Otakon 2008 - Lunar Meetup, Anyone?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.

Will you be there?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:02 am

Yes - I'll be at Otakon and try to be at the meetup
36%
No - I'll be at Otakon but won't go to any meetup
No votes
No - I'm not going to be there at all
64%

Total votes: 14

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Otakon 2008 - Lunar Meetup, Anyone?

Post by Kizyr »

All right, so I'm calling out everyone who's planning on being at Otakon 2008. That's at the Baltimore Convention Center from August 8th-10th (just two weeks away).

A Lunar panel is still tentative (I'll give any updates if it becomes definite--sorry, I was late and we're waitlisted). But, regardless, we could still get a meetup together. I'm going to try to coordinate one between any of the main Lunar-related sites--LunarNET, Shrine to Ghaleon, and the IRC Lunarnet, if I can.

How about for now, we set a tentative time/place for:
Saturday, August 9th
Time: 1:00PM
Place: the doorway outside the Charles Street Lobby (at Charles and Pratt Streets):

Who all here is going to be in attendance? I could try and hammer out a definite time if I know what other folks' schedules are going to be like. KF

Attending:
- Kizyr
- HiroOne
- WD RPG WD
- Mystere (Shrine to Ghaleon boards)
- Kalla (Shrine to Ghaleon boards)
- DM Lou
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Otakon 2008 - Lunar Meetup, Anyone?

Post by Zophar »

Otakon, eh? Yeah I'm going to Otakon this year. A meet up would be awesome, count me in. Though if there is a panel, me and Eternal Sapphire would have to sit that one out. I can't possibly organize something in time, I would need to bend the very fabric of space and time to be able to get something worth showing ready.

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

I'm going to be there and will be cosplaying as Hiro.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Count me in. And I'll be dressed like Evil Luna like I always am.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Man I wish I'd have known about this meet up earlier. I would cosplay as a lunar character too but I lack the talents to make a costume so I just bought one at a store online lol. Of course AFTER I had gotten my outfit, they updated the website with a Hiro Costume... figures. <_<

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Come on, we need more people here!

G1, weren't you planning on coming in?

How about you, Maru? You're kind of in the area, aren't you?

Jenner, maybe I can find a way to convince you to come down, too... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've had no interest in conventions, but maybe some year I'll try getting to one just to meet you guys. That year won't be this one, though. Maybe next year; with earlier planning it might be possible to coordinate a larger group of folks.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Yeah, I'm in the area. Kinda. The only problem is that ticket prices are way up (as opposed to back in the day when they were like, 35 for the whole weekend...) and I can't find anyone to cover for me at work. Oh, money, how I wish you were easier to acquire...

Not owning a car and hating Greyhound and the Chinatown Bus also are obstacles. Next year! When I have time to plan!!

Edit: Dang. After scrolling up and seeing that image of Hiro really makes me wish I was there. ;D *Creepycreepycreepy....*

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sorry, Kiz, no chance. My vacation time is limited, and I'm going to need all I can over the next year or so to be able to go to Europe next summer. I'm not even going to get to go on a major hiking trip to Colorado this summer.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I'm making an update with the time: 1:00PM

So, we can head out someplace in the Inner Harbor for lunch then. Unfortunately, one of my favorite places (Afghan Kabob) closed down, I hear.

Anyone who can make it, just respond. I'll update the first post with a list of anyone who can. Doesn't seem like it'll be that big, of course.
Maru wrote:Not owning a car and hating Greyhound and the Chinatown Bus also are obstacles. Next year! When I have time to plan!!
What's with all the hate on the Chinatown bus? I like the Chinatown bus! The driver is sometimes a little lost and you get the occasional passenger with a live chicken on board. But find me a cheaper ride between DC and New York and then we'll talk. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Kizzieeee wrote:
Maru wrote:Not owning a car and hating Greyhound and the Chinatown Bus also are obstacles. Next year! When I have time to plan!!
What's with all the hate on the Chinatown bus? I like the Chinatown bus! The driver is sometimes a little lost and you get the occasional passenger with a live chicken on board. But find me a cheaper ride between DC and New York and then we'll talk. KF
I just don't like how it smells all the time, everyone who sits next to me is either chewing food like they were raised on a farm or sleeping on me or complaining about how awful white people are (and switching between praying for either Jesus or Reggie to take 'em down!), and the air conditioning only works when ... well, never. Or at least never when I'm on it... bastards...

But the fact that it's that cheap pretty much trumps all the crap... But I would still rather take the train. At least I get a window seat and no one sleeps on me! ^_^

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

I'm definitely going to be there. Wish I had more lunar goodness to take with me, but for now it'll just have to be the hiro costume with the ruby plushie. Saw a website with tons of great japanese lunar items for sale. Wish I could have them by now but you know how shipping from japan takes hehe

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I put up an "attending" list.

I also revised the meetup location. It'll be the doorway outside the big fountain room. When I get home this afternoon I'll post up a map with an X marks the spot, to show exactly what I mean. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sadly I won't be able to make it this year. :( I was hoping to go, but when I volunteered to be a part of a local theatre production I didn't realize at the time that the performances would run right though this weekend.
-Nobi

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Ah crap there's been a slight change of plans for me, so I won't be able to meet up with you guys. Sorry. :(

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Another update! I updated the meetup location with a map. It's going to be outside the doors of the Charles Street Lobby, basically near the corner of Charles and Pratt streets.

I already have WD RPG WD and Mystere's contact info. HiroOne, if you wa--well, you're going to be easy to spot so it's probably not necessary.

Also, I expect y'all to all be at the Lunar panel if we do have one! Check the errata sheet when you pick up your registration stuff. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I wish I could go! sounds like awesome fun. Make sure to take lots of pictures! I'm guessing this kind of thing is like the Dragon-con they have here in Atlanta?
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

WD RPG WD wrote:Count me in. And I'll be dressed like Evil Luna like I always am.
fapfapfapfap

Also, I'm sorry sweetheart, I can't afford to make it. I will budget to be able to come next year and try to drag Meg with me.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Too bad you can't make it, Zophar.

But! There are two more folks able to come now. DM Lou (caught up with him earlier today) and Kalla from the Shrine to Ghaleon boards. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Lunar meetup: resounding success.

We got photos.

We got videos.

We got 8 people to show up. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)