Members Photos Reboot Version 5

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I took a couple new pictures of myself.

Behold!

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Check it kids. :lol: :lol:
Choose Your Weapon

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, as soon as I saw that picture I instantly started to play "Iron Man" in my head, lol.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Dirty bathroom, shame on those girls. Not the best picture in the world, but, it is the only one of me that I have right now that is recent. :)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.shannoncs.com/thanksgiving/p ... C_0183.htm

From about a week and a half ago. There's more pics from my Thanksgiving vacation in there too.
-G1

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

grrrr.. you have all that nice, beautiful white snow especially for the holidays. Sigh.. and I am stuck in this damn heat in FL >< Next Christmas I am going somewhere cold... maybe Hokkaido...

Nice pics btw ^^
Image"Sample my goods!!"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, I don't live there. That was like 10,000 feet above sea level on vacation. I'll be here in Kansas for Christmas.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

AnimeJei wrote:grrrr.. you have all that nice, beautiful white snow especially for the holidays. Sigh.. and I am stuck in this damn heat in FL >< Next Christmas I am going somewhere cold... maybe Hokkaido...

Nice pics btw ^^
I grew up in Indiana, home of the horrendous phenomenon known as "lake effect snow," which is when precipitous weather patterns travel south across the Great Lakes and dump ungodly amounts of snow on that region of the midwest. This is made worse by the fact that that region is almost entirely flat; snow drifts are a very real problem once there's enough snow to blow around.

Trust me, the snow seems nice and all, but it's only good for one thing: looking at it while you sit inside by a fire wearing a sweater and drinking hot chocolate. Beyond that, all it does is make life difficult. Driving in it is dangerous, and even going out in it requires ridiculous preparation (shoveling the driveway, scraping ice off your car, all those layers of clothes, etc).

I'm glad I live in Florida now. I don't have to shovel rain.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

yeah, snow sucks.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You guys suck. Snow rules!
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Vacuums suck. Snow is cool!

It'd be a nuisance if it happened all the time and interfered with work schedules and getting stuff done on a regular basis. But around here, it's been happening less and less. The snows we've gotten in the past few years have been piddly. The last good substantial one I've seen was three years ago. By substantial, I mean more than three inches on the ground at once.

Overall, pretty sad. So when it does come, it's special.

And phyco, you look very... your head is tilted one way, and your right arm is slung out a bit. It's like you're about to make me give you a piggy back ride.

And G1 looks mickeytastic as always. And all those pictures of scenery... I don't know when I'll get to see them in person. But I definitely want to.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Piggy back rides are cool!

Snow is great to a point. Now, I wouldn't know anything about layers of clothes (see below), but driving in it is more of a hassel when there are people around you who DON'T know how to drive in it. Which is nearly everyone here. Gah. And tracking the snow into your house, especially on carpets. *shiver* More than one time my poor sock wearing foot was assasinated by a wet spot of snow on the carpet.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Hahahahahahaha :) We're still almost nil on snow :)
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

ilovemyguitar wrote: I grew up in Indiana, home of the horrendous phenomenon known as "lake effect snow," which is when precipitous weather patterns travel south across the Great Lakes and dump ungodly amounts of snow on that region of the midwest. This is made worse by the fact that that region is almost entirely flat; snow drifts are a very real problem once there's enough snow to blow around.
That's what you get for living in the Region:D. It wasn't too bad where I grew up. However, I lived in such in an unpopulated yet large area that a 6 inch snow fall would generally put a halt to the area for a while.

Here in Bloomington (where I reside now), we still haven't had the first snow. We're supposed to get some tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited about it. Snow makes winter bearable.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

We already had some snow fall, no more than an inch so far in the worst one, which didn't even last the whole night.

Actually, it has been non-surprisingly warm, and when I say warm, I say spring warm. It has been insane. We have had some really bitter cold come through, but that is normal. This that we have had so far isn't normal. I mean, it rained on the 1st of December. I'm sorry, but I don't ever remembering it raining... IN DECEMBER!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Phyco, I didn't think they had all that much snow even up in the high area's around the ski resorts to be honest. I was in Frisco for one night (10 miles from Breckenridge) and while there was a covering of snow, there were a few bald patches where you could see ground still. That's kind of unusual. But then, Estes Park had snow on the ground when they usually only have snow on the ground after recent snowstorms, so yeah.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, ski resorts are hurting a little right now, a local radio station does discount bus rides and ski passes to them a few times per winter, but because of the lack of snow they had to cancel one already.

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

::phases through like a shadow of a dream, gone as quickly as he came, a phantom of a board moderator from days of yore::

Nice pictures, everyo-- ......
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

*pokes Eric*

Get back here and post darnit.

:)

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

I'm originally from Detroit, MI and remember all the snow and seen it a few times when visiting family. But I didn't get too much while there but had a BIG taste of it again when in Hokkaido.. I think it was the first time I had to wear spiked shoes ^^
Image"Sample my goods!!"