What video game systems do you guys have?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What video game systems do you guys have?

Post by AlexHiro4 »

What video game systems do you guys have? I didn't want to make this one a poll because I'd probably forget several older systems. Anyway, these are mine. Home Consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Nintendo Wii, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation, and Playstation 2. Portable Systems: Gameboy (the ORIGINAL), Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, and Sega Game Gear. I have two TV's in my room just so I can hook up all of my home consoles at once. Boy, now THAT is a fire hazzard waiting to happen!
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: What video game systems do you guys have?

Post by phyco126 »

Why two DSs?

I have... NES, Sega, Sega CD (doesn't work, but I got it anyway for free :P), Playstation, and Xbox for consoles.

I have... GBC, GBA, and 2 DS Lites (Accidently bought 1 too many ><; ) for portables

I have... I home built computer for hardcore PC games, and a laptop for school, but it runs the older games just fine when in-between classes. :) Not WHY I wanted the laptop, but so much diskspace that needed to be filled! And so much BOREDOM when you have 2 hours between classes and you are not only caught up, but ahead on studying.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Let's see...

Consoles: NES (x2), SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, PS1, PS2, GC (x2), Wii, and the 360.

Handhelds: GBP (Game Boy Pocket), GBA, NDS, and PSP.

I have 2 nintendos because one of them has no cords. I have two Gamecubes because one of them is partially broke. I used to have the original GB and a GBC, but I gave both of those to friends.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

phyco126 wrote:Why two DSs?
I had a regular DS first and I thought the DS lite looked cool, so I asked for it for my birthday. I don't sell or trade systems because I like to collect them, so that's why I didn't get rid of my other DS after I upgraded.
phyco126 wrote:Not WHY I wanted the laptop, but so much diskspace that needed to be filled! And so much BOREDOM when you have 2 hours between classes and you are not only caught up, but ahead on studying.
You should take up ping pong :wink: . It's GREAT for filling up that two hour void between classes. I practically LIVED in the gameroom when I was in college. Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Let's see, I have:

An Atari 7800. It's the first system I ever had, some of my favorites include One on One Basketball (featuring Larry Bird and Dr. J), Mario Bros (in the manual Mario's stated occupation is carpenter!) and Combat (so classic).

An NES. The thing hardly works at all by now, but it provided me with many fond memories. River City Ransom is probably my favorite NES game.

A GameBoy. I never actually used it all that much, but I did enjoy Tetris and Kirby's Dream Land.

A SNES. In many ways this is the first system I really got into playing. It's also the system on which I first experienced the RPG genre (with Secret of Mana and Breath of Fire).

A PlayStation. Since I never had a chance to play the Sega CD Lunar games, this is the system that introduced me to the series. It's also the system where Growlanser (my favorite game of all time) appeared.

An N64. I mostly enjoyed the multiplayer games on this system like Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye and Super Smash Bros.

A Saturn. I actually didn't get this until well after the system's lifespan was over. The main reason I got it was in order to play Langrisser IV.

A GBA (non SP). Nice games, but such a pain to play on the non-backlit screen.

A PlayStation 2. A system with plenty of quality games, I'm sure that one day I look back on my PS2 nostalgically much the way I look back on the SNES now.

A DS. It's nice not just for DS games themselves, but also to play GBA games on a quality screen.

A Wii. My most recent system acquisition. So far most of what I've played has been the multiplayer games. I've also been pretty amazed at how well it actually does manage to hold the interest of "non-gamers"

I suppose I'm cheating a bit in that a few of the systems I listed (mostly the older ones) I don't actually have on me, but are instead at my parents house.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Home Consoles: Broken (maybe...) NES, Sega Genesis, Broken (definitely) Sega CD, SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Wii

Portables: Original model Gameboy, Gameboy Advance SP, and Nintendo DS

This weekend, I had a chance to buy a Saturn for 20 dollars, but I decided that the only games I really wanted for it would cost me at least 40 more dollars.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We have doubles of some systems since my husband and I had bought our own before we combined households. Let's see if I can remember this accurately: NES, SNES (2), N64, GC (2) with GB Players (one NA, one Japanese), Wii, GBA (3), DS (2 - one original, one Lite); Sega Genesis with model 2 SegaCD, Sega CDX, Saturn (2 - NA and Asian), Dreamcast; PlayStation (2), PS2 (3 - Japanese, working NA, broken NA); TurboGrafx16 with CD (NA), PCEngine Duo (Japanese). I think that's it. Except for one of the PS2s, everything is functioning.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

In order of appearance:

Genesis: My first real system (I'd had a computer before). Tons of good memories. Skills at games like Sonic that will never die, though funnily enough I never did actually own any of my favorite RPGs, including Phantasy Star.

