For those over 21... A cocktail thread.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
White Shadow
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

For those over 21... A cocktail thread.

Post by White Shadow »

I'm looking for new drinks to try; anyone have any suggestions?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Re: For those over 21... A cocktail thread.

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Is there Coffee Brandy in your area? Mix that with milk. That's good stuff.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Not exactly a cocktail as much as a shot, but its mixed with some pretty wicked stuff.

Hawaii Kolou (SP?) and Irish Cream, then some other thing or two (butter scotch?). It'll put me on my rear, but it doesn't even have the burning nasty taste of alchohol.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

What kind of liquor do you prefer? Might be easier to narrow down some good choices. :)

Oh my god, I can't remember what it was called... But on my 21st birthday, my friends took me out for pre-gaming and I had 3 of these suckers. It was an already mixed drink with a shot of Bacardi 151 in the straw that you had to suck back super fast before it fell into the rest of the cocktail. For some reason. Drink with caution!!!! I had 3 of these on top of the other 4 drinks I had at the pre-game, not to mention all the other drinks I had at the various other 3 bars we went to (plus a house party).

....I only remember the first bar post pre-game.

Honestly, I only know of one bar that could make this drink, and it doesn't help that I can't remember the name. Does it sound familiar to anyone?

But! Back to the question at hand. Some personal favorites are:

-Kamikaze (can either be a shot or cocktail). 1 part vodka, 1 part lime juice, a splash of triple sec, and some bartenders put a splash of grenadine in there.

-Upside Down Pineapple (shot or cocktail, but I like the shot). 1 part vanilla vodka, 1 part pineapple juice, splash of grenadine.

-Honolulu Hammer. 1 part vodka, 1 part amaretto, and splashes of pineapple juice and grenadine.

-SoCo and RedBull. Mmmmm. Bad mix (an upper and downer... wuu!) but ever so much fun.

-Long Beach Iced Tea. Same as Long Island, except for light rum in place of spiced rum, and no sour mix. Has melon liqueur and cranberry juice.

I've also heard of a drink called a Bloody Maru! I haven't had one of these puppies, but I like the name. ;D

That's all I can think of off the top of my head in regards to the cocktails I really like. I'm a margarita girl so I usually default to that at a bar I'm unfamiliar with, but my brother (who's a bartender) has taught me a lot of stuff in regards to how to make some pretty sick drinks, so if you want to know of a few really good ones in a specific liquor you like, I'll try to hook ya up. ;D

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Is there Coffee Brandy in your area? Mix that with milk. That's good stuff.
Wow, I've got to agree with you there.

Probably the best drink I have ever had is one with a name I can't remember for sure, but it isn't because I was drinking ... I'm just terrible with names. The person who had it first couldn't remember; it was his bachelor party, and it was drink number... eight for him. But it smelled so good, so I ordered it, and it tasted... sooooo good.

It was a mix of peppermint schnapps and Goldschlager. Fire and Ice, or something like that.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Nog-a-Sake

Two parts nog. One part sake. Sorry that's in bad taste, but I can't resist a good The Office reference.

I don't drink much, but I like mojitos. It's a fairly weak drink: white rum mixed with soda water, sugar, and mint leaves.

White Shadow
Reza Thief

Post by White Shadow »

Maru wrote:What kind of liquor do you prefer? Might be easier to narrow down some good choices. :)
I've decided I like vodka. I don't care for rum. Haven't tried a lot of things, though.

I didn't do the whole 'drink on your 21st birthday' thing; I'm only now starting to be interested in trying drinks. (Am nearly 22 in any case.)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Jager Bombs are pretty good too. MMmmmm

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

White Shadow wrote:
Maru wrote:What kind of liquor do you prefer? Might be easier to narrow down some good choices. :)
I've decided I like vodka. I don't care for rum. Haven't tried a lot of things, though.

