's Kiz when I need him. Althena left the people living in the Frontier to waste. Ghaleon was only helping them out! Sheesh, you try and do a good deed by building a giant mechanical castle and taking over the world so that stupid Goddess can't screw it up more and a band of hero's just has to come and mess things up.
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Voted Ghaleon over Hiro.

Also, AngelAlex242, you certainly have a wonderful way with words. You should sell cars.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

The campaign ad from the Nall campaign (who should really be worrying about Luna, not Lucia, as they shouldn't count their chickens before they hatch...) is misleading, and we of the Lucia campaign will set it straight.

Good
---------
1. Changed mind on destroying mankind
2. Teleported Hiro and the gang to safety
3. Can sing, beautifully might I add.
4. Saved Neo Vane from crashing into the ground, killing all on it
5. Saved the people of Raculi from being brainwashed.
6. Ordered the Pentagulia assault, smashing Zophar's powerbase
7. Inspired such loyalty from humanity that they would go up against a dark god for her.
8. Inspired such loyalty from a human that he was willing to leave all he knew behind to cross outer space to be with her.
9. Learned, over the course of her journey, to love in her goddess form, rather then requiring to change into a mortal form several times to figure it out.
10. Through her actions, Zophar took a much larger defeat then he did when Althena banished him.
11. She could've killed Leo's soldiers when they were trying to arrest her, but she didn't, she just used a repelling shield to keep them away.
12. The Avalanche incident showed her how much she must care about humanity, and while the initial decision to leave may have been amiss, the decision to return shows her developing feelings into the kind of woman she is today.
13. And finally, unlike all the other candidates, Lucia is doing something important for the future. Reviving the Blue Star that humanity might return at last to its ancient home. It is Lucia who will guide humanity to a greater world then the one they would leave behind, Lucia who will lead them to a world, once destroyed by Althena, that will be revived by her...she is the Livegiver to this barren planet, and a place for it shall be found for every human being. It is a duty she would not abandon, even for the sake of her heart.

Bad:
1:Okay, I can't argue away the bathing with males thing. But it adds to her sex appeal, so it's probably getting us more votes then it's losing.
2:Whatever her original mission may have been, she showed the strength of character to toss it aside out of love for humanity.

Re-elect Lucia today.

Also!

PostPosted: Today - 01:30 pm Post subject:
Quote:
Kidnapping Luna.
Mindraping Luna.
Mindraping Althena.

These are bad things? Where's Kiz when I need him. Althena left the people living in the Frontier to waste. Ghaleon was only helping them out! Sheesh, you try and do a good deed by building a giant mechanical castle and taking over the world so that stupid Goddess can't screw it up more and a band of hero's just has to come and mess things up.

Is this the kind of man you want running the show? The kind of man who won't even admit his mistakes even when he's supposedly redeemed?

This is not the kind of person we need elected. This is not the kind of man who will lead wisely and justly. This is the kind of man who, given such power, may well fall into the patterns of a thousand years ago.

Don't vote for Ghaleon.

Last edited by Angelalex242 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

The bathing with males thing should certain NOT fall into the bad category. Badness in an act is generally measured by INTENT and i'm certain she wasn't thinking "hey! maybe i could sneak a peak at Hiro's naughty bits!"

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

That is certainly true! Not only did she manage to add to her sex appeal by walking on Hiro, she managed to do it in complete innocence. How many women could do THAT, I ask you? None! The other females in the contest are too worldy to duplicate such a thing.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Kidnapping Luna.
Mindraping Luna.
Mindraping Althena.

I know! And, you're also dividing out all the bad things he did, while compressing all the good! Let's have a new list...

