95% True, 5% implied

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

95% True, 5% implied

Post by phyco126 »

THIS IS NOT A COMIC! The title says it all, this is the crap I'm going through right now.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

While I'm laughing at the comic, I am sorry to hear that this is actually happening. That sucks pretty hard man. Hope that it gets better for you.
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Ah, that really stinks. But you shouldn't feel bad as long as you're trying. That's all you can do. And that's what I should be doing. :lol: But anyway, I hope things get better.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Haha, you and me both Phyco. >__>
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

I dunno, if your dad dressed as sharply as that, I'm sure all would be good.

On a serious note, that sucks alot. I think the first thing to establish is, are YOU happy with your current path?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Grey Fox wrote:While I'm laughing at the comic...
Heh, I'm actually able to get a chuckle out of it too. :)
TaoTeCheese wrote:I dunno, if your dad dressed as sharply as that, I'm sure all would be good.
When I was little, he used to buy $1000+ suits, which given inflation, would probably be around $1500+ today? I think? Now he just buys expensive non-suit outfits.
TaoTeCheese wrote:I think the first thing to establish is, are YOU happy with your current path?
Happy? Yes. Scared out of my freaking mind? Totally. I have SO MUCH riding on these changes and paths I have choosen. The things I am doing, I am sure would be difficult for most people, for me it's like climbing Mount Everst in sandles, shorts, and a wife beater. With 500 pounds on my back. And no oxygen. With only two people behind me telling me I can do it.
Last edited by phyco126 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Aw....stuff like that can be scary. But I'm sure you'll be fine!

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Yeah, I know exactly how you feeln Phyco. Just remember it is your life and what desicions you make are what is best for you. Don't let someones denegrating belittlement let you down and deter you from the places you want to go in life. And as long as you know you can do it. That is all that matters, there will be at least one person there to support you, if not. The road will be a little harder. And, when this is all over with and you finally have time to settle down, you know you went through this experience and learned something. Remember life is not a destination, it is a journy. I hope everything goes well for you too Phyco, it will get hard :?

On a funny note, that reminded me like a luke I am your father thing, funny comic nonetheless :P
Success is measured not by the number of trials you overcome, but the difference you can make with what you have learned from them.~rpgman~
A single rose cna be my garde, a single friend my world ~I dunno~

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I know exactly how this feels. When I was younger my dad and I used to argue all the time over my what I want to do with my life, mostly because he didn't see me being able to have a stable life as a singer. It's hard to get past the idea of the stereotypical starving artist who waits tables to make ends meet.

Fortunately, I won that argument, and have proven myself right over the last several years.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Tell your dad to grow up and stop trying to mold you. that stage is over. you're an adult now and you make your own decisions and follow the paths YOU choose. you have control over your life ultimately and if you really want it badly enough you could probably grit through it and get what you want anyway. you'd be amazed at what someone can do when they must. make sure he knows this, too.

You won't get respect if you don't demand it. remember that.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

RPGMan wrote: On a funny note, that reminded me like a luke I am your father thing, funny comic nonetheless :P
ACtually, it was supposed to, thus the light saber and hand comment.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I know exactly how this feels. When I was younger my dad and I used to argue all the time over my what I want to do with my life, mostly because he didn't see me being able to have a stable life as a singer. It's hard to get past the idea of the stereotypical starving artist who waits tables to make ends meet.

Fortunately, I won that argument, and have proven myself right over the last several years.
That sheds an interesting new light on your Kyle sig... or maybe the other way around. ;)

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Kyle sig?

Oooo yay I am glad I got the innuendo then phyco =p I am told, even now, that I will amount to nothing, and I won't be able to fufill my dreams. The only people I have to beleive in me is My friend Brad, And his mom Deb. She is like my second mom. But how I see it? Fugg em, I know that I can do it if I put my effort into it. Where there is a will there is a way.
Success is measured not by the number of trials you overcome, but the difference you can make with what you have learned from them.~rpgman~
A single rose cna be my garde, a single friend my world ~I dunno~

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Alunissage wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote:I know exactly how this feels. When I was younger my dad and I used to argue all the time over my what I want to do with my life, mostly because he didn't see me being able to have a stable life as a singer. It's hard to get past the idea of the stereotypical starving artist who waits tables to make ends meet.

That sheds an interesting new light on your Kyle sig... or maybe the other way around. ;)
Ha! I'd completely forgotten about that scene!

My love of Kyle as a character really stems from how he helps keep the game lighthearted. In the original TSS, he was added to the party right when the story started heading down some dark territory. Without his crazy sexist and drunken antics to spice things up, I'm sure the party dialogue would have started to get painfully melodramatic. Plus he had some of the best lines in SSSC.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, he was somehow likeable even being a sexist jerk most of the time. And he did have some great lines, of the sort that I'm disapproving of but can't help laughing at anyway. I identified most with Jess (of course - that temper!) when I first played, so maybe some of her regard for him leaked back as reluctant fondness. He's more grown-up and respectable in TSS in some regards, but his goofy not-too-bright but covertly caring personality came out in SSSC. With that uncharacteristic flash of cleverness with the airship engine.

Then you got Legend where he got drunk on food and talked Jess into indulging in peach soda, or something like that. Hahaha.

Oh, and I was going to use images from TSS showing how Lyton's villager said his voice hurt, but those weren't included in the screenshot section. :P

Iga
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Iga »

Wow, haven't been around here in quite some time. Anyway, I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through right now, Phyco. I hope that whatever path you choose to take in this situation, that you won't regret it and that it'll make things better for your life.

Oh, and great comic too. :P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Thanks guys, really. After a while, I was finally able to get over it, and my family has resumed negotiations. Whatever happens, happens. :)

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

phyco126 wrote:Thanks guys, really. After a while, I was finally able to get over it, and my family has resumed negotiations. Whatever happens, happens. :)
Ask for some bribes
To have no fear, you must know fear.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Alunissage wrote:Oh, and I was going to use images from TSS showing how Lyton's villager said his voice hurt, but those weren't included in the screenshot section. :P
I'm still upset that his line to Royce following (or directly preceding?) the battle with Plaster Mel in SSSC, after he defeats her spell with a primal yell, isn't in the screenshots section either!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

BattleMedic wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Thanks guys, really. After a while, I was finally able to get over it, and my family has resumed negotiations. Whatever happens, happens. :)
Ask for some bribes
No need, my stepmom called me about an dhour and a half ago and apologized to me for all of this, and I apologized to her for some of the stuff I said. Then I found out that my dad will buy me the laptop for school, if I give my desktop to my sister and help her buy a new moniter. Alrighty.

My sister was speechless, I was shocked, and my mother just about spit her food out when I told her about it when she got home. Yeah.

It's intresting really, I had gotten over it and everything and moved on.