Fictional USA!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Fictional USA!

Post by Jenner »

So Kizyr and I are trying to decide what fictional people. (Movies, Games, Books, Etc NO REAL PEOPLE) Would be best suited to certain government positions to make the perfect government here in the USA.

Now Kiz says it's already been decided that Captain Picard should be president and Optimus Prime should be Secretary of State.

But our other ideas?

Well the Vice President has the all-important job of being the deciding vote in the senate in case of a tie AND according the Kizyr they also guard the space time continuum.

On that merit alone I'm thinking either Balthasar or Gasper from Chrono Trigger. Since they handle that whole responsible use and manipulation of space-time pretty well. I'm more for Balthasar then Gasper though 'cause Balthasar is willing to test you before letting you mess with physics.

Of course the Defense Minister would have to be Spekkio, Master of War. Why you might ask? 'Cause he only gives you what you're able to have not what you're able to afford. As Kizyr said, this really cuts down on excessive government spending. You want surface to air nuclear warheads? Too bad, you get ice magic.

And of course Ellen Ripley (Alien Series) get Rumfield's Job as the Secretary of Defense. Spekkio can handle funding but Ripley is in charge of tactics.

Now I think our Foreign Policy guy should be Kirby, I mean, c'mon. He can mix right in after eating their food. Kiz thinks Kirby should be UN ambassador so he can eat dissenters and vote for them.

A lot of the cabinent will just be Pikmin. 'Cause Picard doesn't really need them, mostly just give'm orders and sacrifice them. Kiz also notes that if they get unruly we could just stuff'm into plastic balls.

Environmental Protection? Well, that's The Lorax, easy.

Us Trade Representative? Guybrush Threepwood.

Kiz thinks the leader of the FBI should be Sam from Sam and Max.

While Homeland Security should be headed by Max from the same. He thinks Max would make it worth a damn.

Now I don't know if someone can hold TWO jobs. But we're also stuck as far as where to put Ghaleon. He'd be perfect for both Department of Transportation (Grinderys for EVERYONE!) Or Department of Energy (Alternative Fuel? DRAGON and SUFFERING! Take that Foreign Oil!) Just think of it, fueled by suffering. We could farm emos to power stuff, no objections, they wanna die anyway.

Secretary of Treasury? Frodo Baggins. You don't haul a priceless artifact across irrational distances against insurmontable odds. The man knows how to handle things.

that's as far as we got, what do you think?

( help with positions and their powers: http://www.whitehouse.gov/government/ )
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, that's very good! I nearly think that Guybrush Threepwood would be better as Head of the Navy (or what have you), but he does sell fine leather jackets. Then I guess I'd go for captain Marko Aleksandrovich Ramius (from Hunt for Red October). The Cold War is over, it's good that we make such a gesture.

As for the Air Force, I'd give the job to Wedge Antilles, head of Rogue Squadron. And the Coast Guard... the 2nd Admiral of Valua, Gregorio, known for his iron wall defense and noble demeanor.

I believe that Mia Fey should be the attorney general, with Phoenix Wright acting as the Solicitor General.

MacGuyver should be the chair of the House Ways and Means Committee! He'll make the budget work with limited resources!

Dr. Sam Beckett should be the Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, when he isn't stuck leaping through time.

Who is Chief Justice of the Supreme Court? Why, none other than Data! He is perfectly impartial! As well, one of the justices would be R. Daneel Olivauw for the same reason. Another appointee would be Judge Dredd, mainly for dissenting opinions.

Speaker of the House? The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire!

Feel free to countermand my suggestions.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

I say zophar for president, because he'll fix whats wrong with this country real fast and people who dont agree with him will simply disappear.

VP goes to Stg Slaughter

Kefka for secretary of defense because hes so crazy that no one will want to mess with us

My votes as members of Zophar's chiefs of staff are Darth Vader, Sephiroth, Megatron, King Koopa, Dr. Wily and Mia Ausa (gotta keep some sanity among insane individuals)

Secretary of the Air Force goes to Starscream (who else?)

