Sad yet heart-warming news

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sad yet heart-warming news

Post by phyco126 »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22013748/?gt1=10547

This is the kind of stuff that I don't mind when it comes to the issues of illegal immigrants.

I feel for that boy, I can only imagine the pain he must be feeling for the loss of his mother. As for the man who discovered him, he honestly risked his entire trip for that boy. While I don't like illegal-immigrants, I also don't like how they are generally treated as hardened-gonna rape you- criminals either. This man should truely be rewarded for what he did.

The same goes for all who give selflessly to help another.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

What a good hearted person! I really don't mind illegal immigration to a point.. though I have friends in places like Japan having a hard time going through the correct process to come to the US. Anyway, I don't mind it but sometimes I feel we are almost forced to learn a new language when the ones coming in should make an effort to learn English. But yes, sad but good story.
Image"Sample my goods!!"

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

when people say illegal immigrant, they mean mexicans. mexicans are not the whole of the group.

and i have never met a mexican immigrant that i didn't like. i've worked with them in restaurants and served them in walmart. the drug peddlers and rapists are atypical of the group. shockingly, like they are atypical of americans.

all the ones i've met so far have been like that man. here to feed their families and make better lives for themselves. and considering how dangerous it is to get here for them, i'm amazed anyone begrudges them.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

AnimeJei wrote:What a good hearted person! I really don't mind illegal immigration to a point.. though I have friends in places like Japan having a hard time going through the correct process to come to the US. Anyway, I don't mind it but sometimes I feel we are almost forced to learn a new language when the ones coming in should make an effort to learn English. But yes, sad but good story.
illegal immigrants make it harder for people to move here LEGALLY. the people that try to do it the right way have to do a lot of waiting because of it. why? because with the mexicans we'll just sit them back there so they can just keep trying. no punishment. it's pretty dumb.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I never said anything about illegal immigrants being limited to Mexicans. Those money hungry Canadians are our biggest problems. =O

Just kidding. I have known my fair share of illegals, and they are really nice people. However, there is still problems with the fact that they are illegal, and the subject as a whole isn't nor shouldn't be black and white as everyone thinks it is.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

I say we need to get physical. Right now the mindset is "if i get caught, i'll just have to go back home." and that leads to thinking "what do i have to lose?"

if our border patrol starts taking them out, the mindset will become "i can try to get into america, but i could get shot in the process." and that would definitely lead to less people trying to come here illegally.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

It's a very touchy issue. Like I said, I don't mind so much and it's not limited to just one race but the majority that do come to the US illegally is Mexican or Spanish, I know several living nearby. Anyway, like I said, theproblem I have is the language thing. Everything is put into Spanish.. it's fine if they want to speak their "mother" language but to have eveything changed here for that language.. what about Japanese? Chinese? French? Italian? They don't get catered to as much and if I was them I'd be pissed. Also I agree, Mexican workers work their arse off. It just irks me to see friends around the work going through hell to get here and others just sneaking in. I know it's been a melting pot here for a long long time but they should put things in all languages.. not just one (outside of English).
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Mexicans certainly do have a major work ethic. i've seen really skinny mexican women work really hard practically all day long in 90 degree weather.

...how the hell do you make the degree symbol?

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote: if our border patrol starts taking them out, the mindset will become "i can try to get into america, but i could get shot in the process." and that would definitely lead to less people trying to come here illegally.
'Cause that wouldn't cause an international incident at all.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

there's logic involved. the same logic as the signs that say "no trespassing. violators will be shot."

when you realise that sign/policy exists, then you take your own risks. the rest of the world SHOULD (not saying they can) understand that.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I understand your logic. I'm just saying that it would not end well for any party involved.

Also, I've never seen signs that say violators will be shot. I've seen ones that say "Beware of Dogs," but that's it. Shooting a trespasser (unless in self-defense) is not legal. It's at least what... manslaughter, maybe second degree murder.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Maybe the legal immigrants should have protests against illegal immigrants *shrugs* America is too lenient when it comes to this.. if I were to sneak into another country (of course it only applied to certain countries) and live their without going through the right procedures.. what would happen to me?
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

considering how this country acts about the subject, i wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with you getting your hand smacked and a talking to so you all share a damned Full House moment.