happy independence day

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: happy independence day

Post by Kizyr »

Maru wrote:
Kizyr wrote:I'm actually happy to be out of the DC area this weekend. That place gets so flooded with tourists this time of year that it gets tough to move around.
Kizzy, you live in DC? I didn't know that... I grew up there. Oh, how I miss it.
What are you talking about? You've only been bugging me to come visit you at work for the last 5 years. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Maru wrote:It's good, but not spectacular. Peter Berg's vision was slightly stifled by the studio and he was forced to make changes to appease them, which actually makes a lot of sense when you see the movie. I really admire him for trying to do something different with a superhero, but it's more of a popcorn movie than a deep thinker. Some very interesting viewpoints are made, but since they only mention some things without going into any sort of detail, you feel a little lost in the logic holes. I'm sure that if Berg was allowed to do everything he wanted it would have been a fantastic movie. It's worth seeing, but don't expect to be wowed.
Yeah, it almost seemed like there was more story behind it. That makes a bit more sense now.

I will say, me and my bro cracked up at the "That's cause I've been drinking, -Borgan-!" line early in the movie.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I almost went to see Hancock today, but I couldn't find a showtime that my friend and I could agree on. So... we ended up playing Sonic 2 for 2 hours instead. I'll probably try to watch it when it hits the dollar theater.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Werefrog wrote:I almost went to see Hancock today, but I couldn't find a showtime that my friend and I could agree on. So... we ended up playing Sonic 2 for 2 hours instead. I'll probably try to watch it when it hits the dollar theater.

Me and a co-worker has been wanting to see this movie before it came out, but both refused to see it opening day. So he went online, picked a time a week out, then printed it out and put it on the bulletin board. So now we have several people, my sister, and then myself going to see the movie this Monday Morning. :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Kizyr wrote:What are you talking about? You've only been bugging me to come visit you at work for the last 5 years. KF
Yeah, sorry. I suddenly remembered after I replied to that. Kind of one of those things you're embarrassed you've forgotten... *Shifty eyes.*

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

OOPS! I forgot that it was the 4th of July... I'm an awful American! At least I went out of state and spent lots of silver on junk! Now that's American!
I didn't even listen to Ayumi Hamasaki's song, July 1st on July 1st!! AHHH! I'm such a bad fan!
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Maru wrote:
Kizyr wrote:What are you talking about? You've only been bugging me to come visit you at work for the last 5 years. KF
Yeah, sorry. I suddenly remembered after I replied to that. Kind of one of those things you're embarrassed you've forgotten... *Shifty eyes.*
To be fair, I'm the one who's never visited you at work before. But I've tried! I think I came in once when your brother was serving or something, though we weren't in his section. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

my in-laws' whole neighborhood is fireworks obsessed. we've been going there the last few years for a fairly impressive (and illegal) fireworks display. the rest of the day, i spent sketching my own stuff instead of my work stuff. it was lovely.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Kizyr wrote:
Maru wrote:
To be fair, I'm the one who's never visited you at work before. But I've tried! I think I came in once when your brother was serving or something, though we weren't in his section. KF
You bastard.

It's okay. :D It's a great place to eat, so you should go there again anyways. I think Seth's the bar manager now (maybe?) so he'll just be behind the bar now. He also works as a bartender (or bouncer?) at the Black Cat, if you've ever been there.

I'm not in DC nearly as much as I want to, anymore. Sigh...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

meg wrote:my in-laws' whole neighborhood is fireworks obsessed. we've been going there the last few years for a fairly impressive (and illegal) fireworks display. the rest of the day, i spent sketching my own stuff instead of my work stuff. it was lovely.
I dislike neighborhood fireworks when they aren't done right. Not because they aren't pretty or fun, but because it is difficult to clean a lot of that mess up. The neighbors have been firing fireworks for the past three nights now, and besides the debris of little rocket sticks and paper (which I can handle), there was this large box of Saturn missiles, sitting right in the driveway. No attempt to clean that mess up made by them.

But if it's an entire neighborhood doing it, that's different. And great. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:
Maru wrote:
Kizyr wrote:I'm actually happy to be out of the DC area this weekend. That place gets so flooded with tourists this time of year that it gets tough to move around.
Kizzy, you live in DC? I didn't know that... I grew up there. Oh, how I miss it.
What are you talking about? You've only been bugging me to come visit you at work for the last 5 years. KF
STAY AWAY FROM MY FIANCE YOU LOOSE HUSSY! >:O
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Jenner wrote:STAY AWAY FROM MY FIANCE YOU LOOSE HUSSY! >:O
I'm going to have to inquire on how you know this.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Maru wrote:You bastard.

It's okay. :D It's a great place to eat, so you should go there again anyways. I think Seth's the bar manager now (maybe?) so he'll just be behind the bar now. He also works as a bartender (or bouncer?) at the Black Cat, if you've ever been there.

I'm not in DC nearly as much as I want to, anymore. Sigh...
Aw, I'm not that bad. I've been back to Afterwords several times; always with a group of friends, though, so I'm not at much liberty to plan out being there on a specific night. But be sure to let me know if you're back at DC, though trying to visit you where you work would probably be difficult. Maybe if Jenner is down here at the same time, both of us could come in.
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
I'm going to have to inquire on how you know this.
I think it's just her tendency to jump to conclusions. Apparently she's got it in her head that I'm a great catch or something, like there'd actually be anyone else interested in me. Dunno where that idea came from. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Kizyr wrote:Aw, I'm not that bad. I've been back to Afterwords several times; always with a group of friends, though, so I'm not at much liberty to plan out being there on a specific night. But be sure to let me know if you're back at DC, though trying to visit you where you work would probably be difficult. Maybe if Jenner is down here at the same time, both of us could come in.
I wouldn't be working there; I'd be at the bar getting free drinks and food. ;) I'm only down there once a year now, if that, but next time I'll let you know and maybe we can grab a drink or two.
Dammit. I'm sorry, it's his animal magnetism transcending the boundaries of a message board. I couldn't help myself. His butt cheeks are like two perfect scoops of coffee ice cream... Oh, well. Guess I'll have to find a way to move on.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Maru wrote:I'm sorry, it's his animal magnetism transcending the boundaries of a message board. I couldn't help myself. His butt cheeks are like two perfect scoops of coffee ice cream...
Boy, they don't teach that in sex ed.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Not in abstinence-only sex ed at least.