Sega Nomad: A portable Genesis. I mostly used it when traveling. With the TV hookup cables and a second controller, it works really well. Batteries cost a lot though. :/

Playstation: This was a fairly big surprise, but not an unwelcome one. This was when I really got into RPGs, and also played some other games (racing ones, Spyro the Dragon) a lot.

Dreamcast: The Sonic games, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II (which I played before I found Grandia), and Soul Caliber. It was such a shame that the system had to go under....

Playstation 2: Even more RPGs! And actually, more RPGs than anything else this time. By then, I started having a little less time to play games, even though I was still in high school.

Gameboy Advance: A very fun system, even though my game choices for it (including the GBC Lufia) were often poor.

Gamecube (1): Yay! I got this system mainly for the games I could play with my brother. Most recently, that has included Sonic Riders, where we just recently unlocked Nights and other characters.

Gamecube (2): The first Gamecube stopped reading discs.

Nintendo DS: I wanted to play Lunar DS. After the disappointment, I consoled myself with Sonic Rush and Phoenix Wright.

SNES: I wanted to play Earthbound again, which I hadn't done since I was at a friend's house a long time ago.

Wii: ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, we have a nifty student lounge where we can jump on the net, watch the game on a big screen TV, eat... but no game room. :( Else I would be the champion of ping pong! Forest Gump wouldn't have anything on me. =P

Well that makes sense about the two DSs, trying to get rid of my duplicat one.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

I have a Playstation 1, 2, and 3. A PSP, Snes, N64, Gamecube, X-Box, All the Gameboys but micro. And im getting a Wii soon. Out of all those consoles, I play my Snes and PS3 the most. :D

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Sonic, as far as the Dreamcast going under, yes it is a shame. Why is it such a shame? Because the Dreamcast didn't fail us. WE failed the Dreamcast.

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

I gots a PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, NGC, Wii, as far as consoles go.

Hand helds, GBA, GBAspx2, DS, Ds lite, and a PSP.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Intellivision (was my dads technically, but I ended up with it)
NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
Genesis
Sega CD
JVC Sega CD (sold a while back)
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2 (just gave it to a friend recently, as the PS3 runs past games)
Sony Playstation 3
Xbox360 (which gave me the red rings of death right after buying Halo 3, warranty will cover hopefully)
Commodore 64 (yeah yeah, computer, but it was a hell of a game machine)

Portables:
GameBoy original (though stolen now)
Nomad (sold it a while back)
GameBoyAdvance
Nintendo DS
Virtual Boy
-G1

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

GhaleonOne wrote:Intellivision (was my dads technically, but I ended up with it)
Sony Playstation 2 (just gave it to a friend recently, as the PS3 runs past games)
Do you have the 60 gig PS3 or do all versions run PS1 and PS2 games? Someone once told me that the 60 gig was that only one with backwards compatibility.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_3

You can check out the chart halfway down the article. I didn't know that they made some of the systems noncompatible with PS2 games. Apparently the 40 gig version works this way, and the ones that work off of software emulation don't work with as many games as they could.

And for systems currently in production, only the 80 gig offers PS2 compatibility. >_<
Sonic, as far as the Dreamcast going under, yes it is a shame. Why is it such a shame? Because the Dreamcast didn't fail us. WE failed the Dreamcast.
Could you elaborate a little? I don't quite understand what you're going for. Is it because we didn't buy enough Dreamcast hardware and software?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

+ Sega Genesis
+ Sega Saturn
+ Sega Dreamcast
+ Nintendo64
+ Playstation
+ Two Playstation 2's
+ Gamecube
+ Xbox
+ Xbox 360
+ Gameboy
+ Gameboy Advanced
+ Nintendo DS

Coming Soon: Nintendo Wii :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Hmm... I only keep what I use or that works. So right now I have...
NDS,PSP,and PS3. Not much I know but I've got tons of games and a 40 inch Samsung LCD TV. not sure what model it is but I've got my computer,psp, and PS3 all pluged into it. got them all within 4 months? It's my great gaming cycle.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm kind of wondering how "we" is supposed to be construed myself, since I doubt it had as much to do with the consumers (gamers) as it did with the producers.

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

An XBox 360, playstation 2, and a decent gaming computer. It's all I need.
To have no fear, you must know fear.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

i have the
NES
SNES
SEGA/CD/64
PC
PS2
PSP
DS
Atari