I didn't do the whole 'drink on your 21st birthday' thing; I'm only now starting to be interested in trying drinks. (Am nearly 22 in any case.)
Well. I maybe did the whole "21" thing a little too hard, haha... Yeah, rum is really give or take with me. Mostly because it's my "monster" drink. I turn into a mega -Borgan- when I have an excessive amount. Or... just one. And I'm talk'n MEGA -Borgan-. Like, so mega my friends won't let me have rum when we go out.

You may like these:

Screwdriver - Classic bar drink; Vodka and OJ. I don't drink them, though... (they were involved in my first "too-drunk-let's-puke" fiasco, so whenever I smell them my stomach lurches...)

Fire and Ice - Like Sonic said, very good. I don't know what's in it aside from the vodka (I think there's vermouth involved?) but yummys. I think it can be made a number of ways, but it's still purdy good.

Nuclear Waste - It glllooowwwsss!!! I think it's vodka and midori? Whatever, -Fatal Hopper- good.

Iron Butterfly - Vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's Irish Cream. Mmmm nomnom.

The Kamikaze and Honolulu Hammer I mentioned up there are vodka cocktails, so I would try those at least once. :) You also can never go wrong with a vodka martini, vodka tonic, vodka sour... Those are always nice if you've run out of really girly cocktails to slam back. :)

There are a grillion vodka cocktails, and I could really go on forever, but I think you may like the ones I suggested. You can't really taste the alcohol (vodka isn't even that strong of a taste anyways, but sometimes it can kick you in the throat), so they're easy to swallow.

phyco126 wrote:Jager Bombs are pretty good too. MMmmmm
Ew, no they are not. They taste like liquefied Satan.

Car bombs are fun, though.

White Shadow
Reza Thief

Post by White Shadow »

I've had Screwdrivers before; first tried the drink in Israel, actually. Liked it in any case. Will check out the others.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Amaretto Sours are also another nice drink to try.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Maru wrote:

Do tell!

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:Amaretto Sours are also another nice drink to try.
Oooh, or midori sours! Mmm.
phyco126 wrote:
Maru wrote:

Do tell!
Oooh, these are MUCH better than Jagerbombs. You take half a pint of Guinness and drop a shot glass full of Irish whiskey topped off with Irish creme in to it. You have to drink it super fast because it curdles. :) But it's soooo gooooddd.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Maru wrote:Oooh, these are MUCH better than Jagerbombs. You take half a pint of Guinness and drop a shot glass full of Irish whiskey topped off with Irish creme in to it. You have to drink it super fast because it curdles. :) But it's soooo gooooddd.
These were a St. Patty's Day tradition back in my dorm in college. :)
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Maru wrote:Oooh, these are MUCH better than Jagerbombs. You take half a pint of Guinness and drop a shot glass full of Irish whiskey topped off with Irish creme in to it. You have to drink it super fast because it curdles. :) But it's soooo gooooddd.
OOOoooo, I guess I'm gonna have to try it. However, I am epic fail when it comes to drinking a shot fast. For whatever reason, I just can seem to get it to slide down the throat, so instead I gotta gulp it like a soda. =/

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I'm not a big drinker but if you like vodka you should try a white russian sometime. They kick it's just vodka, coffee liqueur and cream really, but it's so good.

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

phyco126 wrote:
OOOoooo, I guess I'm gonna have to try it. However, I am epic fail when it comes to drinking a shot fast. For whatever reason, I just can seem to get it to slide down the throat, so instead I gotta gulp it like a soda. =/
You just got to learn how to open your throat and let it slide right on down... ;)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

See thats the thing though! I can do it with plenty of other standard drinks, such as water or tea. For whatever reason, I can't with alchohol!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

This is like the most popular thread on this board in like a month. What's that say about us?

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Werefrog wrote:This is like the most popular thread on this board in like a month. What's that say about us?

That we spend much of our down time enjoying a nice beverage... Just like your avatar. :wink: