The Baseball Thread

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Brian
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Baseball Thread

Post by Brian »

Any other Major League Baseball fans out there? If so, what do you think is gonna happen this season?

Being in Minnesota, I throw all my support behind the Twins, even though they're in a bit of a funk right now. I have a feeling they'll bust out of it and turn their season, but we seriously need Joe Mauer back. As far as the National League goes, the St. Louis Cardinals are still my team over in that league.

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

I'm a huge baseball fan so I'm happy to see this thread.

Anyways, I've been pretty shocked by what I've seen thus far. I really think that the Brewers are going to take the NL Central (as long as Fielder and Hardy stay healthy) but the Cubs are going to make a good push at it.

In the AL I think that Boston is going to be the team to beat if anyone else wants a shot at it. Seattle is gonna take a firm third place this year. *sigh*
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I don't follow baseball as well as I have at times, but I still cheer for the Braves. And they seem to be pulling it together this season, unlike the abyss that was last season (the first time in so many years that they didn't win in their division).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Brian
Saith Pirate

Post by Brian »

Yeah, the Brew Crew have been quite the surprise so far this year. But the question is, can they keep it up?

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

I really think that this beginning surge is a sign of things to come. They may not win it all but they're certainly going to the post season.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Indians all the way, this has been one of their best seasons so far.

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Cleveland is having a great season but I really don't know if they're gonna take it all. I'm pretty disappointed with what I've seen from the AL Central. I think they're all gonna get washed out of the post season.

Brian
Saith Pirate

Post by Brian »

Here's a question to keep the thread going: What do you guys think of Interleague Play?

Personally, I love it. Its a chance to see teams you normally wouldn't see unless you got to the world series. We've got Atlanta comin up here in June (1991 World Series rematch) and i think we had the Cubs come here last year, which probably put alot of butts in seats. I love interleague play and I'd like it to stay.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Hard core Red Sox fan here. Been enjoying the season for the most part until I left the country. Haven't been able to follow them much in France, and haven't gotten caught up on how they did while I was away yet.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com