Sec of Army to Steiner

Sec of Navy to Shipwreck from GI Joe

Secretary of Transportation to Sonic the Hedgehog, no more traffic

Secretary of State to Ed Hocule (Hes an NFL referee, but hes so badass everyone will give in to what he says)

Director of CIA: Roy Campbell with Solid Snake as his top operative

Director of FBI: The Punisher

Director of Homeland Security: Voltron

Head of the EPA: Captain Planet

Supreme Court Justices: Quark, Judge Dredd, Phacia, Superman, and Professor X
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sonic# wrote:Oh, that's very good! I nearly think that Guybrush Threepwood would be better as Head of the Navy (or what have you), but he does sell fine leather jackets. Then I guess I'd go for captain Marko Aleksandrovich Ramius (from Hunt for Red October). The Cold War is over, it's good that we make such a gesture.
That's a good point, I was thinking a more Take and Run type character. Maybe more Jack Sparrow or Locke Cole?
As for the Air Force, I'd give the job to Wedge Antilles, head of Rogue Squadron. And the Coast Guard... the 2nd Admiral of Valua, Gregorio, known for his iron wall defense and noble demeanor.
Okay Wedge is cool, I was thinking Starfox or Falco. Wedge works too, and he has the bonus of BEING HUMAN.
I believe that Mia Fey should be the attorney general, with Phoenix Wright acting as the Solicitor General.
I'm down with this. This is a damn good contribution.
MacGuyver should be the chair of the House Ways and Means Committee! He'll make the budget work with limited resources!
True, he is pretty handy
Dr. Sam Beckett should be the Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, when he isn't stuck leaping through time.
We've got that covered with Balthasar, so he'll have to do his job.
Who is Chief Justice of the Supreme Court? Why, none other than Data! He is perfectly impartial! As well, one of the justices would be R. Daneel Olivauw for the same reason. Another appointee would be Judge Dredd, mainly for dissenting opinions.
I prefer John Spartan over Judge Dredd, two sides of the same coin though.
Speaker of the House? The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire!

.... NO. Parappa the Rappa.
Feel free to countermand my suggestions.
I did :)
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Head of the FDA (not sure what the technical term would be)-- Monk. E. Coli scares every week.

Chief Justice-- the senile Judge from Phoenix Wright.

Speaker of the House-- Link

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I have another one...

Chairman of the Federal Reserve: Ramus. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Chairman of the Federal Reserve: Ramus. KF
I dunno. Lemina would give him a run for his money. (pun intended)
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, captain Picard as president of the United States? I second that motion. On that line, Captain Sisko should be Secritary of Defense. He did protect the worm hole pretty well for the longest time.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

phyco126 wrote:Heh, captain Picard as president of the United States? I second that motion. On that line, Captain Sisko should be Secritary of Defense. He did protect the worm hole pretty well for the longest time.
Yeah, that's a great suggestion. People always forget about (The) Sisko, but he was a fantastic captain.
*thumbs up*
And, of course Picard would be President.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Okay, since the character tournament is nearly finished, I think we should have elections for our fictional US government. How much fun would that be?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

And here's a few nominations I cooked up!

Librarian of Congress - Damon, keeper of knowledge

Health and Human Services - Dr. Mario

Speaker of the House - Eden from the tv show "Heroes." (She has the power of suggestion, so people are always compelled to do what she says.)

U.S. Army - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Education - Lemina (No budget cuts for inner city schools on HER watch!)

Secretary of Defense - Sydney Bristow (Alias)

Head of the FCC - Samara, the freaky little girl from "The Ring" (Watch the wrong movie and you die in seven days!)

Chief Justice - Elle Woods (Legally Blonde)

Homeland Security - Althena (Dark god threatening you? Blow EVERYTHING up! You can just move the survivors to the moon!)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

ilovemyguitar wrote: U.S. Army - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Ew, no way. She couldn't keep her own town from being turned into a crater of death, I would not want her being in charge of the military. Maybe Gandolf the White would be better suited.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I counter nominate Barrett as head of the Head of the FCC as long as he continues to censor himself in the way he did in FF7.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I nominate Mystere as Cheif Justice of the Supreme Court. Because he stands for justice!
-G1

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

GhaleonOne wrote:I nominate Mystere as Cheif Justice of the Supreme Court. Because he stands for justice!
Seconded. You can't get more justice in one person.
ilovemyguitar wrote: Speaker of the House - Eden from the tv show "Heroes." (She has the power of suggestion, so people are always compelled to do what she says.)
SPOILERS

I say no because she'd dead? Zombies don't belong in the government, and, well, a corpse won't do much good. Except perhaps to Cylar.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

lol the poet laureate should totally be the ancient marinere, he makes some zawesome rimes.

... hmmm, this is actually quite disturbing. I'm having trouble finding cool poet characters in movies, TV, books, or video games.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Would spoony bards count?