What was your best April Fools' Day prank?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What was your best April Fools' Day prank?

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I'm sorry that this is a couple of days late. I'm sure we've all pulled lots of April Fools' pranks over the years, but what do you think is the best one you've ever done? Mine was several years ago. My dad and I used to use the exact same deoderant. I saved one of my empty deoderant containers, filled it with syrup, and switched it with my dad's deoderant. My dad was NOT a happy camper that morning. Mom thought it was funny though. Lol.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Re: What was your best April Fools' Day prank?

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

When i was like...11 or so I was bored and had to be on a tractor with my stepdad. He got out of it to get a couple of sodas for us and i pissed on every inch of the plastic thing that covers the tractor wheel that you basically HAVE TO TOUCH to get back into the tractor cab. :lol:

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:When i was like...11 or so I was bored and had to be on a tractor with my stepdad. He got out of it to get a couple of sodas for us and i pissed on every inch of the plastic thing that covers the tractor wheel that you basically HAVE TO TOUCH to get back into the tractor cab. :lol:
Wow, that's gross. He must have been...PISSED. <laughs sarcastically> Ah, I love ironic humor.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I'm not really an April Fool's person. I've never done anything worth mentioning. My mom used to get me all the time. My mom forgot about it this year, and I'm really happy she did. I completely forgot it too until I came here. ^^'

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I wanted to show up at work with full tactical riot police gear, complete with the riot shields. Instead of Police, it would say Security. Just lack of money ('cause I wasn't gonna get cheap knockoffs, I was gonna order from the police catelog) and time didn't make it happen. I mean, bullet proof vests alone cost upwards to $400 - $800 dollars. :(

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote:http://www.lunar-net.com/fhs.php
was our best. KF
Haha, yeah. People are still angry about that one I think.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

The only prank I’ve ever really pulled was the:

“Hey your shoes untied!”

However my skill in that prank is actually pathetic because I never examine my targets well so I get replies like…

“I’m wearing sandals” or “I’m not wearing any shoes.”

*sigh*

T^T One day I’ll do a good prank though.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just realized those magazine scans for the FHS joke weren't showing up. They're there now.

BTW, did anyone see the Zelda movie trailer that IGN did for their April Fools?
-G1

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

GhaleonOne wrote:Just realized those magazine scans for the FHS joke weren't showing up. They're there now.

BTW, did anyone see the Zelda movie trailer that IGN did for their April Fools?
I saw it advertised on myspace as a new video but I didn’t check it out xP

It would be cool to have a Zelda movie though.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

I proposed to my wife on April Fool's Day, 1998. :D Of course, that wasn't a prank (well, the concept of me finding a lifelong love is kind of a major joke in it's own way, but you know what I mean)...

Come to think of it, the next year was when I received an offer to take my current job.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

DezoPenguin wrote:I proposed to my wife on April Fool's Day, 1998. :D Of course, that wasn't a prank (well, the concept of me finding a lifelong love is kind of a major joke in it's own way, but you know what I mean)...
I nearly had the same idea with Jenner. If I could, I would have totally waited until this day to do it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

was our best. KF
Yeah, if I'd been a member back then I would have more pissed off than John McEnroe after losing a tennis match.
phyco126 wrote:I wanted to show up at work with full tactical riot police gear, complete with the riot shields. Instead of Police, it would say Security. Just lack of money ('cause I wasn't gonna get cheap knockoffs, I was gonna order from the police catelog) and time didn't make it happen. I mean, bullet proof vests alone cost upwards to $400 - $800 dollars. :(
If you'd pulled that one off you'd be my new hero.
DezoPenguin wrote:I proposed to my wife on April Fool's Day, 1998. :D Of course, that wasn't a prank (well, the concept of me finding a lifelong love is kind of a major joke in it's own way, but you know what I mean)...
That's a good idea. I've been considering asking my girlfriend to marry me (we've been together for almost two years now). Maybe I should wait until April Fools' day, pretend like I'm about to break up with her, and then propose instead. Well, maybe not that second part....she'd probably kick me in the nuts for that one.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I've never really gotten anyone with a truly great April Fool's joke, but I remember my Dad getting my older sister pretty good when I was little. It was a really simple trick, but it was hilarious.

We were all sitting down to eat dinner, and my dad looks up at my sister and says, "You should go wash your face for dinner." My sister, being an insecure pubescent preteen girl at the time, naturally scampered off to the bathroom to wash her face post-haste. She came back, and my dad looked at her strangely again and said he was serious when he said she should wash her face. Insecure sister runs off and washes face again. She comes back, and my dad tells her she really should wash her face and neck. So insecure sister runs off again, washes face again, and comes back to the table, only to have my dad say "April fools" the second she sits down. Everyone had a laugh, and good times were had by all.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

AlexHiro4 wrote:
was our best. KF
Yeah, if I'd been a member back then I would have more pissed off than John McEnroe after losing a tennis match.
phyco126 wrote:I wanted to show up at work with full tactical riot police gear, complete with the riot shields. Instead of Police, it would say Security. Just lack of money ('cause I wasn't gonna get cheap knockoffs, I was gonna order from the police catelog) and time didn't make it happen. I mean, bullet proof vests alone cost upwards to $400 - $800 dollars. :(
If you'd pulled that one off you'd be my new hero.
That's a good idea. I've been considering asking my girlfriend to marry me (we've been together for almost two years now). Maybe I should wait until April Fools' day, pretend like I'm about to break up with her, and then propose instead. Well, maybe not that second part....she'd probably kick me in the nuts for that one.
Wait longer. You'll be glad you did.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

was our best. KF
I wasn't a member of the boards at the time, but I visited LNet a lot before finally joining the threads. I remember seeing this and all the hype on the front page. SO cruel! :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:
I nearly had the same idea with Jenner. If I could, I would have totally waited until this day to do it. KF
Heh heh, I was already on to you sweetheart. But, I would have played along. I'm just glad you finally got the nerve to do it, I was thinking of proposing to you myself on my way down there.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

>.>

i hate april fools pranks.

yes, jenner and kiz. i'm eyeing you guys.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

meg wrote:>.>

i hate april fools pranks.

yes, jenner and kiz. i'm eyeing you guys.
Oh, come on! The Mooninite thing was barely anything! There was actually a lot of activity on the boards that day as we gallivanted about stirring up trouble. We're like a heterosexual version of Team Rocket that occasionally succeeds.

But, your griping has given me a brilliant idea! Kizyr and I could easily arrange it so we're getting married on April Fools day and make you all nervous. OMG, even better! Svet could get in on it too! Svet-Kun you in? Double-Wedding on April Fools day next year? I happen to know a very good Elvis impersonator! xD It'll be BRILLIANT! Bwahahahaha-inhale!-HAHAhaha!
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I don't know. I don't want people to be all like, "Hey, why'd you get married on April Fools?" Or...

Me: "It's my anniversary."
Person: "April Fools...?"

... though it will give me a reason to be angry. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time