Facebook - Friend Requests

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Facebook - Friend Requests

Post by Monde Luna »

Hi Guys/Gals,
I was just wondering if any of you have been getting Indonesian friend requests lately on facebook. I got 2 from complete strangers today and I thought it was kind of strange. My profile is private too and none of my friends seem to be having that issue. :oops:

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Facebook - Friend Requests

Post by Kizyr »

The only Indonesian friend requests that I get are from my friends that are Indonesian.

Some of my friends (female, mostly) will get random friend requests from people obviously trying to pick them up. Usually South Asian, but the same friends in question are also South Asian.

Also you can still send friend requests to people set to private. It depends on how many links (through other people's profiles) they can click through to get to yours. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

I get an odd amount of users asking if I'm LDS, and I just tell them no and refuse their request.

Just ignore them, and set your account to maximum privacy.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I really don't have any problem with Facebook friend requests. I used to get a ton of annoying ones from Myspace.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Yeah I thought it was interesting because I've been on facebook a long time and have NEVER gotten a friend request from someone I didn't know. All of a sudden boom Indoneisia loves me. But it appears that was a one day fluke. This why I like facebook because it's not like myspace. :D Of course I just ignored them, although one guy had a super creepy profile pic. Widodo Indarto look him up.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I've never had that problem once. (and I didn't realize how many people here were on Facebook) Myspace is another story. That place is so full of spammers it's not even funny. Facebook is great (though I'm getting tired of application updates and requests)
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Yeah, the apps can be kinda annoying. For a while I just accepted anything because I didn't want to be rude, but now I have started to ignore the apps.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ignore all apps. No one knows whether or not you've added it, unless they care enough to check your profile itself (that is, they don't get a notice saying you didn't accept the app). Besides, if I accepted all apps I came across, that'd be, what, 50 extra tabs on my profile page.

...what's irritating is all these little quizzes require you to add a damn tab and an app to take them. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

The quizzes have become my new favorite way to kill time though. :)