Jenner's Guide to "Getting" Girls.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Jenner's Guide to "Getting" Girls.

Post by Monde Luna »

Pycho that really doesn't seem creepy to me... Does it to any other gals?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

phyco126 wrote:So I've been checking out craigslist, very impressed with it. Nobi, I suggest forcing yourself out of your comfort zone. Craigslist has personals, including platonic only. That could be a great place to start, some people just want to chat for a night to pass the time, others have expressed interest in actively hanging out.
I did Craigslist. Only one person I found was real, we talked on the phone for a while. On the day we decided to meet, she flaked and didn't show. After that she didn't call me, nor did she return my call. (I only called once, I didn't want to come off like some creepy stalker or something).

And I officially hate the number 225.
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Monde Luna wrote:Pycho that really doesn't seem creepy to me... Does it to any other gals?
Eh, I never really asked any women. Didn't need to end up on that website or anything, :lol: .

Nobi: Just gotta keep trying man. So many people have had to date so many women before they finally found the one they married.

Now, my biggest difficult point will be getting out of my comfort zone and making friends. Need to try to befriend ladies, without getting too little attached or too overly attached.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Work Commission. You get really good at talking to EVERYBODY that way. Especially if you're trying to recruit them.

That's my advice for the day.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

yes. by all means, stop taking advice from chick flicks. the whole point of the chick flick is that it is utterly improbable. it caters to certain inner fetishes that in a real life situation most of us would run from. kind of like those twilight books girls are supposedly going ga-ga over. "ohh, he beats the crap out of her during sex. that's so romantic!"

the creepy part isn't that you called her. it's how you got her number. there are certain Trusted Sources(tm) that it is okay to get information about a girl from because they provide a form of filtering. these sources wouldn't just give info out to anybody. close friends, mainly. not parents (they have different tastes, and in the case of my mother, absolutely terrible judgment). definitely not computer databases--that kind of crosses the line into stalking.

that is a really sad story, phyco. but there will be other girls. and the experience helped you grow (which is, haha, what i tell myself after every experience that makes me cry. it's true though!).

and nobi, we're all bastards in some way or another. so don't harsh on yourself too much. just learn to make your own happiness. this will attract others more than anything else you could do.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

So how I got the number was the creepy part huh? Wish someone told me that before I did it, haha. It wasn't exactly like no one knew that was how I got the number, when I mentioned that is how I could get the number both male and female friends were like "yeah, go get it!" However, yeah... lesson learned.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

meg wrote: the creepy part isn't that you called her. it's how you got her number. there are certain Trusted Sources(tm) that it is okay to get information about a girl from because they provide a form of filtering. these sources wouldn't just give info out to anybody. close friends, mainly. not parents (they have different tastes, and in the case of my mother, absolutely terrible judgment). definitely not computer databases--that kind of crosses the line into stalking.
Yeah, I agree. I would not at all be comfortable with someone I wasn't close with getting my number through my work, and if they worked at the same place as me I'd definitely tell management about them.

However, you can't do right 100% of the time, and you realize in hindsight that it was a mistake. The girl you had a crush on may have been unimpressed, but if you walked on with new knowledge in life without hurting anyone, it wasn't a complete loss.