Change music

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.

do you lessen to your own music while playing

NO
71%
YES
29%

Total votes: 7

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Change music

Post by lutomboy »

When playing Lunar do you mute the TV so you can lessen to your own music like Rock, classical exedra
I normally beat the game the first time then I will mute the TV then I will just play my own sound track mostly classic rock or hard rock
Do you do the same

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Change music

Post by DezoPenguin »

Nope. There are games where I do this (I can't play anything from Expose's self-titled album without immediately thinking of Phantasy Star III due to one epic eight-hour gaming session on the day I got the CD for that precise reason), but Lunar isn't one of them. Except I have been known to mute the TV and slip on something during that awful WHOMP-WHOMP-WHOMP Dragon Cave music that Iwadare just will not let die.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

It's "listen." ^_^

I don't for RPGs, because I always find the music great to listen to. But I will definitely do this for some strategy games (generic music) and a lot of sports or racing games (unoriginal music, so I may as well listen to my own stuff).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Yeah, I don't change music for RPGs either. It would completely ruin the atmosphere for me.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

i don't, unless the soundtrack is oppressive. phantast star 3's soundtrack is, so when i first played it, back in high school, i ran the radio.

now the sounds that were popular at the time invariably remind me of chilling in my room in high school, playing phantasy star.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I've never been one to put my own music on when playing a game, especially Lunar (which has the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a game so far).

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

In RPGs or action games, I don't unless I have to grind battle to earn a little extra money/experience, or I was stuck on a certain part. You know, to save my sanity.
To have no fear, you must know fear.