Nothing to do

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.

Whats your favorite kind of pie

Apple
29%
Pumpkin
12%
Banana Cream
6%
Coconut Cream
6%
Chocolate
No votes
Strawberry rhubarb
No votes
Other
35%
Dont like pie (you would have to be crazy)
12%

Total votes: 17

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Nothing to do

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I'm super bored with nothing to do so i decided to make a thread, i hope you don't mind~
It is 5:30am here, been up till 6pm and have to stay up till 1pm at least, maybe longer. So far iv made 2 different pies, and later on around 10, a shall make a quiche since my auntie and her husband are coming for a short visit, thats why i made a pie, and to stop my dad from eating the pie before they get here, i had to make him his own pie (spoiled brat)
So im not really doing anything just sitting here singing along to metallica trying to get Dream a little dream out of my head. I was trying to find my camera but cant all i know is that its in my room, but i gave up for now. Im trying to think of something to do but not really in the mood for anything, that is the price i have to pay for being a night owl. One good thing about being up this late is we got to save the mouse my cat caught and brought into the house.
So whats up with you guys? (you don't have to answer that)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Nothing to do

Post by Sonic# »

Mmm, pie.

I'm getting ready for Latin right now. I ride a shuttle, so it takes me only 20 minutes to get to campus. When I move in a month, it could take as much as twice that long, since I have to drive to the bus stop or transfer between buses. But all that is boring. ;)

As for boredom, you could try finding an interesting blog to read? This one follows a homeless father and daughter in The Sims 3. Very touching.
http://aliceandkev.wordpress.com/

You could also try a new webcomic. Most recently I've enjoyed Looking for Group. It has lots of fantasy silliness. http://www.lfgcomic.com/
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Latin, like learning to read and speak it? that would be cool. That sucks that its going to take twice as long for you to get to campus, I know what thats like, it use to take me 45 - 60 mins and 3 bus changes to get to school. Thanks for the links i shall check them out ^^

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Dutch Cranberry Apple pie is my favorite.

As for what i'm doing i'll post it in another thread so we don't have to many posts about MJ in other threads.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I am currently

1) On a diet trying to lose weight
2) Taking private lessons in Japanese (still a beginner, probably 10 years before I get close to Kiyzr's level)
3) Finalizing my book (editing the final draft, starting artwork, deciding on layout etc.)
4) Trying to self teach myself guitar.

And sadly I'm not one for pie. :(
-Nobi

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Coconut cream and strawberry rhubarb are both very good options. I think I'd probably pick strawberry rhubarb since I haven't had it in so long. But it's up to you. Also, if you're really bored, you can always take up Tetris (see the Tetris thread).

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Iv never had Dutch Cranberry Apple before maybe I'll try and make it one day.

Japanese lessons sounds cool, iv always wanted to take them, i went to a school that had a Japanese class but couldn't take since i entered the school during the second term of the Japanese lesson, then ended up home schooling. Self teaching Guitar is hard but not impossible my friend self taught him self, I took lessons for a year then "took a break" and haven't started up again, and now im afraid to move my guitar since there's a good chance theres spiders living in the case.

i was checking out the tetris thread earlier, sadly my computer really sucks plus i have dial up so it doesn't work so well for me.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Spiders in the case? D:

Kill it with fire.
-Nobi

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Fire would probably work! ...but my guitar case is in my corner shoved next to my dresser and i don't want to burn down my room.
one day I'll have to find some one brave (my dad would probably do) to move it and check it out for me

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm on vacation in Japan at the moment. I'll be back next week. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I am currently in the process of moving, getting a second job, working, doing school (College algebra, gak!!!) and trying to stay sane from it all.

I do like me some pie, especially Apple Pie (my favorite), cherry pie, and coconut cream pie

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

wow Japan thats so cool i would love to and hope to go there one day.

ah college, that sounds like fun. good luck staying sane!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

By the way: you don't have pecan pie up there? What gives? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, pecan's good. Is cheesecake considering pie? If so, I'm going with that. It's shaped like a pie, but probably more like a specialty desert (it's not really cake either)

Out of those choices, coconut cream probably. Though pumpkin and banana cream as really good too.
-G1

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

No one's mentioned key lime yet? It's my personal fave, followed by chocolate cream. Of those I like pumpkin the best. And apple is good too, especially with cinnamon...okay I should stop before my stomach forces me to make a pie :D

Also, speaking of cheesecake, two of my friends made it their personal mission to try every kind on the menu at the Cheesecake Factory...just a fun tidbit there.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I like keylime. It's a good pie but I have to be in the mood for it. However, I can eat dutch apple (apple/cranberry) anytime that's why it's my fav.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I should have added pecan pie up there. I just didn't think of it, I've never had it before, same with Key lime.

Cheesecake is good, but i don't think its a pie, i don't know what it would be considered. I've always considered it cake since cake was in the title. I'm actually eating some now with cherry sauce on top.