Good:
- Led the construction of the Vane Airship
- Helped rescue the people on the Vane Airship
- Saved the world with Dyne from an evil demigod (TSS)
- Saved the world with Dyne from the insane Black Dragon (TSS)
- Distracted Leo and allowed Hiro and his party to escape
- Put Hiro in prison in Pentagulia so that he could escape (ordinarily he would've been executed)
- Distracted Zophar from following Hiro's progress as he freed the dragons
- Lost at the last moment so that Zophar would catch on too late

Bad:
- Tried to conquer the world

Althena did leave the Frontier to waste. Who's she to sentence all the Vile Tribe descendants to live in a decaying wasteland? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Angelalex242 wrote:That is certainly true! Not only did she manage to add to her sex appeal by walking on Hiro, she managed to do it in complete innocence. How many women could do THAT, I ask you? None! The other females in the contest are too worldy to duplicate such a thing.

PLUS the fact that she ISN'T worldly evokes a mans desire to "boldly go where no man has gone before"!

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

The Lucia campaign's truth in advertising comittee will now go to work.

I know! And, you're also dividing out all the bad things he did, while compressing all the good! Let's have a new list...

Good:
- Led the construction of the Vane Airship
- Helped rescue the people on the Vane Airship
- Saved the world with Dyne from an evil demigod (TSS)
- Saved the world with Dyne from the insane Black Dragon (TSS)

In spite of his supposed good deeds of the 4 heroes days, we must also remember the following:Ghaleon was the man who put the big picture first, and refused to do the little things that make life worth living. There is the story, might we add, of Dyne and Ghaleon going to save a village. Dyne noticed a puppy drowning. Dyne insisted on saving it, Ghaleon wouldn't bother. But the puppy was saved, and so was the village. In like fashion, Alex would follow Dyne's example by saving the Vile Tribe workers in the cave. Lastly, he could not accept Althena's decision to let humanity take care of itself, which is what led to most of his wrongdoing.

- Distracted Leo and allowed Hiro and his party to escape
- Put Hiro in prison in Pentagulia so that he could escape (ordinarily he would've been executed)

This is incorrect! Leo specifically asked for Hiro after the duel with Ghaleon. Stealing good deeds from Leo is unethical!
- Distracted Zophar from following Hiro's progress as he freed the dragons.
There's no evidence of this! Ghaleon doesn't appear through the entire dragon quest.
- Lost at the last moment so that Zophar would catch on too late

Bad:
In addition to all his other ills, listed in my other ad, I forgot to mention that he flat out KILLED Hiro. Killed him DEAD. About like he's doing in the tournament. Forcing our candidate to take valuable time out of her mission to revive him.

Althena did leave the Frontier to waste. Who's she to sentence all the Vile Tribe descendants to live in a decaying wasteland? KF

We of the Lucia campaign are not apologists for Althena or any of her mortal incarnations. The Luna campaign will have to take care of itself.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Lunar Character Tournament 2...

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Angelalex242 wrote:While that may be true, let's take a look at Ghaleon's score card.

Good:
Zapped Leo to let Lucia and co escape.

Oh, yeah, I remember that: Ghaleon put Leo underneath the spell I call "A Bug Zapper set to 'Overkill'". Every time I see that, I laugh so hard that soda sprays out my nose. ><

Still, it gave us a rare look at the skeletal structure of Homo sapiens super-deformus, otherwise known as the "Common Chibi."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

In addition to all his other ills, listed in my other ad, I forgot to mention that he flat out KILLED Hiro. Killed him DEAD. About like he's doing in the tournament. Forcing our candidate to take valuable time out of her mission to revive him.

You're beginning to undo your own campaign with this one. Keep in mind, by Ghaleon doing that, he forced Lucia to think more about what she was about to do. Without Ghaleon's intervention, she might have destroyed the world. He made her think that leaving Hiro to death was not right. Ghaleon knew all along that she could save him using the power at the Blue Spire. Therefor, Ghaleon was the one that made her realize what she was about to do was wrong. How 'bout them apples?

PS. This campaigning is fun!

This message is brought to you by the Defense of Ghaleon's Moral Character fund.
-G1