The Nerdy Geek In Me

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Nerdy Geek In Me

Post by phyco126 »

So over the past several months I have spent somewhere around $400 - $500 on, get this, Legos. MMmmmm. Legos. Now what the heck does a 23 year old man do with Legos? Well, play with them of course! About 95% of that money was spent on Legos to do one thing: Build a massive lego castle full of Castle Lego people (AKA Minifigures). Some of that mix also include Trolls/Goblins/Whatever, Skeletons, and dragons.

What can I say? I love Legos! I spend a great deal more time than I should on the Lego Digital Designer. I mean, I did build the first layer of a house completely to scale. To scale?

The first floor is 98% finished (just missing a handful of furniture). This includes a microwave, refridgerator, oven, trash can, table, mail on table, chairs, sink and counter, pantry, broom, fully tiled kitchen. Dining room. Living room, with couch, flat screen TV, and glass coffee table. Laundry room with both the Washer and Dryer. The bathroom with the toilet and sink. The fully tiled entry way, and stairs. Yup. I just need to throw in a few more pieces of furniture before I start on the second floor.

Right now, the 98% finished equates to about $281 (not including shipping). Whoa. I can expect the completed first floor to hit $300 - $320. The second floor will likely add around $250 - $300. XD I don't have THAT kind of money, but it is fun to build in the Designer tool and see how far you can push Legos (note: Push as in accurate and as operable as possible, such as the refrigerator that has a meat/veggie tray in it, or the oven that opens to reveal the inside).

So yeah, I'm a geek. XD I also bought a 5 pack of Matchbox cars just for one car. I gave the rest to my soon to be 5 year old brother. The car? A Smart of course! Hey, at $14,000 I can't afford the real thing. $5 is more reasonable I figure.

*giggle* I love Legos. I love cars. I love toys! Then, of course, I have to add Serenity and Firefly to the bill. XD

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Re: The Nerdy Geek In Me

Post by Maru »

Aaahh! Serenity and Firefly! ^____^

Legos are fun, but psh. S & F totally trumps this whole damn post. :)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Hey, way I figure you never totally grow up. I hate it when people try to be too mature. I love toys. :D Every so often I used to drag out my figures and play with them. :lol: Man, I used to make live action role plays up on my bed. That was so fun. Actually I spend quite a bit of money collecting panda stuff. Mostly plushies. :D

BattleMedic
Student of Vane

Post by BattleMedic »

There is nothing with playing with legos. I build alot of stuff as well.

http://www.brikwars.com/

This is my table top poison. My friends and I play would play one game and it would take hours to finish; usually by some silly means. It's not bad if you got the patience.

http://www.brickarms.com/

Nice quality mini-fig weapons if you're into modern stuff.
To have no fear, you must know fear.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Maru wrote:Aaahh! Serenity and Firefly! ^____^

Legos are fun, but psh. S & F totally trumps this whole damn post. :)

XD XD XD!!!!! I bought the Special Edition Serenity and the DVD set. I have watched them both sooooooo many times, that if giving a quote, chances are I can pin point it to not just the episode, but the scene itself. And likely continue with the quotes. A friend at work got me hooked onto them, I have never heard of Firefly aside from in passing, and I didn't know that the kick arse trailer I saw for Serenity tied into Firefly.

They are my babies. *snuggle cuddle*

Legos are fun, I would love to keep spending money on them to build bigger and better things. Alas, I cannot, but whatever. I can spend a little here and there for now while saving the rest.

Battlemedic, I'll have to check those out later.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Nothing wrong with playing with legos. I still like legos, and occasionally I'll build something. Though nothing as big or complex as your castle, phyco.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I've got pictures somewhere of the work in progress. I'll try to upload them, but I think the picture quality sucks.