LEGO games

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

LEGO games

Post by lutomboy »

Has anyone played Starwars Lego
I am in the middle of playing it for the PSP and it is a really good game and is vary funny
If you have $20 I reamed you pick it up defiantly worth the money

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: LEGO games

Post by phyco126 »

Lego disappoints me, actually. I grew up on them, very customizable in what you can do, a lot of freedom. Now, it went from a hands on experience to a digital one, and the hands on has gone south.

Before, you buy a set and it was 500000 trillion pieces and a massive book telling you where each one went. Now, the sets are 5 pieces, as most of them are just wall segments and what not (versus having to use tiny bricks to build a wall.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I think LEGO's are boring and are have probably been part of the reason the "hands on has gone south" for a lot of kids. :lol:

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

i meant the Starwars Lego GAME :lol:

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

lutomboy wrote:i meant the Starwars Lego GAME :lol:

I know. They seem to be doing a lot of LEGO video games. I don't quite get it.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The Lego Star Wars games are very charming. They have a ... refreshing way of storytelling, its puzzles are neither too easy nor too hard... and ... it's just fun to play.

phyco, they still have many of the basic lego kind of sets available. You just have to look. And a lot of the themed ones are pretty good, more than five pieces. I've bought my brother several of the starfighter ones, for example, and while it's easy to build them, it's even more fun sometimes to take the pieces apart, pool them together, and build one giant monstrocity of a ship. ^_^

So... I'd have to say, even now, legos aren't boring. It's all how you play with them. ... which I still do. (Them and blocks, oh yeah.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I was never too into Legos.

Play-Doh ftw!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

K'nex are amazingly versatile. A student in my high school physics class made at least two of his projects using K'nex.

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

My friends like to play this game called Brikwars ( http://www.brikwars.com/ ), it's like a customizable war hammer with legos. I like watching them play, I think I might get into it eventually.
To have no fear, you must know fear.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I love building things out of legos. I would spend hours, building and rebuilding things. Those $50 sets? I would build them, take them apart, and pool the pieces together from other sets to build something new. I ended up making a rather large boat fleet out of all the pieces before running out of versatile enough pieces.

Me and my Best friend used to build large castles and have some fun fights with them. I usually unded up with my 6 lego men's heads on spears just outside my now-destroyed fort... hehehe. 6 ragtags versus 20+ fully armored soldiers.

Ah, the FUN days.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

Ya I miss the good old days spent building thing not even I could identify but looked good I wonder what ever happened to my lego’s
And if you did not know they are making a LEGO Batman with the joker as one of the main bad guy’s

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

lego.com <---- There they have everything. Plus, there is a 3D program that you can DL from Lego.com for free that allows you to build stuff, then send it in for them to send you all the parts you need to build it in real life.