Please help! I need contest ideas...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Please help! I need contest ideas...

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hey all!

I'm probably the most not-creative artist I know - lol! I want to have a contest on my Deviantart page in which the top three "winners" would get artwork done by myself. I just want to do something fun and simple for the holidays, but still interactive with the people who have been nice enough to "watch" me there.

My only two ideas so far is a choose a number between 1-100... yeah, that was REAL creative ^^; And the other was to have something of scavenger hunt having to do with my artwork where I would think of 5-10 questions and people could find the answers by looking through my art. But, then I thougth maybe that was a little too vain and I don't know how fun that would be...

So, if you guys don't mind could you help me out with some brainstorming? I'd like to make an announcement tonight and announce the winners on Sunday.

Thanks and take care! :)

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

What better place for a scavenger hunt than the internet? That was a pretty cool idea, but maybe you might want to expand it some. Like post your art on different art websites, or different websites in general, then give people urls and questions about your art, or give them clues for the urls to real popular sites, then have them answer questions. I totally dig that idea and the internet is so expansive you would have limitless possibilities. Just a suggestion though...
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

I agree; scavenger hunts are fun idea.

People are stupid, though; they won't get hints to URLs.

Maybe you could make up riddles and they have to bring you a website of whatever it is; a profile of a game from a data-base, a fan-site for a movie, song lyrics, a recipe for chocolate chip cookies; that kind of thing.

But that's just me.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

You could have a jellybean counting contest. Each of the winners gets a third of the jellybeans! So... you get a jar of jellybeans, take pictures of it from a few angles, give the dimensions, and away they go!

Or you could do a series of quotes said by different people in your artwork. They'd have to guess who said what, and find a picture of it in your collection representative of them.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time