HELP! There is a bush in my back yard and it won't go away!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

HELP! There is a bush in my back yard and it won't go away!

Post by phyco126 »

Seriously, I'm not joking. President Bush was here today for the Air Force Acadamy Graduation. I think the last time he was here was 4 years ago when I worked for a hotel. They used our place as a point of communication operations. Got a nifty certificate from the White House Communications Agency too. Ever see Secret Service talk to you? I have, it was nifty.

Any ideas though for getting rid of this weed? :lol:

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Re: HELP! There is a bush in my back yard and it won't go away!

Post by Jenner »

phyco126 wrote:Seriously, I'm not joking. President Bush was here today for the Air Force Acadamy Graduation. I think the last time he was here was 4 years ago when I worked for a hotel. They used our place as a point of communication operations. Got a nifty certificate from the White House Communications Agency too. Ever see Secret Service talk to you? I have, it was nifty.

Any ideas though for getting rid of this weed? :lol:
Yes, apply ample amounts of Barack Obama to White House.
Mix in 3 parts predominantly democratic congress
Add in one serving of uncorrupted Attorney General.
Stir in over three thousand charges of corruption, perjury, obstruction of justice and war crimes.

Simmer until dead.
Last edited by Jenner on Thu May 29, 2008 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Voting helps. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

It was a joke =P. A pun of his name. A horrible, horrible pun.

Either way, I thought it was funny. And yes, I am voting for Obama.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I edited my post, now it's even better.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote:It was a joke =P. A pun of his name. A horrible, horrible pun.

Either way, I thought it was funny. And yes, I am voting for Obama.
Honestly, I knew that this topic was going be about the Prez. (Prez Dispenser?) from the moment that I saw it.

Also, I hope that you'll vote for Hilary if she turns out to be the nominee. I'm not saying that McCain isn't better than with what we've got now. He's still too conservative for me though.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I don't dislike McCain, but he still isn't what I want. Hillary or Obama is fine, but Obama caught my eye a bit more.

To be honest, I liked bush at first, if I was of age to vote I would have voted for him last election. However, he really isn't doing much of a good job at the moment. I'm not saying there is much that he could do for us, but some of his comments and denials about certain things really have put me off.

Seriously though, I couldn't pass up the pun.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Hillary has this insane and conniving look about her. She doesn't look trustworthy at all.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

she may not look trustworthy, but mccain has pretty much promised to be bush's third term. i'd like to keep what few reproductive rights i have.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Agreed. I prefer Obama to Clinton, but I prefer Clinton to McCain definitely. I may not love her personality, but she's an intellegent woman (more than I can say for the man who's currently in charge...) and stands for a lot of things that I personally agree with.
-Nobi

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I would've voted for McCain over Clinton, if this was the McCain of 4 years ago. But, in his attempt to shore up the Republican's conservative base, he's gone down a route I really do not like. He hasn't gone really right-wing, so I like that much (e.g., rejecting a few endorsements, even). Yet, he:
- has gone back on his pledge against the use of torture
- is committed to keeping us in Iraq
- is committed to increasing defense spending (related)
- supports the gas tax holiday (an utterly horrible idea)

Also, my main issue is civil rights. While I would've liked McCain a while back, I have no reason now to think he'll be concerned about my rights as either of the Democrats would be (he doesn't even have a statement about that on his page...). I'll stick with the guy who started his career as a civil rights lawyer, thank you.

The thing is, while you may have issues with Hillary's personality, compare her and Obama's policy stances. There's a huge amount of overlap. If you support Obama, then chances are you'd still find Hillary a lot more favorable candidate than McCain. Of course, considering that Obama's pretty much assured the Democratic nomination at this stage, there's not much point in debating it any more. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Hillary isn't being very friendly to Barrack, though. And she DOES have 17 million and change votes. I think she wants the veep spot, and she's willing to do unpleasant things to Obama's campaign if she doesn't get it.

Obama may have more to worry about from Clinton then McCain himself. McCain wants to debate issues. Okay, fair enough. He should. Clinton's being selfish.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Shaolina
Burg Farmer

Post by Shaolina »

Angelalex242 wrote:Hillary isn't being very friendly to Barrack, though. And she DOES have 17 million and change votes. I think she wants the veep spot, and she's willing to do unpleasant things to Obama's campaign if she doesn't get it.

Obama may have more to worry about from Clinton then McCain himself. McCain wants to debate issues. Okay, fair enough. He should. Clinton's being selfish.

Agreed. I was hoping for her to be nice and team up with him but I didn't like how much of a sore loser she was. Doesn't matter since I can't vote. I live in Puerto Rico.