I'm still alive too!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

I'm still alive too!

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all,

I kinda made a couple of posts already in the last week. I feel bad that I haven't been around in a long while though :( Much like a couple peeps posts that I read earlier, I've had my ups and downs - one of the nice ups though is that I became a surprise aunt in early March... my SIL didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labor and had to go to the hospital! Yeah, my MIL found out on a Saturday and Wed that week my SIL had my nephew! So crazy, but he is adorable and makes me wish my body would hurry up and let me have a little one too! lol

Anyhow, I hope everyone is doing well and hey, there's a new Lunar game on the horizon that looks really freakin' awesome - I'm so glad I got a Jpn PSP while I was in Japan! XD

Take care now everyone!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: I'm still alive too!

Post by GhaleonOne »

Welcome back... and actually, that's something I've been wondering. How does an import PSP game work on a domestic PSP. Are there a lot of regional issues or will it work?
-G1

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hey G1, thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hmm, I'm not sure how the imports work on the domestic PSPs, as far as problems and such since I have a Japanese psp. I can ask my husband though, he knows quite a bit about imports and whatnot. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I find out :)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Great to see you again! I have this feeling that there was something I wanted to ask you about at some point, but I've forgotten it now. How's your Tear in Time project?

And O_O about your SIL and nephew. I guess that means she must've had a really really easy pregnancy, though! And been otherwise healthy, because it seems like the first thing you get asked by an advice nurse or urgent-care physician is if you might be pregnant.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Welcome back!! :-)

And PSPs are region free. You can play Japanese games on American PSPs and visa versa. :-)
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Welcome back!

Question: How does one not know they are preggers?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I had a friend of a friend who had a surprise pregnancy. Apparently everything worked out, but... it's rather strange. Congrats on being an aunt!

And welcome back!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Welcome back P.G.J.! Thought you had left for good.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

@Alun: Thanks for the welcome too :) Whenever you remember what it was you wanted to say feel free to PM me if you like :) My Tear in Time comic project is still in the works but recently I've been working on an original story, it's called "Choose Your Own Romance". It's another comic project, but interactive through voting when I post "choice pages". After the next choice page I will take a break from it and revisit Tear and some other projects that I've put aside.

In regards to my SIL, she never did have any problems that I can recall. She went to the doctor for a really sore throat due to indigestion once... but I'm not sure if she took meds or not. That was fairly close to the end of pregnancy though. She was asked how she could've gone so long... actually back in January she did notice that something seemed "off" so she took a test and it was positive. She called the doctor's office but they refused for whatever reason to see her until Mid-March. I know, crazy right? Well my SIL lives at home and I think that she was really scared to say anything since she's not married either. She also thought she had a lot more time than she did, in January she was already 6 months along. I'm not sure what clued my MIL in on it because my SIL never looked preggo, she gained weight but we all thought maybe it was just a few too many sweets. But like I said a few days before my SIL actually gave birth my MIL confronted her somehow and found out. When she went into labor, she thought she was actually miscarrying because she thought she was only 3 or 4 months along at the most. And then the rest as they say is history. She never felt my nephew kick and in fact when he was born he was a very quiet baby. Well, now a couple of months later he's much more verbal :D

@Nobi: Thanks! I had no idea they were region free ^^;

Everyone, thanks for the welcomes too ^_^b I'll never leave LNet for good, just go on hiatus ;p

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

A fat belly looks SIGNIFICANTLY different from a pregnant one. How can you not know you're pregnant for the ENTIRE DURATION of a pregnancy? Didn't she think something was up when she wasn't doing her monthly bleeding?

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

BG, heads up; a belly can differ from pregnancy to pregnancy, as can condition/symptoms/behavior/etc. My sister is Pregnant but you can't really tell. Some people simply do look like they've only gained weight. I've heard of people going all the way until labor without realizing they were pregnant before. Being a guy, I can't know how either but it does happen and if you'll notice she mentions that her sister in law noticed something was funny back in January anyway.

About the PSP. Oddly enough I've heard one game called "BattleZone" is region locked, but no other games are. However the UMD movies are indeed region locked. If you wanted to import LUNAR I'd say it'd be A-OK.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

BG, she carried the baby closer to her spin rather than away so that's why she didn't have that obvious round pregnant belly :) Also, a lot of women still get their period every month while pregnant for some reason. It's not common but that's another reason my SIL didn't know. She also has Endometriosis which makes her monthly cycle pretty painful and so I think she probably thought all of the pregnancy pains were due to that as well. Pregnancy can be so weird, for one woman all of her pregnancies can be completely different. A lot of the time pre-menstrual symptoms are exactly the same as early pregnancy symptoms too so that's why a lot of women don't know until they're a couple of months along.

But ANYways lol, thanks you guys for answering the region code question! :)