dragontribe.net

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

dragontribe.net

Post by Dark_Fairy »

It looks like one of the few awesome Lunar sites left on the web has finally died.

dragontribe.net has been around for a REALLY long time, and hasn't been updated since 2002. I hadn't checked it in about a month, and finally when I went to it just a few minutes ago to do my usual oekaki board browsing...I found out it is gone. I'm kinda hoping its just temporarily down...but seeing as it hasn't been updated since 2002... :(

I'm kinda depressed now. I liked that site.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: dragontribe.net

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wasn't that Blake's Flying Cat homepage? That was around since I first got on the internet, and has LunarNET beat by a year or two. That sucks if it's gone for good.
-G1

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Yeah, it was the Flying Cat Homepage. It was the first Lunar site I ever went to, even before found out about L-Net. o_o

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! :cry:
That place was amazing! I got all my Nall goodies off there. :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Just tried it, and while the site still looks like it hasn't been updated in ages, it appears to be back up.

Then again, I shouldn't talk. I haven't updated my Lunar home page in ages either (although it's still up).
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

YAY! *does a happy dance*

Yup, it's working again. I wonder what happened to it those last few days? o_o

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://dragontribe.net

I'm glad it's back up. The link above is the archived pages from the site at archive.org. You can see what it (or millions of other sites for that matter) looked like years ago. The asterisks mark site updates. The Wayback Machine is great for nostalgia, at least when the links work anyway.

It's not perfect, the sites are usually only partially completed, and doesn't always back up images either, but it's a fun way to look at how a website evolves over years of time. Just the fact that there's a site up that's trying to back up the internet is amazing to me. It's also useful if you're re-designing a site and someone loses a source image from months or years back, and has lots of free public domain videos and streaming/downloadable live concerts including bands like The Smashing Pumpkins. Cool Site.

See if you remember this link... I was about 3 years late.
Lunar Net from March 30, 2002:
http://web.archive.org/web/200203301038 ... r-net.com/
New features included Lunar Legend Wallpaper which was just unveiled. Awesomeness.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ah, LNet back when they also reviewed non-lunar games. Fun days for me, back in high school.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Dark_Fairy wrote:Yup, it's working again. I wonder what happened to it those last few days? o_o
*Breathes a sigh of relief*
Don't SCARE me like that! ;0;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, it scared me too. >_<;

When I clicked on it to find it wasn't there a few days ago freaked me out, but its back now, so I'm not depressed anymore or freaked out. :)

Btw, looking at the old L-Net, I remember when I used to lurk the L-Net forums before 2002. Didn't there used to be a shop and gold feature on the forums back then? I think there was also a pretty big RP forum if I remember right. Now, the RP board is dead. Poor RP board. :(

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Hah, yes. For a while there was a gold function, and a whole RPG integrated into the boards. Then they took up too much bandwidth because people got carried away. >_>
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time